Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone taken their car to Australia???

Anyone taken their car to Australia???

Old Feb 3rd 2008, 6:39 pm
Forum Regular

kevwilson1982 will become famous soon enough
Default Anyone taken their car to Australia???

Im finally getting sponsored to go to Australia but i see the car prices are very expensive, to buy a subaru like mine, i would have to pay double!!

Can anyone tell me how much it costs to send it to Australia from the uk??
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 6:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

gerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to all
Default Re: Anyone taken their car to Australia???

hi i looked into this for my subaru sti type r and uk rpices it was looking like about £4k!!

and then the car tests when it got there and all the checks i roughly worked it out looking at markets that it was gonna roughly cost me a little more to buy one in oz with same spec...

hope this helps??

i am gonna buy another subaru when i land and sell mine over here in the uk.

you can see my posts on perthwrxowners club about this.
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 9:24 pm
Forum Regular

Wilpurina is just really niceWilpurina is just really niceWilpurina is just really niceWilpurina is just really niceWilpurina is just really niceWilpurina is just really niceWilpurina is just really niceWilpurina is just really nice

We brought our car with us in the same container as our household contents -cheaper than shipping it on its own. We could only find one company that would load it into the container at our house rather than us driving it to the docks and they were great - www.evl.co.uk (this saves the car getting dirty before loading it). You need to do your research on the customs charges and what would need to be done to make it comply to Oz road regs - don't know where you are heading, but the regs probably differ from state to state.
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 9:35 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kevwilson1982

Im finally getting sponsored to go to Australia but i see the car prices are very expensive, to buy a subaru like mine, i would have to pay double!!

Can anyone tell me how much it costs to send it to Australia from the uk??
New cars are generally cheaper.

Dont ship your car here !!! It really is not worth it, been there done that !
Old Feb 4th 2008, 12:36 am
Forum Regular

Phil K is a jewel in the roughPhil K is a jewel in the roughPhil K is a jewel in the roughPhil K is a jewel in the rough

I find it a bit strange that there are quite a few Subaru Impreza owners that are heading to Oz (me included) & I would have loved to take my STI but I think the cost is just too high.

All the best

Phil K