Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

anyone out there

anyone out there

Old Nov 22nd 2006, 7:43 am
BE Enthusiast

tony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nice
Default anyone out there

hi is there any one out there that is emergrating next july august.We are and i go on this web site and come of feeling bit wobbly thinking are we doing the right thing.Do you think this is normal.were unsure what we need to do first weve been accepted and know were renting when were there.Is there any one whos in same position who would like to chat.
thanks
paulax :scared:
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 8:24 am
Life's a gamble

Suni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: anyone out there

Originally Posted by tony s
hi is there any one out there that is emergrating next july august.We are and i go on this web site and come of feeling bit wobbly thinking are we doing the right thing.Do you think this is normal.were unsure what we need to do first weve been accepted and know were renting when were there.Is there any one whos in same position who would like to chat.
thanks
Nobody but you will know if it is right for you, and you won't know that until you have moved here.
Everyone is different, need different things, want different things.
Good Luck and I hope it all works out for you.
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 8:46 am
one day rodders !!!

robos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond repute

thanks
hi paula

we are supposed to be moving out next july/aug we are here on a reccie at the mo it all depends on gaz
we all love it but he is a bit unsure

jan xx
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 9:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Donna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs up Re: anyone out there

thanks

Hi Paula we are still in the process. Medicals get done next week and yeah I think it is kinda understandable to have unsure times. days I'm so excited and can't wait others I think god what am I doing. Nothing ventured nothing gained though. Donna
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 9:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Bexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Donna&Neil
Hi Paula we are still in the process. Medicals get done next week and yeah I think it is kinda understandable to have unsure times. days I'm so excited and can't wait others I think god what am I doing. Nothing ventured nothing gained though. Donna

You are completely normal! We get oour meds done on fri and had x-rays last night. I had a big wobble so did my 16 yr old. It'll be OH's turn to wobble next week! Just remember, it isn't an irreversible change. I that thee wobbles is a process you need to go through.....by the time the process is over you'll be wobble free! Keep your chin up and just think of the fabulous life that you and yours are going to have!
Bexie
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 9:25 am
Life is more than a dream

LouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Paula

We've been here since January this year. We wobbled all the way through the application process, all the way through selling the house, and are still wobbling now, though I think that may have more to do with the at the minute.

If you didn't get nervous about such a huge move, you wouldn't be normal. Good luck with it all.
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 9:27 am
Just enjoying being here

rebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud of

We're off next May/June and after all the excitement of getting the visa have had a week of doubts. This site does cause some of them when you get a run of negative posts - however I think most of the bad things said about Oz (grumpy supermarket staff, unfriendly people, anti-intellectual comments etc)in these posts can apply in the UK sometimes as well - just if you have emigrated and are not happy you probably blame the problems on where you are at the time. It is a big step emigrating and the good thing is being very aware of the negative side can help you make sure you have strong and realistic reasons for going. I think we have to find out for ourselves but I won't feel a failure at all if we go and decide it isn't for us. I think I'm going to have lots of up and down days before we go. Read through some of the 6 month, year updates on here they always cheer me up.
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 9:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Donna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to behold

[QUOTE=rebnatoli]We're off next May/June and after all the excitement of getting the visa have had a week of doubts. This site does cause some of them when you get a run of negative posts - however I think most of the bad things said about Oz (grumpy supermarket staff, unfriendly people, anti-intellectual comments etc)in these posts can apply in the UK sometimes as well - just if you have emigrated and are not happy you probably blame the problems on where you are at the time. It is a big step emigrating and the good thing is being very aware of the negative side can help you make sure you have strong and realistic reasons for going. I think we have to find out for ourselves but I won't feel a failure at all if we go and decide it isn't for us. I think I'm going to have lots of up and down days before we go. Read through some of the 6 month, year updates on here they always cheer me up.[/QUOT

Hi such words of wisdom. It is important that we get a rounded view, good and bad. Information is all good regardless. it is what you do with it thats the big thing. If it does not go to plan then hey you come home but at least you can say you tried Donna
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 9:38 am
Life is more than a dream

LouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Donna&Neil
Hi such words of wisdom. It is important that we get a rounded view, good and bad. Information is all good regardless. it is what you do with it thats the big thing. If it does not go to plan then hey you come home but at least you can say you tried Donna

Absolutely right - it hasn't worked out for us but hey at least we've tried and it's an experience. Everyone is different and everyone's circumstances are different. There are loads of people who dont like it, but loads who love it - you've got to try it yourself to find out.
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 9:42 am
BE Enthusiast

suebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to behold

thanks
Hi Paula - some days you get a lot of negative postings and sometimes you get some terrific uplifting ones. It is a huge gamble - I still don't know if it is going to pan out for me here yet but hey life is for the living and I think it is way better to try something and to regret it than to regret not doing it. You have plenty of time now to do some serious homework - especially on the employment front so my advice would be to get dug in.

Sue
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 9:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by LouiseD
Absolutely right - it hasn't worked out for us but hey at least we've tried and it's an experience. Everyone is different and everyone's circumstances are different. There are loads of people who dont like it, but loads who love it - you've got to try it yourself to find out.

Sorry to hear it wasn't right for you and your family and yeah you will chalk it down to experience and keep going. At least you tried it and good or bad it will be part of who you are. Take care Donna
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 9:45 am
nearly there

barry f is just really nicebarry f is just really nicebarry f is just really nicebarry f is just really nicebarry f is just really nicebarry f is just really nicebarry f is just really nicebarry f is just really nicebarry f is just really nice

thanks
we're hoping to fly out july/august. just a small matter of selling our house first though. we are getting a bit jittery as we have no family out in oz what so ever. this forum seems a real friendly place though and you can gain an awful lot of good advice just through reading some of the posts. i do know what you mean though when reading some of the posts as it sometimes makes us feel even more nervous. at the end of the day though we'll go over and find out for ourselves and if we don't like it there is nothing stopping us from returning to the uk. although i hope that isn't the case. if you don't do it now you'll always wander what it might have been like. all the very best of luck.
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 11:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Bexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by barry f
we're hoping to fly out july/august. just a small matter of selling our house first though. we are getting a bit jittery as we have no family out in oz what so ever. this forum seems a real friendly place though and you can gain an awful lot of good advice just through reading some of the posts. i do know what you mean though when reading some of the posts as it sometimes makes us feel even more nervous. at the end of the day though we'll go over and find out for ourselves and if we don't like it there is nothing stopping us from returning to the uk. although i hope that isn't the case. if you don't do it now you'll always wander what it might have been like. all the very best of luck.
D'you know what? It is brill to have so many positive and optimistic people to share with. My gosd I sound all cheesy....seriously, at the moment I still get so many negatives from my family that it's great to come onto this site and 'talk' to you guys. We are the brave ones and I am so glad that I didn't leave this any longer and miss the boat!
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 11:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Have a read of this thread http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=244807

I read it just before we came out, I wasn't so much jittery, but it helped put my mind at ease a little
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 11:32 am
BE Enthusiast

tictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond repute

To the OP:

We're planning to fly out to Brisbane on 1st August next year

Some people we talk to say how "lucky" we are

For me, luck does not come into it. We've put in hundreds of hours research and incurred tens of thousands of pounds to get this far. We've planned holidays in Australia and have had to make many, many sacrifices in order to be able to afford to do this. Sleepless nights, arguments, stress....you name it, we've experienced it

The main thing though, is that we've been brave enough and had the foresight to be able to identify what we want out of life, to grasp that opportunity and 'go for it'. These qualities, it would seem, are inherent to Aussies and these are the sorts of people I want to be around. Compare this to the old guy in my local who props up the bar every night moaning about how crap his life is

Whenever I watch the news and it goes on about how it's getting tougher to get into Australia and how Australia only seems to want the best of the best, I puff out my chest and think "Yes, and we'll soon be part of it".

IMO, it takes a special kind of person to see the bigger picture but more importantly someone who's big enough and brave enough to know what they want out of life and to go for it

For us, Australia is a MASSIVE opportunity - one we've earned and one we deserve. There's no way we're going to let it slip

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.