Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone in Surrey/Hampshire?

Anyone in Surrey/Hampshire?

Old Mar 22nd 2007, 10:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Anyone in Surrey/Hampshire?

Originally Posted by datamile
So are we all wearing carnations ? or just looking for people looking for other people
Mmm good question!
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 11:44 pm
Pam
Forum Regular

Pam is a jewel in the roughPam is a jewel in the roughPam is a jewel in the roughPam is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by datamile
So are we all wearing carnations ? or just looking for people looking for other people
Don't you think cork hats would be more appropriate!
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 9:12 am
Forum Regular

Susi_Ash will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by john& becky
1. John& Becky (John, Becky, Tom 11, Sam 8)
2. Pam (with OH, daughter 9, son 6, brother and sister-in-law and 3 nieces - yes we're all off to Oz!)
3. Fluffythecampfireslayer
4. KerEng (Kerry)
5. Datamile+rebnatoli - Rebecca, Ian, Natasha 8, Oliver 6
6. Ws99:
7. Hunt 66: Claire, Dave and Sam age 8
8. GinaUK (Gina and Neil)
9. 4Reids (Tasha, Pete, Lewis-7? & Leighton-4?)
10. emmo (Debbie, Steve, Sam 14 months)
11. Nelboy (Neil, Ali, Joe 7 and Jaques 5)
12. Susi & Ash (and Lucas 3, Caitlin 1.5)

IF my flu leaves me well enough alone to make the trip.
would be nice though to meet 'fellow ozzers'

did anyone mention a time? or 'lunch' (ish)

Susi
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 9:18 am
BE Enthusiast

4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light

These are the details Susi. We're meeting at 3pm. Hope you're feeling better and we see you there.

2. Pam (with OH, daughter 9, son 6, brother and sister-in-law and 3 nieces - yes we're all off to Oz!)
3. Fluffythecampfireslayer
4. KerEng (Kerry)
5. Datamile+rebnatoli - Rebecca, Ian, Natasha 8, Oliver 6
6. Ws99:
7. Hunt 66: Claire, Dave and Sam age 8
8. GinaUK (Gina and Neil)
9. 4Reids (Tasha, Pete, Lewis-7? & Leighton-4?)
10. emmo (Debbie, Steve, Sam 14 months)
11. Nelboy (Neil, Ali, Joe 7 and Jaques 5)
12. Susi & Ash (and Lucas 3, Caitlin 1.5)

Address and directions
Brewers Fayre
Parkway, Guildford, Surrey GU1 1UP
Telephone 01483 450608

Directions: At junction of the A320 Woking Road, and Parkway, adjacent to Guildford Spectrum Sports & Leisure Centre.

If you go to the Brewers Fayre web site: http://www.brewersfayre.co.uk/ and then put the post code (GU1 1UP) into the restaurant locator, it comes up with a link to a map.
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 10:39 am
Forum Regular

emmo is just really niceemmo is just really niceemmo is just really niceemmo is just really niceemmo is just really niceemmo is just really niceemmo is just really niceemmo is just really niceemmo is just really nice

Hi all

Still really hope to make it, my little boy Sam and I are both really poorly with colds, chest infections etc, has been a few days now so hopefully it will go before Sunday! Would be very sad to miss it as I've been really looking forward to meeting everyone, put faces to names, comparing stories etc.

Will make a decision tomorrow and let you all know if we are coming so that you know we're not wandering around trying to find you!

Deb x
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 11:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by emmo
Hi all

Still really hope to make it, my little boy Sam and I are both really poorly with colds, chest infections etc, has been a few days now so hopefully it will go before Sunday! Would be very sad to miss it as I've been really looking forward to meeting everyone, put faces to names, comparing stories etc.

Will make a decision tomorrow and let you all know if we are coming so that you know we're not wandering around trying to find you!

Deb x
Hi Deb,

I hope you're both well by Sunday . Was looking forward to meeting you as you're another January applicant like us (although we STILL haven't got our CO ). Hopefully see you there.

Tasha x
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 12:19 pm
Forum Regular

emmo is just really niceemmo is just really niceemmo is just really niceemmo is just really niceemmo is just really niceemmo is just really niceemmo is just really niceemmo is just really niceemmo is just really nice

Originally Posted by 4Reids
Hi Deb,

I hope you're both well by Sunday . Was looking forward to meeting you as you're another January applicant like us (although we STILL haven't got our CO ). Hopefully see you there.

Tasha x
Thanks Tasha,

Yes, been ill for a few days now, I've hardly had the energy to post any messages. But I've been checking for news from you every day, I hope you hear something soon x
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 6:13 pm
Forum Regular

mickandtrace is an unknown quantity at this point

We could get there about an hour earlier and try my charms to get an area for us all, but not knowing the pub exactly, I suppose any area that can accommodate us all will be fine!!!! How does that sound to everyone.
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 6:18 pm
Just Joined

KerEng is an unknown quantity at this point

Are people planning on eating, or just meeting for a drink? If eating, might be worth calling the Brewer's Fayre and asking for the manager - they may be persuaded into letting us use the other area previously mentioned that's for group events (if it's not already booked of course) - apologies if that's already been tried. I'd call, but I've also come down with the pesky flu-like thing and doubt they'd understand me on the phone between my 'coughing up a lung' fits.

Kerry
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 7:19 pm

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

Can you take our name off of the list please? Neither of us are feeling too great either! Bloody colds! Also a bit put off by the fact that the number of kids going almost outweigh the number of non-kids. No offence meant, but we're not really 'kiddie' people!!

Have a great time people!
Old Mar 24th 2007, 4:59 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer
Can you take our name off of the list please? Neither of us are feeling too great either! Bloody colds! Also a bit put off by the fact that the number of kids going almost outweigh the number of non-kids. No offence meant, but we're not really 'kiddie' people!!

Have a great time people!
Just a heads up that I might not be able to make it tomorrow - my cold has gone into my chest and since I'm asthmatic, I need to take it easy. Will see how I feel in the morning and post my final decision. Really, really want to go and meet you all.

Kerry
Old Mar 24th 2007, 5:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Heres an up to date list. We're happy to eat or not, whatever everyone else is doing.

3. KerEng (Kerry)
4. Datamile+rebnatoli - Rebecca, Ian, Natasha 8, Oliver 6
5. Ws99:
6. Hunt 66: Claire, Dave and Sam age 8
7. GinaUK (Gina and Neil)
8. 4Reids (Tasha, Pete, Lewis-7)
9. emmo (Debbie, Steve, Sam 14 months)
10. Nelboy (Neil, Ali, Joe 7 and Jaques 5)
11. Susi & Ash (and Lucas 3, Caitlin 1.5)

Kerry, hope you can make it. See you all there tomorrow.

Tasha x
Old Mar 24th 2007, 5:10 pm
DownUnder

datamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 4Reids
Heres an up to date list. We're happy to eat or not, whatever everyone else is doing.

3. KerEng (Kerry)
4. Datamile+rebnatoli - Rebecca, Ian, Natasha 8, Oliver 6
5. Ws99:
6. Hunt 66: Claire, Dave and Sam age 8
7. GinaUK (Gina and Neil)
8. 4Reids (Tasha, Pete, Lewis-7)
9. emmo (Debbie, Steve, Sam 14 months)
10. Nelboy (Neil, Ali, Joe 7 and Jaques 5)
11. Susi & Ash (and Lucas 3, Caitlin 1.5)

Kerry, hope you can make it. See you all there tomorrow.

Tasha x
Should there sometime between 2 and 3... Off to the kia garage in aldershot first to see some possible 4x4 for oz

Got two offers on the house today.... so a lot less stressed than 24 hours ago.

71 days, or 10 weeks and 1 day until we are on that plane with one way tickets
Old Mar 25th 2007, 8:36 am
Forum Regular

Hi all

I'm afraid we won't make it today, nasty chest infections still not gone away and our 15 month old has been up since 4.30am with his cough.

Hope you all have lots of fun today and look forward to hearing all about it later.

Deb x
Old Mar 25th 2007, 10:54 am
Just Joined

Another one here who won't make it I'm afraid I had another 10 hours sleep last night, but still not really fit enough to make the drive. I'm really disappointed to miss out, but look forward to reading all about it later

Kerry

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.