Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone with pre-schoolers in the Hills/norwest district Sydney want to meet up.

Anyone with pre-schoolers in the Hills/norwest district Sydney want to meet up.

Old Jun 5th 2007, 2:02 pm
Tired but Happy

poshrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud of
Default Anyone with pre-schoolers in the Hills/norwest district Sydney want to meet up.

Hi i was just wondering if anyone with pre-schoolers living in the Norwest or Hills district of Sydney would like to meet up for playdates and coffee. I don't know about you but i always imagined that when i had babies that i would make friends with people with babies the same age and we would have coffee mornings at each others houses. In the UK i used to regularly have Coffee with a friend who was a childminder and there would be other moms who would pop in and we would all sit and drink coffee and put the world to rights while the kids played happily. Since being in Sydney i have noticed a lot of moms are very clique if you kids aren't in the right club or you don't wear the right clothes have the right hairstyle or you don't have a hubby who is a high powered exec then you are a nobody. I love meeting up in cafes but i find this gets expensive when you factor in the cost of a couple of cups of coffee then it drags into lunch and if your little ones are like mine they will quite happily chow down on a kids meal of their own(god forbid he should have to share with mommy). So my thinking was that if anyone has any pre-schoolers or just wants to join me in putting the world to rights i would love to have people join me in a coffee morning location my kitchen with coffee and goodies for the mommies and some lovely morning tea for the kids. If anyone is interested IM me and we will sort something out.

Cheers

Poshrice
Old Jun 6th 2007, 2:10 am
Tired but Happy

poshrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud of
Default Re: Anyone with pre-schoolers in the Hills/norwest district Sydney want to meet up.

Lol i feel like a right nobby no mates do i smell or somehing will have to stop buying that cheap deoderant obviously doesn't work lol oh well
Old Jun 7th 2007, 2:29 am
BE Enthusiast

yanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Anyone with pre-schoolers in the Hills/norwest district Sydney want to meet up.

Hi Poshrice,
We met at the Balmoral meet up. I would love to get together. Can only really do Tuesdays or Fridays, PM me and we can sort something out.(sorry but I'm hopeless and can't work out how to PM you).
Carolyn.
Old Jun 7th 2007, 7:31 am
Tired but Happy

Originally Posted by yanH
Hi Poshrice,
We met at the Balmoral meet up. I would love to get together. Can only really do Tuesdays or Fridays, PM me and we can sort something out.(sorry but I'm hopeless and can't work out how to PM you).
Carolyn.
Hi I have sent you an PM with my no. give me a call Friday is best day for me if you want to send someone a PM just click their name and it gives you am list of options.

Speak soon
Poshrice
Old Jun 7th 2007, 4:45 pm
Forum Regular

coriuk is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=poshrice;4875562]Hi i was just wondering if anyone with pre-schoolers living in the Norwest or Hills district of Sydney would like to meet up for playdates and coffee. I don't know about you but i always imagined that when i had babies that i would make friends with people with babies the same age and we would have coffee mornings at each others houses. In the UK i used to regularly have Coffee with a friend who was a childminder and there would be other moms who would pop in and we would all sit and drink coffee and put the world to rights while the kids played happily. Since being in Sydney i have noticed a lot of moms are very clique if you kids aren't in the right club or you don't wear the right clothes have the right hairstyle or you don't have a hubby who is a high powered exec then you are a nobody. I love meeting up in cafes but i find this gets expensive when you factor in the cost of a couple of cups of coffee then it drags into lunch and if your little ones are like mine they will quite happily chow down on a kids meal of their own(god forbid he should have to share with mommy). So my thinking was that if anyone has any pre-schoolers or just wants to join me in putting the world to rights i would love to have people join me in a coffee morning location my kitchen with coffee and goodies for the mommies and some lovely morning tea for the kids. If anyone is interested IM me and we will sort something out.

Cheers

Poshrice[/Since being in Sydney i have noticed a lot of moms are very clique if you kids aren't in the right club or you don't wear the right clothes have the right hairstyle or you don't have a hubby who is a high powered exec then you are a nobody.QUOTE]

Gosh is it really like that. We are likely to move to the hills area next year, I thought it would be friendlier than here.
Old Jun 7th 2007, 4:46 pm
Forum Regular

sorry dont know how to do these quote things
Old Jun 7th 2007, 11:49 pm
Tired but Happy

Originally Posted by coriuk
sorry dont know how to do these quote things
People are great if you can get them to talk to you but i have found they are very clique maybe it is just me being oversensitive but i found that when i 1st went to playgroup with my son the parents were friendly enough to you but i never got invited anywhere and when you bump into them while you are out you feel like a right lemon e.g started going t playgroup then found a playcentre called lollipops so thought great might meet people there sat on my own the whole time and even spotted the same group of mums from the playgroup they said hi but didn't invite me to sit with them so i felt sooo stupid. As i say it might just be the deoderant i am wearing lol.

When are you getting here? would love to meet up and introduce you to the folks i have met and where ikn the hills are you looking to live.

poshrice
Old Jun 8th 2007, 8:51 am
Forum Regular

Hi, i think what you are describing is an issue with mums and toddler groups everywhere. I have found similar problems in London. I have a five year old and 1 year old. Though he will be two and a half by the time we get there. I am Australian actually, but having been living in the UK for the past twelve years. We are looking at the castle hill area at the moment, we dont know the area at all really, but dont want to be too far away from facilities. We will be arriving towards the end of next year, a while off yet. How long have you been there ? and where are you from?
Old Jun 8th 2007, 9:53 am
Wishing for summer!

Oaks has a brilliant futureOaks has a brilliant futureOaks has a brilliant futureOaks has a brilliant futureOaks has a brilliant futureOaks has a brilliant futureOaks has a brilliant future

Hi Posh rice

I am heading out in 2 weeks and we are hoping to get a place in the hills area. My son is nearly 2. Be good to get to know a fellow black country lass
Old Jun 8th 2007, 2:16 pm
Tired but Happy

Originally Posted by Oaks
Hi Posh rice

I am heading out in 2 weeks and we are hoping to get a place in the hills area. My son is nearly 2. Be good to get to know a fellow black country lass
HI love to hear from you when you get here have pm'd with phone no.

Speak soon
Poshrice
Old Jun 8th 2007, 2:17 pm
Tired but Happy

Wink Re: Anyone with pre-schoolers in the Hills/norwest district Sydney want to meet up.

Just for those who might be interested have spoken to YanH(carolyn) and we are going to meet at my house next friday about 11ish so if anyone would like to join pm me and i will give you tel no. and address the more the merrier.

Poshrice
Old Jun 12th 2007, 1:29 pm
Tired but Happy

Old Jun 14th 2007, 10:00 am
Wishing for summer!

Oaks has a brilliant futureOaks has a brilliant futureOaks has a brilliant futureOaks has a brilliant futureOaks has a brilliant futureOaks has a brilliant futureOaks has a brilliant future

I will definatly be at the next one !!!!

Last edited by Oaks; Jun 14th 2007 at 10:00 am. Reason: cant spell
Old Jun 14th 2007, 10:09 am
Tired but Happy

Originally Posted by Oaks
I will definatly be at the next one !!!!
Looking forward to seeing you not long now lol

Poshrice
Old Jun 17th 2007, 2:44 pm
Forum Regular

AusDream is an unknown quantity at this point

We are hopefully out to Sydney in late July. My wife is keen to get to know people with kids (ours are seven and three). Forgive my ignorance - where are the Hills?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.