Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone used solicitors instead of agents ?

Anyone used solicitors instead of agents ?

Old Mar 28th 2005, 10:24 pm
Forum Regular

pazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to all
Question Anyone used solicitors instead of agents ?

Hi all,

After a chat with my wife (Maria), she was talking about a work colleague who's son moved to Sydney using a solicitor/lawyer instead of using an agent.
Does any of you knowledgable posters know how to go down this avenue, as the lad who done it seems happy with the outcome.
My wife will not be to ask her colleague for another two weeks, when she returns back to school,(off for easter), for more details.

I'd appreciate any feedback

cheers
paz.
Old Mar 28th 2005, 10:32 pm
I don't re Member

andrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone used solicitors instead of agents ?

Originally Posted by pazza
Hi all,

After a chat with my wife (Maria), she was talking about a work colleague who's son moved to Sydney using a solicitor/lawyer instead of using an agent.
Does any of you knowledgable posters know how to go down this avenue, as the lad who done it seems happy with the outcome.
My wife will not be to ask her colleague for another two weeks, when she returns back to school,(off for easter), for more details.

I'd appreciate any feedback

cheers
paz.
Paz
My agent is (was) a solicitor/lawyer
No problems.
Fine service and he was receommended too.

Andrew
Old Mar 28th 2005, 10:42 pm
Forum Regular

pazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to all
Smile Re: Anyone used solicitors instead of agents ?

Originally Posted by andrew63
Paz
No problems.

Andrew
Thanks Andrew,

Appreciate it mate,
i'm not too sure, so i thought i'd ask.

As they say, "shy bairns get nowt"..
Old Mar 28th 2005, 10:52 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andrew63
Paz
No problems.

Andrew
Some agents are also solicitors, others are not.

Unless the work specifically *requires* a solicitor, I don't see what specific advantage it gives.

Jeremy
Old Mar 28th 2005, 10:59 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JAJ
Some agents are also solicitors, others are not.

Unless the work specifically *requires* a solicitor, I don't see what specific advantage it gives.

Jeremy
Thanks Jeremy..