Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone in Thirroul?

Anyone in Thirroul?

Old Sep 28th 2008, 6:55 am
Just Joined

janetofoz is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Anyone in Thirroul?

Been here just over 2 years with husband and 17 year old son who has just left school. Am working locally 3 days a week but would love to meet any other middle aged pommie ladies lol in the area for coffee (or wine). Are there any book clubs or anything where I can meet other 50 years olds who still feel 35? Would love to hear from you.
Old Sep 29th 2008, 10:07 pm
Forum Regular

carzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud of
Default Re: Anyone in Thirroul?

Hiya,

I'm 35 but sometimes feel 50, does that count LOL?

I stay in Woonona, my daughter is at school during the week and I only work two days. I'd love to come through to Thirroul to meet up for a coffee, it looks like there are some nice cafes there but I haven't tried any of them yet.

Caroline
Old Sep 30th 2008, 12:23 pm
Just Joined

Hi Caroline - good to hear from you - would love to meet up - I work Mon/Tues/Wed - are you free to meet at Gloria Jean's on Friday 3/10 at say 11am? (Is on Lawrence Hargrave Dr on right hand side before Anita's theatre)

Janet
Old Oct 1st 2008, 7:46 am
Forum Regular

carzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by janetofoz
Hi Caroline - good to hear from you - would love to meet up - I work Mon/Tues/Wed - are you free to meet at Gloria Jean's on Friday 3/10 at say 11am? (Is on Lawrence Hargrave Dr on right hand side before Anita's theatre)

Janet
Gloria Jeans on a Friday sounds good and ties in with my work, 11am is fine but we have school hols and visitors - my first free Friday is 24/10. I hope that isn't too far off, would you like to meet up then?

Caroline
Old Oct 1st 2008, 11:49 am
Just Joined

Hi Caroline - sounds good - will look forward to meeting you on the 24th - will just see you there - hopefully there wont be many people in and we will work out who's who lol.

Janet
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 6:43 am
Forum Regular

Hi Caroline - sounds good - will look forward to meeting you on the 24th - will just see you there - hopefully there wont be many people in and we will work out who's who lol.

Janet
Great, I'll look forward to it and I'll PM you my moby just incase there's any change on the day.

Caroline
Old Oct 7th 2008, 2:18 am
Just Joined

JAZinOZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Anyone in Thirroul?

Been here just over 2 years with husband and 17 year old son who has just left school. Am working locally 3 days a week but would love to meet any other middle aged pommie ladies lol in the area for coffee (or wine). Are there any book clubs or anything where I can meet other 50 years olds who still feel 35? Would love to hear from you.
Hi Janet,

I'm new to all this, in fact this is my first post! I'm a 38 year old mum of a very active 3 year old and we have been here for nearly a year... anyway, I won't be able to meet up for a coffee as I'll have my son, but I just wanted to let you know that there are bookclubs around - Wollongong, Corrimal, Thirroul etc... visit the Wollongong website for details www.wollongong.nsw.gov.au/library/bookclubs

Hope this helps?

Hope to 'bump' into you soon and I'll keep on the lookout for any other expat meetups in the area
Old Oct 9th 2008, 9:16 pm
Just Joined

theresansw is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Janet,

My name is Theresa, I live in Woonona. Moved here 6 mths ago with my family, husband and two daughters (14 and 9). Previously lived in WA for 18 months having left the UK Sept 2006. I'm 41 but wish I was 25 and would love to meet up for coffee some time.

Theresa
Old Oct 9th 2008, 10:03 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Theresa,

I've been in Woonona 6 months too, we could be neighbours! I was wondering if your daughter went to the same school as my daughter who is 7. Are you coming for coffee on the 24th?

Caroline
Old Oct 10th 2008, 3:22 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by theresansw
Hello Janet,

My name is Theresa, I live in Woonona. Moved here 6 mths ago with my family, husband and two daughters (14 and 9). Previously lived in WA for 18 months having left the UK Sept 2006. I'm 41 but wish I was 25 and would love to meet up for coffee some time.

Theresa
Hi Theresa - great to hear from you - great Caroline got in touch too - are you free to meet with us on the 24th at Gloria Jeans in Thirroul? Hope so.

Janet
Old Oct 10th 2008, 6:26 am
Just Joined

Hello Janet,

Theresa
Hi Caroline & Janet, good to hear from you both, yes I would love to join you for coffee, it's a date! C U there. I will Pm you both my mobile & email.
Old Oct 10th 2008, 6:27 am
Just Joined

Hi Theresa - great to hear from you - great Caroline got in touch too - are you free to meet with us on the 24th at Gloria Jeans in Thirroul? Hope so.

Janet
HI Caroline & Janet, good to ehar from you both, yes I would love to join you for coffee, it's a date. C U there. I will Pm you both my mobile & email.
Old Oct 13th 2008, 12:13 am
Forum Regular

HI Caroline & Janet, good to ehar from you both, yes I would love to join you for coffee, it's a date. C U there. I will Pm you both my mobile & email.
11am, Have Pm'd you with my moby too,

see you soon,

C
Old Oct 21st 2008, 9:00 am
Forum Regular

Location: Colchester, Essex but hope to head to Bulli / Thirroul area.....
Bubsblooms is just really niceBubsblooms is just really niceBubsblooms is just really niceBubsblooms is just really niceBubsblooms is just really niceBubsblooms is just really niceBubsblooms is just really niceBubsblooms is just really niceBubsblooms is just really niceBubsblooms is just really niceBubsblooms is just really nice

Originally Posted by JAZinOZ
Hi Janet,

I'm new to all this, in fact this is my first post! I'm a 38 year old mum of a very active 3 year old and we have been here for nearly a year... anyway, I won't be able to meet up for a coffee as I'll have my son, but I just wanted to let you know that there are bookclubs around - Wollongong, Corrimal, Thirroul etc... visit the Wollongong website for details www.wollongong.nsw.gov.au/library/bookclubs

Hope this helps?

Hope to 'bump' into you soon and I'll keep on the lookout for any other expat meetups in the area

Hi there, I am not really able to meet still being in wet, miserable Essex but wondered if i could ask a few questions???? I am 38, mother of 2 girls aged 4 and 3. We are planning the move back out there having spent 4 years in the Cronulla area until our move back here in 2005. I am not too familiar with Thirroul/ Bulli area but we have made the decision to move that way - can you tell me what schools etc and leisure facilities are like for smaller children? Any personal insight would be great - I don't want to go back to the Cronulla region (too $$$$) but familiarity seems to make you feel more secure doesn't it?? I hope you are enjoying life that way - I have very fond memories of camping trips at Bulli
Many thanks for any comments you might have - sorry to steal this tread.....
Emma
Old Oct 21st 2008, 10:44 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Emma,

I think it's a great place for kids, you're never more than a walk away from the many beaches, the cycle path runs all the way along the coast, there is a good playpark in Bulli, Thirroul and Woonona. There's an indoor play area close by at Fairy Meadow and a big one in Wollongong. I'm happy with the school in Woonona and I haven't heard any bad reports of any of the local primaries. There's a child care facility in Woonona, not sure about anywhere else. There's a swim school at Woonona and one in Bulli, an outdoor pool close by in Corrimal with a toddler pool, a library in Bulli, tennis courts in Bulli. I haven't been anywhere else but I think this is a good area for kids and the parks are good places to meet other mums.

Caroline

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.