Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone used Poms In Perth?

Anyone used Poms In Perth?

Old Jul 8th 2009, 5:22 pm
Forum Regular

kaungchiau is a name known to allkaungchiau is a name known to allkaungchiau is a name known to allkaungchiau is a name known to allkaungchiau is a name known to allkaungchiau is a name known to allkaungchiau is a name known to allkaungchiau is a name known to allkaungchiau is a name known to allkaungchiau is a name known to allkaungchiau is a name known to all
Default Anyone used Poms In Perth?

I found out about www.pomsinperth.com accidentally.

Has anyone used their service to look for temporary accommodation?

My visa was granted a week ago and am planning to move to Perth in September. Having waited so long for the 175 visa, I am struggling with accommodation, not sure whether to get there for a few weeks to look for accommodation and then fly back to the UK to pack my stuffs, or to find accommdation from the UK and then book one way flight to Perth.

I have to make my initial entry by October. Can people in Perth share their experience with me on how they made the first move? Fly one way and start looking for accommodation or went on a return ticket after having sorted accommodation from the UK?
Old Jul 9th 2009, 8:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Downies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone used Poms In Perth?

Originally Posted by kaungchiau

My visa was granted a week ago and am planning to move to Perth in September. Having waited so long for the 175 visa, I am struggling with accommodation, not sure whether to get there for a few weeks to look for accommodation and then fly back to the UK to pack my stuffs, or to find accommdation from the UK and then book one way flight to Perth.

I have to make my initial entry by October. Can people in Perth share their experience with me on how they made the first move? Fly one way and start looking for accommodation or went on a return ticket after having sorted accommodation from the UK?
We were lucky and had friends with a spare room for us - took us a couple of weeks to get everything lined up with tax, banks, money etc but got six month rental within that time but waited another week to move in as was Christmas week.

You could rent a holiday chalet/caravan park accommodation for a couple of weeks and settle down to looking for rental after sorting documents etc. Definately wouldnt recommend trip over to set up and come back again, seems like double the work.

Good luck.
Old Jul 9th 2009, 8:02 am
Just Joined

joedixon747 is an unknown quantity at this point

any 1 ?
Old Jul 9th 2009, 10:02 am
Forum Regular

wednesfield wolf has a brilliant futurewednesfield wolf has a brilliant futurewednesfield wolf has a brilliant futurewednesfield wolf has a brilliant futurewednesfield wolf has a brilliant futurewednesfield wolf has a brilliant futurewednesfield wolf has a brilliant future

Can't help ypou with poms in perth, but we rented at a holiday camp for 4 weeks (with an option to extend) tha advantages are , you won't need to buy anything, the chalets are self contained, most will have swimming pools,washing facilities, internet access, phones etc.

It weas agreat way too begin our Australian adventure without parting with toom uch cash straight away.

Good luck.
Old Jul 9th 2009, 10:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Santa is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by kaungchiau

Yep, we used them about six years ago. They were very good then, presume they still are now. If your waiting for you shipping then they are a god send as the houses they provide are pretty well equiped.
Old Jul 9th 2009, 4:15 pm
Forum Regular

kaungchiau is a name known to allkaungchiau is a name known to allkaungchiau is a name known to allkaungchiau is a name known to allkaungchiau is a name known to allkaungchiau is a name known to allkaungchiau is a name known to allkaungchiau is a name known to allkaungchiau is a name known to allkaungchiau is a name known to allkaungchiau is a name known to all

Thanks eveyone for the useful suggestions.

I am moving out there on my own, so will not probably need a chalet or a villa. I think a flat or apartment will suffice.

Is there any relocation agencies out there assisting with meet and greet and temporary accommodation?
Old Jul 9th 2009, 10:40 pm
Forum Regular

sportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to all

Are these holiday camps rented out in Aug / Sept ie Winter? If so any recommendations as to which ones slightly north and south of Perth
Old Jul 10th 2009, 6:47 am
Forum Regular

overthemoon is a name known to alloverthemoon is a name known to alloverthemoon is a name known to alloverthemoon is a name known to alloverthemoon is a name known to alloverthemoon is a name known to alloverthemoon is a name known to alloverthemoon is a name known to alloverthemoon is a name known to alloverthemoon is a name known to alloverthemoon is a name known to all

try these guys www.aswa.com.au we used them no problems at all