Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

anyone on the Upper North Shore-Sydney

anyone on the Upper North Shore-Sydney

Old Dec 4th 2010, 7:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: anyone on the Upper North Shore-Sydney

Anyone free on 7th Dec in St Ives?? Hoping to have coffee/chocolate at Max Brenner's or similar, as I can't make the following week. Let me know.
Old Dec 6th 2010, 7:41 am
Just Joined

Dimples01 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Caroline
I am free tomorrow if you still want to meet

Clare
Old Dec 18th 2010, 8:34 am
Just Joined

molesey will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Am111
Hi there,

We are looking to come over in January 2011 and have 3 children aged 9,9 and 4. My husband has been offered a job in Gosford and we can't decide where is best to live- Upper North Shore of Sydney or along the Central Coast.
If upper North shore, then needs to be around the train stations no further south than epping and as far as Hornsby(anywhere within 5k of the stations so his commute is no more than 1 hour). I would be working in Ryde if we live in Sydney or Erina if we live on the CC.
We would like to be near the beach but I know this is not an option in Sydney but as long as there are parks and other things to do, we could enjoy the beach at the weekends.
The public schools seem a bit better in Sydney, so we would also have to go for a private school on the Coast and out initial plan was to just come out for 12-18 months and see how things progressed(on TR visa).
It seems most commute from CC to Sydney but not the other way around!
We just really want the children to settle in and enjoy our stay.

Which areas are nice?

Any advice or ideas?
Hi,
We arrived in Sydney 4years ago and still absolutely love it. We live in Mount Kuring-Gai, which has a great Primary School, lots of Childrens play areas and ovals, to play Footy in, etc. We are a 10min walk from the Station and it's a ten minute drive into Hornsby where there is a Westfield shopping centre, if you need to do some shopping or have a coffee.
There are some really nice surrounding suburbs such as, Berowra, Mount Colah, Asquith and they all have their own Stations and shops, so you woyuldn't feel in the middle of nowhere and it's not that far to the Central coast or to Ryde.
Wherever you decide to settle, i would seriously consider the Upper North Shore. There are some really lovely areas, lots of space, parks and it's very Child friendly.
I have a 9month old Son, so if you fancy a Coffee anytime, just shoot me an email. I hope that i've been of some help.
Good Luck in your search,
Claire.