Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone quitting Aus due to the high cost of living

Anyone quitting Aus due to the high cost of living

Old Jul 27th 2013, 11:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Mike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Anyone quitting Aus due to the high cost of living

I've just realised that John Nettles is not the main actor in Foyle's War and that Midsomer Murders is not the same show as Inspector Morse.

I don't know where Inspektor Rex fits into this.
Old Jul 27th 2013, 11:27 am
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
And bananas....don't forget the bananas.....
The taste of Australian chocolate too, and in particular the comparison between Cadburys of both countries.
Old Jul 27th 2013, 11:29 am
Not actually a squirrel

brissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond repute

I want to know what ever happened to all those up and coming young stars who used to appear in Tiger Beat magazine.

I mean, Vincent Van Patten. Him and the others. Them.
Old Jul 27th 2013, 11:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Mike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by roaringmouse
The taste of Australian chocolate too, and in particular the comparison between Cadburys of both countries.
I worked for Allen's Sweets in the 90s and have toured Cadburys as an incentive programme "reward". Apart from freezing my &rse off in Tas, I found out that it's all in the milk - UK milk is more "Jersey" and would be prohibitively expensive to source the same milk here.
Old Jul 27th 2013, 11:34 am
Not actually a squirrel

brissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mike at Taree
I worked for Allen's Sweets in the 90s and have toured Cadburys as an incentive programme "reward". Apart from freezing my &rse off in Tas, I found out that it's all in the milk - UK milk is more "Jersey" and would be prohibitively expensive to source the same milk here.
Do they use cows hooves for the gelatine in those sweets?
Old Jul 27th 2013, 11:35 am
Not actually a squirrel

Oh, by the way... I found Vincent.
Attached Thumbnails Anyone quitting Aus due to the high cost of living-tiger-beat.jpg  
Old Jul 27th 2013, 12:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by brissybee
Do they use cows hooves for the gelatine in those sweets?
It's an urban myth that gelatine is made out of hooves, it's made from hides. Same as McKenzies gelating for cooking. The gelatine used in Allens sweets is halal, so I guess the cows have their throats slit whilst facing Mecca. Enjoy your snakes and jelly beans.
Old Jul 27th 2013, 1:08 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

It's an urban myth that gelatine is made out of hooves, it's made from hides. Same as McKenzies gelating for cooking. The gelatine used in Allens sweets is halal, so I guess the cows have their throats slit whilst facing Mecca. Enjoy your snakes and jelly beans.
gelatin - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gelatin
Old Jul 27th 2013, 1:18 pm
Not actually a squirrel

Who in their wildest imagination would come up with the idea of turning cow hide into jelly snakes ffs.
Old Jul 27th 2013, 1:39 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

An ex of mine did all the designing for the air con system at Cadburys in Tassie, he told me the same, plus the fact that the percentage of cocoa is different in chocolate here, because that gives the finished product a higher melting point
Old Jul 27th 2013, 6:52 pm
Live to dream

Sashi is an unknown quantity at this point

Do you think we will see the OP post this back up again next year?

Place your bets please.
Old Jul 27th 2013, 6:54 pm
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sashi

Place your bets please.
a year? he does it every bloody month

The asylum is busy this year.....
Old Jul 28th 2013, 4:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sashi

Place your bets please.
Just checking up on if the rush out on one way tickets is escalating no doubt.
Old Jul 28th 2013, 4:53 am
Love Machine

lumpommer is a glorious beacon of lightlumpommer is a glorious beacon of lightlumpommer is a glorious beacon of lightlumpommer is a glorious beacon of lightlumpommer is a glorious beacon of lightlumpommer is a glorious beacon of lightlumpommer is a glorious beacon of lightlumpommer is a glorious beacon of lightlumpommer is a glorious beacon of lightlumpommer is a glorious beacon of lightlumpommer is a glorious beacon of light

I'm just here to inform people, folks.

Last edited by lumpommer; Jul 28th 2013 at 4:56 am.
Old Jul 28th 2013, 5:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the troubadour
Just checking up on if the rush out on one way tickets is escalating no doubt.
Nah, we're all still here.

Originally Posted by lumpommer
I'm just here to inform people, folks.
Information and knowledge is good.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.