British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Anyone used Fox Group for shipping? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/anyone-used-fox-group-shipping-291916/)

worzel Mar 23rd 2005 1:48 pm

Anyone used Fox Group for shipping?

Fox Group (shippers) were at the Sandown show and we entered a free draw with them and are now getting the expected phone calls. Has anyone used them (heard of them even) before I decide whether to file their number or tell them not to bother me?

flip Mar 23rd 2005 2:26 pm

Re: Anyone used Fox Group for shipping?

Originally Posted by worzel
Fox Group (shippers) were at the Sandown show and we entered a free draw with them and are now getting the expected phone calls. Has anyone used them (heard of them even) before I decide whether to file their number or tell them not to bother me?

Friend's going to Dubai - they're recommended by her husband's company.

She's using them - says the organiser's really helful, nice, etc. Very pleased by she hasn't gone yet.

Rooksie Mar 23rd 2005 4:42 pm

go on admit it, it was the free balloons!!! ;)

Ady Whit Mar 23rd 2005 4:56 pm

A friend of ours used them back in August and said that they were 'ok'. a few pieces of art arrived damaged -bad packing and they are still trying to sort out with the insurance however he did have 2x40ft containers! his advice to us was get a quote and compare as they are all much the same. basicially full of bull!

webgum Mar 23rd 2005 5:41 pm

Having had loads of quotes, I'm probably going with Fox. They are a national company so packers are going to vary from location to location. My two packers have combined experience of over 50 years........ I hope doesn't mean that they really knackered and can't carry anything heavier than a prawn cracker.

:p

This doesn't really help you, does it...! Sorry.

worzel Mar 24th 2005 9:48 am

Not exactly a ringing endorsement then. I think we will stick with the ones most recommended on here.

BTW - I didn't get a free balloon. So I am definitely going to shun them (unless I win their prize draw) Fickle or what?!

mr mover Mar 24th 2005 10:07 am

we have had a couple of jobs from , seem ok,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :beer: mm

numbers Mar 24th 2005 11:03 am

Not exactly a ringing endorsement then. I think we will stick with the ones most recommended on here.

BTW - I didn't get a free balloon. So I am definitely going to shun them (unless I win their prize draw) Fickle or what?!

Worzel, which ones are most recommended? as you refer too?

Cheers Tony

worzel Mar 24th 2005 11:18 am

Originally Posted by tonyclark
Worzel, which ones are most recommended? as you refer too?

Cheers Tony

Hi Tony

There are loads of threads if you do a search but I seem to remember PSS being one of the best. John Mason seem good too. Anglo Pacific are often referred to on here as ***** ******** and Allied Pickfords have had a few harsh words said about them too (but as they are so big that may because lots of people have used them)