Wikiposts

Anyone scared?

Old Mar 22nd 2005, 8:27 pm
Forum Regular

pazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to all
Default Re: Anyone scared?

A great thread !!

We haven't quite set the ball rolling yet, on emigration.
But saying that, we've booked up to go to three different places in Aussie; Brisbane, Gold Coast and Sydney (July), as it is the east coast that appeals to us.
We're using these three weeks as the most important weeks of our lives. They'll be spent looking for schools for the kids and suitable jobs for me and my wife. (not much fun for the kids, aged 6 & 10 eh! ).
So, to get back to to the thread....................We're quite nervous at the thought we'll absolutely love the place and come back home to tell everyone we're going to go for it... :scared: , so we're very pleased that we're not the only one's with a little apprehension. I thought you guy's on the forum were thick skinned or just super cool

paz.
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 8:33 pm
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Scared sh*tless about sums it up....

We go in 3 weeks.... :scared: ....and I have 10 million butterflies in my stomach.....
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 3:06 am
Forum Regular

Fuggle will become famous soon enoughFuggle will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Donnadownunder
Hi there everyone, my husband and I and the kids have done some really serious thinking and we believe that going to oz is the best thing for us. The trouble is I am feeling really scared about all sorts of things like saying goodbye to my family and friends to thew point that I feel sick when I think about it. Is this normal and if so, how on earth can you overcome it so we can get on and start our new lives downunder?

We are Brisbane bound, and I am absolutely cacking bricks! especially now our house is on the market, my horse is for sale, and we have to be in Oz by November to validate my spouse Visa!
The more it becomes a reality the more daunting it gets - But on the flipside its an opportunity, you only live once and its only (she says when she hates flying) a days flight away.

Emma
x
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 3:34 am
Forum Regular

Judes2308 is just really niceJudes2308 is just really niceJudes2308 is just really niceJudes2308 is just really niceJudes2308 is just really niceJudes2308 is just really niceJudes2308 is just really niceJudes2308 is just really niceJudes2308 is just really nice
Smile Re: Anyone scared?

Yeah, absolutely terrified about sums it up....but in equal measures really excited aswell. My 'to do' list is getting longer every day, and although it seems ages until we go in October there seems to be so much to do and it's absolutely daunting. Sometimes you think is it really worth it, but I just say to myself (and husband) how would you feel if this opportunity was suddenly taken away from you and we'd both be gutted.

Parents not taking it well at all, so every time I speak to them about it (which isn't often!) i get on a real downer. Someone earlier mentioned about feeling like you've rejected your parents, that's how I feel aswell.

But determined to do it anyway, and booked our flights yesterday so no going back now !!
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 3:37 am
BE Enthusiast

LIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond repute

No, Not Scared At All, A Little Mad Maybe But Definatley Not Scared, Bring It On, Sooooooooo Ready Soooooo Need To Be There,
Chuffing Frustrated Yes Big Time But Not Scared.

Libby
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 6:06 am
GC family day carer

68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute

I'm scared s**tless too, but at the end of the day you only get one crack at life and I don't want to live it regretting that I didn't go. My mum has finally accepted we're going, my dad-well I thought he was alright with it but he's not (they're divorced by the way) 2 of my brothers couldn't care less, 1 of my brothers is disabled and doesn't really understand how far we're gonna be and my other brother says "hurry up and go so I can visit and if I like it I might join you"
I do feel as guilty as hell though as I have a 3 year old daughter and it's my parents only grandchild, but as someone else already said, I'll get my mum a webcam, install it and teach her MSN messenger, my dads already got it.
I have to do it now, if it doesn't work out I can always come back.
Marie