Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone STNI - Victoria??

Anyone STNI - Victoria??

Old Mar 3rd 2005, 9:48 am
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Anyone STNI - Victoria??

We are awaiting result of TRA but in the meantime would like to get ready to apply for STNI Victoria when the time comes. Anyone know what docs/evidence/whatever we need to send off with application to Victoria? Basically, I'm climbing the walls waiting to hear back on TRA so need something to occupy my mind before i lose it completely!
Old Mar 3rd 2005, 10:22 am
BE Enthusiast

andy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant future
Default Re: Anyone STNI - Victoria??

Originally Posted by Rooksie
We are awaiting result of TRA but in the meantime would like to get ready to apply for STNI Victoria when the time comes. Anyone know what docs/evidence/whatever we need to send off with application to Victoria? Basically, I'm climbing the walls waiting to hear back on TRA so need something to occupy my mind before i lose it completely!
Applications for STNI to Victoria are dealt with by the Skilled Migration Unit in Melbourne. Unlike DIMIA they are very approachable. Here is their website.
http://www.liveinvictoria.vic.gov.au/
Feel free to give them a ring if you have any questions. I came out here on STNI, whole process only took 18 weeks from submitting TRA to getting Visa so you shoudn't have to wait too long.

Andy
Old Mar 3rd 2005, 10:35 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by andy thomas
Applications for STNI to Victoria are dealt with by the Skilled Migration Unit in Melbourne. Unlike DIMIA they are very approachable. Here is their website.
Feel free to give them a ring if you have any questions. I came out here on STNI, whole process only took 18 weeks from submitting TRA to getting Visa so you shoudn't have to wait too long.

Andy
Bl**dy hell - only 18 weeks. Jeeeez I wish.

what is your trade. we have applied under husband's trade as a plumber. been 5 weeks since we submitted TRA and im climbing the walls.

i have a mate in Coffs who has sent me some encouraging links and ive just posted them just. fingers crossed eh.

how are you liking Mornington - we are looking there also but seems light years away yet......
Old Mar 3rd 2005, 10:41 am
BE Enthusiast

andy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant future

Bl**dy hell - only 18 weeks. Jeeeez I wish.

what is your trade. we have applied under husband's trade as a plumber. been 5 weeks since we submitted TRA and im climbing the walls.

i have a mate in Coffs who has sent me some encouraging links and ive just posted them just. fingers crossed eh.

how are you liking Mornington - we are looking there also but seems light years away yet......
I waited 6 weeks for TRA then everything went really quick, especially as I put in the full application to DIMIA on 15 Dec just before they shut for xmas and new year, visa was granted 26 Feb. I am a carpenter by trade. The Mornington Peninsula is great, countryside by the sea and great weather. What more could you want. Plenty of work for tradies as well.
Old Mar 3rd 2005, 10:44 am
Account Closed

I waited 6 weeks for TRA then everything went really quick, especially as I put in the full application to DIMIA on 15 Dec just before they shut for xmas and new year, visa was granted 26 Feb. I am a carpenter by trade. The Mornington Peninsula is great, countryside by the sea and great weather. What more could you want. Plenty of work for tradies as well.

God how lucky are you!!!???? i could certainly do with some of that.

according to ABC News and The Australian things are looking up for wanna be expats!!! im almost tempted to call the estate agent to put For Sale board up!!

your timeline has got to be the fastest i have seen!!

husband nervous about job front so i will let him know what you have said - many thanks
Old Mar 3rd 2005, 10:50 am
BE Enthusiast

God how lucky are you!!!???? i could certainly do with some of that.

according to ABC News and The Australian things are looking up for wanna be expats!!! im almost tempted to call the estate agent to put For Sale board up!!

your timeline has got to be the fastest i have seen!!

husband nervous about job front so i will let him know what you have said - many thanks

Have sent you a pm.

Andy
Old Mar 3rd 2005, 11:47 am
Never been to Australia

kevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond repute

You can apply for STNI from Victoria before you get your TRA, we did.
You then have 6 months from the day it is granted to let them have your case number.
Ours has gone over the 6 months so they gave us an extension.

Simple to apply for:
Short form ( just think the questions through carefully)
Copies of qualifications and CV.

They are very approachable and happy for you to contact them.
My job is on the MODL at the moment so we may not need the STNI anyway.

Kevin
Old Mar 3rd 2005, 11:49 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by kevinl
You can apply for STNI from Victoria before you get your TRA, we did.
You then have 6 months from the day it is granted to let them have your case number.
Ours has gone over the 6 months so they gave us an extension.

Simple to apply for:
Short form ( just think the questions through carefully)
Copies of qualifications and CV.

They are very approachable and happy for you to contact them.
My job is on the MODL at the moment so we may not need the STNI anyway.

Kevin
sent you PM
Old Mar 3rd 2005, 3:38 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

That sounds interesting. I'm a plumber also and you paint a very pretty picture of domestic bliss mixed with good work opportunitys.
Old Mar 3rd 2005, 3:49 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Andy
Hi Andy

Hows it going glad to hear theres still plenty of work.

I pm'd you a couple of months ago re carpenter joiner work ?? if you remember.

18 weeks cannot believe it wow, my other half is a carpenter we have be approved STNI from Tasmania, our visa app was lodged 25th Feb. our agent has told us it will be 4-6 months before we get the visa and we thought this was quick!!

Kay
Old Mar 3rd 2005, 4:14 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by fraser
That sounds interesting. I'm a plumber also and you paint a very pretty picture of domestic bliss mixed with good work opportunitys.

we spoke to andy on the phone today - he is falling over work and gave us hope in a big way!!

we are off to sandown in a few weeks as we are told there is a big job exhibition this time.
Old Mar 3rd 2005, 4:20 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

we spoke to andy on the phone today - he is falling over work and gave us hope in a big way!!

we are off to sandown in a few weeks as we are told there is a big job exhibition this time.
That's handy always good for your peace of mind
Old Mar 3rd 2005, 4:50 pm
Account Closed

That's handy always good for your peace of mind

from your timeline sounds like youre well on your way - all this p***ing about waiting for bloody ever is driving us barmy!! weve gone from one bottle of wine a night to 4!!! *hic*
Old Mar 3rd 2005, 4:52 pm

from your timeline sounds like youre well on your way - all this p***ing about waiting for bloody ever is driving us barmy!! weve gone from one bottle of wine a night to 4!!! *hic*

To be honest with you I'm not quite sure what to be stressed out the most about. The visa, finding somewhere to live and work when we get there or selling the house
Old Mar 3rd 2005, 5:12 pm
Account Closed

To be honest with you I'm not quite sure what to be stressed out the most about. The visa, finding somewhere to live and work when we get there or selling the house

try all of them, works for me!!! :scared:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.