Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone tried selling theirs, house that is

Anyone tried selling theirs, house that is

Old Mar 21st 2007, 6:07 pm
HUN skelper

magic.no7 has a brilliant futuremagic.no7 has a brilliant futuremagic.no7 has a brilliant futuremagic.no7 has a brilliant futuremagic.no7 has a brilliant futuremagic.no7 has a brilliant future
Default Anyone tried selling theirs, house that is

Has anyone sold or have experience selling their house themselves, weve had our house priced and its worth a bit more than we thought, good schools in the area apparently, but some agents want £5000 thats all our flights and haulage. We were going to throw up a sign and see how it goes. Just wondered are there any sites any of you have used.
Cheers All M&M
Old Mar 21st 2007, 6:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone tried selling theirs, house that is

I would definitely say give it a go yourself, agents are all thieves! (no offence to any agents on here!)
If you do a search you will find several recent threads on this topic, with recommendations etc. Good luck!
Old Mar 21st 2007, 6:45 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by magic.no7
Has anyone sold or have experience selling their house themselves, weve had our house priced and its worth a bit more than we thought, good schools in the area apparently, but some agents want £5000 thats all our flights and haulage. We were going to throw up a sign and see how it goes. Just wondered are there any sites any of you have used.
Cheers All M&M
There've been a few properties near us over the past year which have tried to sell privately or with Internet agents but none of them sold, and they all ended up with estate agents' boards going up.

We wish we had done it as our buyer found our house by driving round. Granted, it was the EA board which got her attention, but that could just as easily have been our own board. oh well.

Good luck with it.
Old Mar 21st 2007, 7:04 pm
Just enjoying being here

rebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud of

We're using Housenetwork which is only £199 + vat to go on the market and the same again if they sell the house - they take photos + arrange viewings but you have to do the viewings. They take photos have a great website with virtual tours etc and advertise on rightmove + other popular sites. We've bought a sign from them at £10 which has already attracted drive-bys.

I have allowed a local agent to bring people around but haven't signed up fully to them and wont let them advertise on the Internet - so far I'm really impressed by the people I have had around from Housenetwork - 3 2nd viewings compared to none so far from the estate agents. The feedback from Housenetwork is great and they are very easy to deal with.

I think they are worth a go for a little while at least especially if like us you stand to save over £5K in agency fees. Also using them has really reduced the fee I've arranged with the agent if they do sell rather than Housenetwork - nothing like a bit of competition!

I think you can try to sell completely yourself - we've tried listing on gumtree but I think lots of people are using the Internet to find places so using an Internet company is a good halfway house.
Old Mar 21st 2007, 7:26 pm
HUN skelper

magic.no7 has a brilliant futuremagic.no7 has a brilliant futuremagic.no7 has a brilliant futuremagic.no7 has a brilliant futuremagic.no7 has a brilliant futuremagic.no7 has a brilliant future

cheers esp your right they dont even wear a mask
herrchook I think I'll get a bright sign made, hey do you miss the wind that always seems to blow through Falkirk i bet not.
Cheers rebna, i've just checked one of them sites I think I will get a PAYG number and try it myself first hope to sell by June.
M&M
Old Mar 21st 2007, 8:01 pm
Just enjoying being here

rebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud of

I didn't realise you were from Scotland - by the sound of it houses are selling in days up there so I think I would do what you are doing in that case! Good Luck with it.

Rebecca
Old Mar 21st 2007, 9:01 pm
HUN skelper

Originally Posted by rebnatoli
I didn't realise you were from Scotland - by the sound of it houses are selling in days up there so I think I would do what you are doing in that case! Good Luck with it.

Rebecca
Ive many friends in Scotland and visit there often but Im in the west midlands sadly but they do sell quite quickly where I am. Thanks again M&M