Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone used melbourne airport Skybus

Anyone used melbourne airport Skybus

Old Mar 21st 2006, 1:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Sugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of light
Default Anyone used melbourne airport Skybus

anyone used the melbourne skybus from the airport to the city?

silly question but can you purchase a tciket at the airport? i think its 15AUD

is that true?
Old Mar 21st 2006, 1:54 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone used melbourne airport Skybus

Originally Posted by Sugo

is that true?
We used it a couple of years ago and I seem to recall we bought the tickets at a counter just before you leave the terminal.
Old Mar 21st 2006, 1:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Sugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by wmoore
We used it a couple of years ago and I seem to recall we bought the tickets at a counter just before you leave the terminal.

wow that was quick thanks for that fella, kewl of you to reply so quickly, thats what i thought just last min nerves, always get a bit jittery before flying anywhere, worse thing is im a hypercondriac nurse, already thought ive had meningitis and appendicitis this morning, only abnother 12 hours before i leave

Last edited by Sugo; Mar 21st 2006 at 2:02 am.
Old Mar 21st 2006, 4:35 am
BE Forum Addict

YoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond repute

tickets at airport from a counter just near where the buss leaves.

i seem to remember buying a ticket from the bus drive once when i came in on a very late flight.... but that was maybe 3 years ago so maybe now they have the counter open form first to last flights?!?!
Old Mar 21st 2006, 6:38 am
BE Forum Addict

marco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond repute

....and once you get to the bus station there is a courtesy bus that takes you to your hotel if you're staying in the city.
Old Mar 21st 2006, 7:48 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by marco121068
....and once you get to the bus station there is a courtesy bus that takes you to your hotel if you're staying in the city.
Bugger. I walked. In the rain
Old Mar 21st 2006, 7:32 pm
Just Joined

arewethereyet has a spectacular aura aboutarewethereyet has a spectacular aura aboutarewethereyet has a spectacular aura about
Thumbs up Re: Anyone used melbourne airport Skybus

Originally Posted by Sugo

is that true?

Try the Skybus website, www.skybus.com.au

Has timetable, prices etc...

We hope to use it when we get there in June.

Don
Old Mar 21st 2006, 11:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Teliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond repute

Do they still promise a 15min trip to the city? Those buses are crazy
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 7:57 am
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

I used the bus several times on my last trip to Melb. it was good value and it was fast down the freeway so hold on! The covered walkway was being constructed between the city bus depot and Spencer street station -would imagine it was finished in time for the Games
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 8:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Teliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by helinuk
I used the bus several times on my last trip to Melb. it was good value and it was fast down the freeway so hold on! The covered walkway was being constructed between the city bus depot and Spencer street station -would imagine it was finished in time for the Games
Southern Cross Station isn't finished, to get from the trains to the buses you have to walk through a massive construction area, all hidden behind lovely Commonwealth Games signs
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 8:24 am
BE Enthusiast

gidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud of

We used them in January. Bought ticket on-line. No problems. Bus was busy though, and we had a lot of luggage. Dropped us/picked us up from the hotel though which was very handy.