Reload this Page >

Anyone taken their dogs to NZ

Wikiposts

Anyone taken their dogs to NZ

Old Aug 21st 2003, 10:17 am
Forum Regular

Copperben is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone taken their dogs to NZ

Has anyone flown their dog over to NZ - if so which way did you go? What airline? and how did your dog deal with the journey?

thanxs
Old Aug 21st 2003, 10:47 am
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

We are actually going to Oz, but we are taking the dog with us.
We were recommended Golden Arrow Shippers, Lydbury North, Shropshire, SY7 8DY.
Telephone 01 588 680 240
We have found then to be really helpful.
If you give them a ring, they will explain what you have to do, and will send you some information.
People on this forum have found them very good.
We have a Jack Russell Terrier
We were quoted £951 which was a bit lower than our quote from Airpets.

Whisky
Old Aug 21st 2003, 10:56 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Whiskey

Will look into that, be interested in hearing how you got on when you get to Oz - keep me posted!

Mine is also a Jack Russell cross whom I rescued and is very nervous/clingy - at the moment he is with my parents so I am weighing up the pro's and cons of bringing him over. They are happy to keep him but I would like to bring him over when I am settled (hopefully in the New Year).
Old Aug 21st 2003, 1:40 pm
farmer nr Queenstown NZ

deedee is on a distinguished road

yeah,we flew our sheep dog with Air NZ....used a mad couple in Derbyshire to arrange it.Bit over kill,but he got here safe and sound no worse for wear.However,when we got off the plane at Auckland i went straight to the customs bit to collect him and had no monies...you have to pay a small charge for paperwork that no one told us about!!!Then,he walked with me back to the airport terminal like an obedient working dog does only to get told off by the police for having a dog on the airport grounds I told the officer we had,and the dog had,just got off the flight from the UK....he said go put him in your car,but we didnt have one.....so he said go hide in the corner round there and i'll say i never saw you as its a big fine and you dog gets impounded if your caught on the airport grounds.Anyhow,would recommend it as its not too bad a flight for the dog...beats economy class anyday.
I could probably find the names of who organised it all if you need some help
Old Aug 21st 2003, 4:43 pm
Forum Regular

xpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nice
Default Re: Anyone taken their dogs to NZ

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Copperben Just to let you know, we also used Golden Arrow ( to move our cat to Auckland) and would thoughrely recommend them.
After ringing numerous companies they really stood out as knowing their stuff and also caring for the animals wellfare
Old Aug 21st 2003, 5:12 pm
Just Joined

wotwots is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Copperben,
We have just emigrated with our dog to NZ and she also travelled with us around the north and south islands for 6 weeks.
We used Par Air Livestock and shipping services in Colchester - bit of a trek as we were in Sheffield but worth every penny and were very efficient re vaccinations and flights etc.
email: [email protected]
Our dog flew onto us a week later than we did so she had all her final tests in the kennels whcih made life easy also we made sure we had somewhere to stay and a car!!!
Old Aug 21st 2003, 6:47 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Wotwots

Which way did your dog fly? Was he/she stressed after the flight?
Old Aug 21st 2003, 7:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Copperben
Thanks Whiskey

Will look into that, be interested in hearing how you got on when you get to Oz - keep me posted!

Mine is also a Jack Russell cross whom I rescued and is very nervous/clingy - at the moment he is with my parents so I am weighing up the pro's and cons of bringing him over. They are happy to keep him but I would like to bring him over when I am settled (hopefully in the New Year).

Our Jack Russell is also a rescue dog, and was also very nervous when we had her. I also worried about taking her, but after being recommended to Golden Arrow, and speaking to them there, they knew their stuff, and I know that she will be fine.
Infact, she is more ready now, than we are. Vaccinations, Microchip etc. It isn't complicated at all. When you ring them for a quote, all they will need to know is her measurements. Length from nose to tail, standing, and height when sitting in upright position.
Whisky
Old Aug 21st 2003, 7:10 pm
farmer nr Queenstown NZ

Originally posted by wotwots
Hi Copperben,
We have just emigrated with our dog to NZ and she also travelled with us around the north and south islands for 6 weeks.
We used Par Air Livestock and shipping services in Colchester - bit of a trek as we were in Sheffield but worth every penny and were very efficient re vaccinations and flights etc.
email: [email protected]
Our dog flew onto us a week later than we did so she had all her final tests in the kennels whcih made life easy also we made sure we had somewhere to stay and a car!!!

hehehe,we did no planning what so ever,just came here with a small rucksack,the dog and a fist full of dollars.The joys of been young,carefree and up for a bit of adventure.Still counting my lucky stars after 16 months ish,NZ is "FOR US,WILF,IF YOUR READING THIS" the best place on earth and we're not leaving unless we're deported
Old Aug 21st 2003, 7:12 pm
NZ In Jan (Please!)

sandypandy is an unknown quantity at this point

NZ is going to be overun with Jack Russells-we've got two that are coming with us!!

Sandra
Old Aug 24th 2003, 1:15 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for your info - feel a lot happier about bringing him over - just got to get him back off my parents now!! They have fallen in love with his cheeky charms!!

We could start an expats jack russell club next!
Old Aug 24th 2003, 7:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Glad to have been a bit of help.

Whisky
Old Aug 24th 2003, 8:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

abergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud of

Originally posted by deedee
yeah,we flew our sheep dog with Air NZ....used a mad couple in Derbyshire to arrange it.Bit over kill,but he got here safe and sound no worse for wear.However,when we got off the plane at Auckland i went straight to the customs bit to collect him and had no monies...you have to pay a small charge for paperwork that no one told us about!!!Then,he walked with me back to the airport terminal like an obedient working dog does only to get told off by the police for having a dog on the airport grounds I told the officer we had,and the dog had,just got off the flight from the UK....he said go put him in your car,but we didnt have one.....so he said go hide in the corner round there and i'll say i never saw you as its a big fine and you dog gets impounded if your caught on the airport grounds.Anyhow,would recommend it as its not too bad a flight for the dog...beats economy class anyday.
I could probably find the names of who organised it all if you need some help

Just wondered
Do dogs have to go into quarantine when they arrive in NZ?
Old Aug 24th 2003, 8:47 pm
Forum Regular

firing1 is an unknown quantity at this point

We brought two crazy cavalier king charles spaniels out with us to tauranga nz and also used golden arrow shippers. They were fine when they arrived and flew via australia. We filmed them as we were involved in the bbc program "get a new life" and it was a shame they didn't use the footage as it would have been a big help for people bringing their dogs. They love nz lots of runs on the beach!!!
Old Aug 25th 2003, 9:38 am
farmer nr Queenstown NZ

Originally posted by abergas
Just wondered
Do dogs have to go into quarantine when they arrive in NZ?
No,not if they have had all their tests and are microchipped.Its a little bit awkward but its far better than quarentine.MAF require you to have an address as they randomly select dogs that have flown in to test again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.