British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Anyone used melbourne airport Skybus (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/anyone-used-melbourne-airport-skybus-362532/)

Sugo Mar 21st 2006 1:50 am

Anyone used melbourne airport Skybus

anyone used the melbourne skybus from the airport to the city?

silly question but can you purchase a tciket at the airport? i think its 15AUD

is that true?

wmoore Mar 21st 2006 1:54 am

Re: Anyone used melbourne airport Skybus

Originally Posted by Sugo

is that true?

We used it a couple of years ago and I seem to recall we bought the tickets at a counter just before you leave the terminal.

Sugo Mar 21st 2006 1:58 am

Originally Posted by wmoore
We used it a couple of years ago and I seem to recall we bought the tickets at a counter just before you leave the terminal.

wow that was quick thanks for that fella, kewl of you to reply so quickly, thats what i thought just last min nerves, always get a bit jittery before flying anywhere, worse thing is im a hypercondriac nurse, already thought ive had meningitis and appendicitis this morning, only abnother 12 hours before i leave

YoSemite Mar 21st 2006 4:35 am

tickets at airport from a counter just near where the buss leaves.

i seem to remember buying a ticket from the bus drive once when i came in on a very late flight.... but that was maybe 3 years ago so maybe now they have the counter open form first to last flights?!?!

marco121068 Mar 21st 2006 6:38 am

....and once you get to the bus station there is a courtesy bus that takes you to your hotel if you're staying in the city.

wmoore Mar 21st 2006 7:48 am

Originally Posted by marco121068
....and once you get to the bus station there is a courtesy bus that takes you to your hotel if you're staying in the city.

Bugger. I walked. In the rain :(

arewethereyet Mar 21st 2006 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by Sugo

is that true?

Try the Skybus website, www.skybus.com.au

Has timetable, prices etc...

We hope to use it when we get there in June.

Don

Teliko21 Mar 21st 2006 11:46 pm

Do they still promise a 15min trip to the city? Those buses are crazy :D

helinuk Mar 22nd 2006 7:57 am

I used the bus several times on my last trip to Melb. it was good value and it was fast down the freeway so hold on! The covered walkway was being constructed between the city bus depot and Spencer street station -would imagine it was finished in time for the Games :)

Teliko21 Mar 22nd 2006 8:00 am

Originally Posted by helinuk
I used the bus several times on my last trip to Melb. it was good value and it was fast down the freeway so hold on! The covered walkway was being constructed between the city bus depot and Spencer street station -would imagine it was finished in time for the Games :)

Southern Cross Station isn't finished, to get from the trains to the buses you have to walk through a massive construction area, all hidden behind lovely Commonwealth Games signs :D

gidxg03 Mar 22nd 2006 8:24 am

We used them in January. Bought ticket on-line. No problems. Bus was busy though, and we had a lot of luggage. Dropped us/picked us up from the hotel though which was very handy.