British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   anyone sold their house privately in uk? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/anyone-sold-their-house-privately-uk-334666/)

CJN Nov 1st 2005 11:22 am

Re: anyone sold their house privately in uk?

Originally Posted by Three Legs
We have ... luckily enough :)

£290K.

The commission in that would have made a parasitical agent VERY happy.

;)

Three Legs

We used an agent but could have sold without (as it turns out).

Someone who lives about 150yds from our house saw the board go up outside our house & then arranged to view & then buiy the house.
Lesson for future... put your own DIY board up for a few weeks, then use an agent!!

Willij Nov 1st 2005 11:31 am

Originally Posted by kgray
we are debating whether or not to sell our house privately to save some dosh[ every bit helps!!!] we thought we might give it a go first and then under sufference resort to the estate agent route. has anyone sold on the net? can anyone recommend a firm to use on the net? any help would be much appreciated..... thanks :)
k

Hi,

I did 9 years ago (when there was a property slump as well) - via the Freeads newspaper (website is adtrader.co.uk).
Didn't know the buyers but whole thing went very smoothly.

When we get our visa, I will definitely be doing it again - will even try putting up our own For Sale board, which seems to have worked for other people in this area.

kgray Nov 2nd 2005 7:19 am

Originally Posted by Three Legs
We have ... luckily enough :)

£290K.

The commission in that would have made a parasitical agent VERY happy.

;)

Three Legs

i agree!!! did you advertise in the paper or on the net if so which net company did you use if you dont mind me asking?

Three Legs Nov 2nd 2005 7:33 am

We are slightly fortunate in that a family member is buying ours ...

It didn't even make the open market !

Originally Posted by kgray
i agree!!! did you advertise in the paper or on the net if so which net company did you use if you dont mind me asking?

kgray Nov 2nd 2005 7:37 am

Originally Posted by CJN
We used an agent but could have sold without (as it turns out).

Someone who lives about 150yds from our house saw the board go up outside our house & then arranged to view & then buiy the house.
Lesson for future... put your own DIY board up for a few weeks, then use an agent!!

same happened to my aunty put up the agents board and the next door neighbour bought it full asking price in 2 hours!! :D