Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone used Metro rent a car (Gold coast)

Anyone used Metro rent a car (Gold coast)

Old May 30th 2006, 3:14 pm
Forum Regular

John Sharp is on a distinguished road
Angry Anyone used Metro rent a car (Gold coast)

Help required from anyone who has/will be using or knows of this company.
We hired a car from them during our validation trip (19th march 06 for 3 weeks)
The rental agreement had a refundable bond of $2,750.00 which they took from our visa card at the time.
They have acknowledged that the car was returned on time & in the same condition as we recieved it but have not returned the bond.
I have contacted them by email & on the phone a number of times & they say it it has been processed, several more emails & phone calls later they said they would process it again & still we have nothing.
Does anyone know where we stand legally as we're at a bit of a loss to know what to do next.

Regards John & family
Old May 30th 2006, 4:06 pm
uk -> brisvegas

OGRADYA is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone used Metro rent a car (Gold coast)

It's such a pain when companies do this to you...

I had a similar situation a few years back (different company). In the end I threatened them with legal action (verbally) if the refund was not made within 7 days. At the end of the 7 days I still had not had the money refunded so I wrote to them, again threatening legal action. I named my solicitor in the letter, although I hadn't contacted them (the solicitors) at all - just wanted to make it more "heavyweight". Two days later I had the money.

It isn't nice to have to get stroppy, but sometimes you just have to shout and stamp a bit before you get results.

Good luck
Alicia
Old May 31st 2006, 6:40 pm
Forum Regular

John Sharp is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by OGRADYA
It's such a pain when companies do this to you...

I had a similar situation a few years back (different company). In the end I threatened them with legal action (verbally) if the refund was not made within 7 days. At the end of the 7 days I still had not had the money refunded so I wrote to them, again threatening legal action. I named my solicitor in the letter, although I hadn't contacted them (the solicitors) at all - just wanted to make it more "heavyweight". Two days later I had the money.

It isn't nice to have to get stroppy, but sometimes you just have to shout and stamp a bit before you get results.

Good luck
Alicia

Thanks Alicia, guess what, just rec'd monies today after nearly 8 weeks of chasing. Will not be using them again in a hurry !!

Regards Rula
Old May 31st 2006, 10:04 pm
uk -> brisvegas

OGRADYA is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by John Sharp
Thanks Alicia, guess what, just rec'd monies today after nearly 8 weeks of chasing. Will not be using them again in a hurry !!

Regards Rula
Excellent news. If it is any help, I have used Europecar on the gold Coast several times and always found them good to deal with.

Cheers
Alicia