Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone renting (or a landlord) in Perth?

Anyone renting (or a landlord) in Perth?

Old Feb 25th 2005, 6:56 am

NKSK is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone renting (or a landlord) in Perth?

Looking to rent a house from the end of May for at least one year. (More likely to be two).

Can anyone give me an idea of rental prices? (Real rentals as opposed to 'asking' rentals)

The usual - 4 bedrooms 2 baths. Pool would be nice but not absolutely essential.

Secondly, are there any obvious pitfalls? e.g. a price is quoted but then it becomes apparent that this price doesn't actually include the roof!

If anyone has landlord contacts I'd be pleased to hear from them (although I can't promise a decision over the net!)
Thanks
Old Feb 25th 2005, 7:32 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of
Default Re: Anyone renting (or a landlord) in Perth?

Hi,

try kirsty at prime.
she is really good, drop her an email and tell her I sent you

www.primerealty.com
Old Feb 25th 2005, 8:02 am
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NKSK
Looking to rent a house from the end of May for at least one year. (More likely to be two).

Can anyone give me an idea of rental prices? (Real rentals as opposed to 'asking' rentals)

The usual - 4 bedrooms 2 baths. Pool would be nice but not absolutely essential.

Secondly, are there any obvious pitfalls? e.g. a price is quoted but then it becomes apparent that this price doesn't actually include the roof!

If anyone has landlord contacts I'd be pleased to hear from them (although I can't promise a decision over the net!)
Thanks
The price will totally depend on where abouts you want to be, anything from about $250 per week to over $1K a week. Any ideas where you want to be? or how much you want(can) spend?

We rented through a agent called Mackhall based in Claremont when we rented for a year in Cottesloe, the lady we dealt with was called Kate Herbert, she was appaling, ive never dealt with someone so useless before, steer well clear of her if she crops up on your travels.

Steve
Old Feb 25th 2005, 9:15 am
Forum Regular

suecroft will become famous soon enoughsuecroft will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up Re: Anyone renting (or a landlord) in Perth?

Try www.pomsinperth.com for a short term rental when you get there, then look around at your leisure.
Agents I have spoken to all say its best to rent a property after you've looked at it , especially if your tying yourself in for a year.
If you took a 4 week short term then that gives you time to look around as soon as you get there.
Nige at pomsinperth is really helpful

Sue
Old Feb 25th 2005, 9:19 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

We rent via Key 2 Rentals.
They're a company that manage people's rental houses.

They're pretty slack (didn't get property report till weeks later, have had 1 inspection in 7 months(after 6 weeks), and the contract actually ran out at the end of January, and haven't heard anything )
But no major problems.. yet.
I don't really care about the contract. My friend says it's good, cause now we can move out with only 3 weeks notice(we're planning to buy soon).

We're renting a small, old, 2/3 bedroom house in Mount Hawthorn for $180. I think the fact that it's so small and old are why it's so cheap, as it is a very good neighbourhood, with house prices around 300000, 400000 and more.

Btw, you'll probably have trouble finding a rental with pool anyway, but it is possible if you look hard enough and are willing to pay heaps(if you want a decent suburb as well).

good luck

Old Feb 25th 2005, 9:52 am
Forum Regular

Location: ex-Lancashire, ex-Northern suburbs, Perth WA, now Switzerland
cyclemark has a spectacular aura aboutcyclemark has a spectacular aura aboutcyclemark has a spectacular aura about

Thanks
3x2 Woodvale, no pool $220 per week. No obvious pitfalls to look out for, except you'll most likely be on a 6 month minimum contract when you first rent. Only pitfall I can think off is incompetent property managers who need hassling to get anything done, but thats the same with anything really.
Oh, and rentals with pools are not common, also air con is the exception rather than the rule in our experience.
Old Feb 26th 2005, 12:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

As previously stated, we have no cause for any complaint with the service we received from our real estate manager.
If we ever had to ring to report a problem with our rental, she had it rectified within hours.

good luck
Old Feb 26th 2005, 4:00 pm
oneday someday

jas_uk is a jewel in the roughjas_uk is a jewel in the roughjas_uk is a jewel in the roughjas_uk is a jewel in the roughjas_uk is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by sj oldfield
Hi,

try kirsty at prime.
she is really good, drop her an email and tell her I sent you

www.primerealty.com

Just a correction, the site is actually http://www.primerealty.com.au/ the .com one refers to arizona..
Old Feb 27th 2005, 11:09 am

NKSK is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jas_uk
Just a correction, the site is actually http://www.primerealty.com.au/ the .com one refers to arizona..
Thanks for all the replies. I did spend a few idle minutes trawling through properties in Arizona. Couldn't recognise any of the suburbs mentioned! Eventually figured it out!
Old Feb 27th 2005, 4:17 pm
oneday someday

jas_uk is a jewel in the roughjas_uk is a jewel in the roughjas_uk is a jewel in the roughjas_uk is a jewel in the roughjas_uk is a jewel in the rough

Thanks for all the replies. I did spend a few idle minutes trawling through properties in Arizona. Couldn't recognise any of the suburbs mentioned! Eventually figured it out!
Hehe me too (wheres the vaguely embarrassed face like :$ on msn when you need it?)... then realised big writing on front page saying 'Arizona'...