Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone travel SOR Perth - CBD Perth daily?

Wikiposts

Anyone travel SOR Perth - CBD Perth daily?

Old Nov 18th 2006, 12:23 am
BE Enthusiast

leigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud of
Default Anyone travel SOR Perth - CBD Perth daily?

We are moving to Perth in January, currently looking for a short term rental for when we arrive. Like a few SOR - Rockingham area, Shoalwater, Safety Bay, etc.
OH has a job in CBD in the City. Realise this journey would roughly take him 45mins to a hour traveling by car but how difficult is it to get there every morning from the areas I've mentioned, if he doesn't have a car straight away?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Leigh
Old Nov 18th 2006, 12:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone travel SOR Perth - CBD Perth daily?

Originally Posted by leigh&ivan
We are moving to Perth in January, currently looking for a short term rental for when we arrive. Like a few SOR - Rockingham area, Shoalwater, Safety Bay, etc.
OH has a job in CBD in the City. Realise this journey would roughly take him 45mins to a hour traveling by car but how difficult is it to get there every morning from the areas I've mentioned, if he doesn't have a car straight away?

Leigh
I do remember doing it in a dodgy Falcon wagon with a dodgier clutch/gearbox to a truck driving school SOR from Northbridge. I only bought the car to get myself to the school and sold it a week later! It was OK at good times, but bad in rush hour.
Old Nov 18th 2006, 1:20 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Leigh
www.transperth.com.au

it has a route planner on the left hand side of the home page. we found this very useful.
Old Nov 18th 2006, 1:41 am
Forum Regular

nomayaja has a spectacular aura aboutnomayaja has a spectacular aura aboutnomayaja has a spectacular aura about

Leigh
Hi Leigh

We are currently living in Rockingham and I work in Perth and take the bus. It takes about 1 hour and 15 minutes in morning traffic. I haven't got through so many books in my life! Once in Perth there is the free cat bus which drops you off to different areas in the city. If you have any questions please feel free to ask.
Cheers
Marina
Old Nov 18th 2006, 3:49 am
BE Enthusiast

leigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by northernbird
www.transperth.com.au

it has a route planner on the left hand side of the home page. we found this very useful.
That's really good! Thanks for that.
leigh

Originally Posted by nomayaja
Hi Leigh

We are currently living in Rockingham and I work in Perth and take the bus. It takes about 1 hour and 15 minutes in morning traffic. I haven't got through so many books in my life! Once in Perth there is the free cat bus which drops you off to different areas in the city. If you have any questions please feel free to ask.
Cheers
Marina
Thanks Marina, I heard they were building a rail line going through Rockingham? Any idea when this will be complete?

Leigh
Old Nov 18th 2006, 12:38 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

That's really good! Thanks for that.
leigh

Thanks Marina, I heard they were building a rail line going through Rockingham? Any idea when this will be complete?

Leigh

http://www.newmetrorail.wa.gov.au/

plenty of info about the new line.