Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone read this book on Australian Migration?

Wikiposts

Anyone read this book on Australian Migration?

Old Jul 17th 2004, 11:14 am
ACE
BE Forum Addict

ACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I read it and like many others I think you can get a greater quantity and more up to dtae information from this forum and other sites.

ACE
Old Jul 17th 2004, 5:21 pm
Forum Regular

jrsuk73 has a spectacular aura aboutjrsuk73 has a spectacular aura aboutjrsuk73 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Anyone read this book on Australian Migration?

Originally posted by 65 million
Hi all,

This book on ebay (see link below) is called : How to live and work in Australia. Has anyone read this before. Would appreciate some comments before I buy it.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MESE%3AIT&rd=1

many thanks,
65KK

HI I BROUGHT THE LATEST VERSION OF THE BOOK ABOUT A MONTH AGO ITS NOT TO BAD YOU CAN BUY LOADS OF GOOD BOOKS LIKE THIS FROM WATERSTONES BOOKSHOPS I THINK THEY ARE 3 FOR 2.AND ARE ABOUT £10 EACH BUT I FOUND IF YOU ASK THE RIGHT QUESTIONS ON HERE SOMEONE WILL TELL YOU WHAT IT IS YOU WANT TO KNOW?.
Old Jul 17th 2004, 7:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond repute

I got this one after lending the David Hampshire one from the library both quite similar, the one I bought is by the same author who wrote the getting a job book

The one I bought

Although I suppose they are all about the same

Old Jul 17th 2004, 8:08 pm
Just Joined

Kirsty R is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Helpful books!

Thought I'd add a book too!
I bought The Migrants Website Guide and The Migrants Guide to Emigrating and Settling in Australia both by WC Hampton. I,ve found them to be qutie useful, the website one in particular as it is up to date in the main i think!. Got them both through the Pomsdownunder.com site.
Kirsty
Old Jul 18th 2004, 12:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: To the world you are one person...to one person you may be the world
logan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nice

Originally posted by 65 million
Hi all,

This book on ebay (see link below) is called : How to live and work in Australia. Has anyone read this before. Would appreciate some comments before I buy it.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MESE%3AIT&rd=1

many thanks,
65KK

Hi. Other half bought "living and working in australia" 2nd edition by D. Hampshire, which we found quite informative, and "live and work in Australia and new zealand", revised and updated version, reprinted 2002. Both good reads and informative but as everyone knows rules and regulations change constantly, but the general info eg."daily life" chapters are interesting and another handy perspective I guess.

The second book has chapter headings as follows, if you want anything specific, let me know and I'll refer to the book's advice.

1. General intro.- geography climate getting there political structure
2. residence and entry regs. - temporary and permanent
3. setting up home -finance purchasing and conveyancing renting relocation insurance and wills utilities removals buying cars
4. daily life- education media cars and motoring transport tax health insurance crime and police social life shops food and wine
5. retirement
6.employment - sources of jobs aspects of employment short-term and permanent directory of major employers
7. starting a business

Old Jul 18th 2004, 3:23 am
BE Enthusiast

65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice

Cheers all. I may bid for it later this week. I contacted the seller and they said it was published in 1990, so its not new, new, but not to old either.

cheers,
65KK