British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Anyone used Poms In Perth? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/anyone-used-poms-perth-619029/)

kaungchiau Jul 8th 2009 5:22 pm

Anyone used Poms In Perth?

I found out about www.pomsinperth.com accidentally.

Has anyone used their service to look for temporary accommodation?

My visa was granted a week ago and am planning to move to Perth in September. Having waited so long for the 175 visa, I am struggling with accommodation, not sure whether to get there for a few weeks to look for accommodation and then fly back to the UK to pack my stuffs, or to find accommdation from the UK and then book one way flight to Perth.

I have to make my initial entry by October. Can people in Perth share their experience with me on how they made the first move? Fly one way and start looking for accommodation or went on a return ticket after having sorted accommodation from the UK?

Downies Jul 9th 2009 8:01 am

Re: Anyone used Poms In Perth?

Originally Posted by kaungchiau (Post 7734986)

My visa was granted a week ago and am planning to move to Perth in September. Having waited so long for the 175 visa, I am struggling with accommodation, not sure whether to get there for a few weeks to look for accommodation and then fly back to the UK to pack my stuffs, or to find accommdation from the UK and then book one way flight to Perth.

I have to make my initial entry by October. Can people in Perth share their experience with me on how they made the first move? Fly one way and start looking for accommodation or went on a return ticket after having sorted accommodation from the UK?

We were lucky and had friends with a spare room for us - took us a couple of weeks to get everything lined up with tax, banks, money etc but got six month rental within that time but waited another week to move in as was Christmas week.

You could rent a holiday chalet/caravan park accommodation for a couple of weeks and settle down to looking for rental after sorting documents etc. Definately wouldnt recommend trip over to set up and come back again, seems like double the work.

Good luck.

joedixon747 Jul 9th 2009 8:02 am

any 1 ?

wednesfield wolf Jul 9th 2009 10:02 am

Can't help ypou with poms in perth, but we rented at a holiday camp for 4 weeks (with an option to extend) tha advantages are , you won't need to buy anything, the chalets are self contained, most will have swimming pools,washing facilities, internet access, phones etc.

It weas agreat way too begin our Australian adventure without parting with toom uch cash straight away.

Good luck.

Santa Jul 9th 2009 10:26 am

Originally Posted by kaungchiau (Post 7734986)

Yep, we used them about six years ago. They were very good then, presume they still are now. If your waiting for you shipping then they are a god send as the houses they provide are pretty well equiped.

kaungchiau Jul 9th 2009 4:15 pm

Thanks eveyone for the useful suggestions.

I am moving out there on my own, so will not probably need a chalet or a villa. I think a flat or apartment will suffice.

Is there any relocation agencies out there assisting with meet and greet and temporary accommodation?

sportsendurance Jul 9th 2009 10:40 pm

Are these holiday camps rented out in Aug / Sept ie Winter? If so any recommendations as to which ones slightly north and south of Perth

overthemoon Jul 10th 2009 6:47 am

try these guys www.aswa.com.au we used them no problems at all:thumbup: