Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone from Northern Ireland immigrating to Oz?

Anyone from Northern Ireland immigrating to Oz?

Old Nov 25th 2011, 8:42 am
Forum Regular

ajmonty has a brilliant futureajmonty has a brilliant futureajmonty has a brilliant futureajmonty has a brilliant futureajmonty has a brilliant futureajmonty has a brilliant future
Default Re: Anyone from Northern Ireland immigrating to Oz?

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
Loughries? It's just outside Ards... I am renting my house out in NI and so far, so good...it's not as scary as it sounds! lol
Hi Jen

are you using a estate agent to look after rental ?
Old Nov 25th 2011, 8:47 am
Forum Regular

ajmonty has a brilliant futureajmonty has a brilliant futureajmonty has a brilliant futureajmonty has a brilliant futureajmonty has a brilliant futureajmonty has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by gilly1020
Hi Andrea,
Sorry for the delay, I have just seen your message. It took us 3 years to get our visa as we had to switch then they put everything on hold for a while, we also had to wait ages for the medicals to be checked as mine was referred.
Where are you moving to?
Gilly
Gilly

We are moving to Melbourne, a have family there and have always enjoyed visiting there. Will depend on jobs etc where in Melbourne we settle.
Old Nov 25th 2011, 11:56 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ajmonty
Hi Jen

are you using a estate agent to look after rental ?
A rental agent yes, LETSRENTNI
Old Nov 25th 2011, 5:44 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
A rental agent yes, LETSRENTNI
Thanks, will check them out. Just covering all angles at the minute
Old Nov 25th 2011, 7:13 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, will check them out. Just covering all angles at the minute
They're Lisburn based, so I'm not sure how wide an area they cover.
Old Nov 28th 2011, 11:42 pm
Just Joined

orlalem is an unknown quantity at this point

hey there,
we are moving to perth in jan 2012...
we live in london but my partner and i are from belfast and carnmoney.we are moving with our 15month old baby girl!
we are looking into shipping atm and it all seems very expensive.....
have any of you arrange the shipping yourself....ie hire a container, pack your belongs yourself,load it, and arrange the shipment and sort our own insurance, apparently its meant to be lots cheaper!!!
Old Nov 29th 2011, 8:23 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by orlalem
hey there,
we are moving to perth in jan 2012...
we live in london but my partner and i are from belfast and carnmoney.we are moving with our 15month old baby girl!
we are looking into shipping atm and it all seems very expensive.....
have any of you arrange the shipping yourself....ie hire a container, pack your belongs yourself,load it, and arrange the shipment and sort our own insurance, apparently its meant to be lots cheaper!!!
Hi orlalem

I have been pricing shipping but its difficult to get a price because most are saying they need to actually see the house contents, at this stage i only want an idea. Have been quoted £5600 for 4 bedroom house, but thats for a 40ft container I dont think we will be taking everything!

Havnt thought about shipping ourselves, to be honest i wouldnt know where to start?

I went to School in Glengormley (quite a few years ago).

Andrea
Old Nov 29th 2011, 9:24 pm
Forum Regular

gilly1020 has a brilliant futuregilly1020 has a brilliant futuregilly1020 has a brilliant futuregilly1020 has a brilliant futuregilly1020 has a brilliant futuregilly1020 has a brilliant futuregilly1020 has a brilliant future

Hi orlalem

I have been pricing shipping but its difficult to get a price because most are saying they need to actually see the house contents, at this stage i only want an idea. Have been quoted £5600 for 4 bedroom house, but thats for a 40ft container I dont think we will be taking everything!

Havnt thought about shipping ourselves, to be honest i wouldnt know where to start?

I went to School in Glengormley (quite a few years ago).

Andrea
Hi Andrea, when we were getting quotes, i got a company to come round and decided what we would need (20ft- 3bedroom semi) and got a quote from them and what they offer, I then rang around 6 other companies to see what their quotes would be, it took a total of an hour to sort out after the initial visit from the first company. We thought about doing all the packing ourselves but most companies said they didn't charge for doing this and I really couldn't be bothered doing really haha
Gill
Old Nov 29th 2011, 9:47 pm
Forum Regular

elect42 is on a distinguished road

Hi Andrea, when we were getting quotes, i got a company to come round and decided what we would need (20ft- 3bedroom semi) and got a quote from them and what they offer, I then rang around 6 other companies to see what their quotes would be, it took a total of an hour to sort out after the initial visit from the first company. We thought about doing all the packing ourselves but most companies said they didn't charge for doing this and I really couldn't be bothered doing really haha
Gill

Quotes

All-Route Shipping £3100 we pack it, they ship door to door Banbridge to Ellenbrook 20 ft 4 bedroom, beds no mattresses and generally as much as we can get in.

I tried a few more from memory McGimpsey Brothers £3650 same as above others were more expensive.

They basically come out view ur house abit of writing and heyho quote you for free within a few days.

Now with work doesnt look like we can go until June 2012, I am not taking anymore contracts on!

Renting website looks good, I will def be getting intouch with them!
Jen its a small world LOL louise told me thats you
Old Nov 30th 2011, 6:12 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by elect42
Quotes

All-Route Shipping £3100 we pack it, they ship door to door Banbridge to Ellenbrook 20 ft 4 bedroom, beds no mattresses and generally as much as we can get in.

I tried a few more from memory McGimpsey Brothers £3650 same as above others were more expensive.

They basically come out view ur house abit of writing and heyho quote you for free within a few days.

Now with work doesnt look like we can go until June 2012, I am not taking anymore contracts on!

Renting website looks good, I will def be getting intouch with them!
Jen its a small world LOL louise told me thats you
Yes, IT IS I!!!
Old Nov 30th 2011, 8:37 am
Forum Regular

Gill
Hi Gill

I think I will do a really good clear out and decide what I will take, then give them another call.

thanks xx
Old Nov 30th 2011, 8:42 am
Forum Regular

Quotes

Hi Elect42

Yes All route were recommended to me through family, they appear to be the most competitive price.

The difference between packing ourselves was a reduction of £150, not a massive amount but still a saving!

Do you not want to take mattresses or can u not take them??
Old Dec 4th 2011, 10:32 pm
Forum Regular

elect42 is on a distinguished road

Hi Elect42

Yes All route were recommended to me through family, they appear to be the most competitive price.

The difference between packing ourselves was a reduction of £150, not a massive amount but still a saving!

Do you not want to take mattresses or can u not take them??
Shipping mattress, nah for one take up too much valuable space and second have them to long, need a change lol.
As we will be arriving over there before our belongings I was thinking that if we needed a bed at least I can buy mattresses for us asap, then just wait for the frames to arrive! At least we will have a bed!

Space is precious with shipping costs.

Jes wish we were heading over as planned start Apr, work sometimes can be a pain when things dont just go the way we want it!

Weather here is getting colder by the day, put last of Xmas decorations up, well the outside ones wife did the rest lol, and it was bloody freezing, hands red, snow started alittle, and my 17month old boy crying looking me off the ladder to hold him!
Bring on that lovely sun in perth please!

Anyone got quotes from IOM for flights? Not sure what to make of them my wife said she has seen cheaper flights from quick search through different carriers. I thought IOM was always cheaper as its for emigration one flight deals?
Old Dec 5th 2011, 6:10 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Shipping mattress, nah for one take up too much valuable space and second have them to long, need a change lol.
As we will be arriving over there before our belongings I was thinking that if we needed a bed at least I can buy mattresses for us asap, then just wait for the frames to arrive! At least we will have a bed!

Space is precious with shipping costs.

Jes wish we were heading over as planned start Apr, work sometimes can be a pain when things dont just go the way we want it!

Weather here is getting colder by the day, put last of Xmas decorations up, well the outside ones wife did the rest lol, and it was bloody freezing, hands red, snow started alittle, and my 17month old boy crying looking me off the ladder to hold him!
Bring on that lovely sun in perth please!

Anyone got quotes from IOM for flights? Not sure what to make of them my wife said she has seen cheaper flights from quick search through different carriers. I thought IOM was always cheaper as its for emigration one flight deals?
Careful, beds/bedding are different sizes over here, so the mattresses you buy might not fit your frames! I'd go onto ikea.com.au or somewhere like that and check the dimensions before you dump the old mattresses or you may end up needing to buy new beds too!
Old Dec 13th 2011, 12:31 pm
Forum Regular

How's everyone doing, weather in Norn Iron really cold and windy!!

Getting the house ready to be put on the market after Christmas, see if there's any interest?

Its hard work trying to de-clutter, have much more stuff than I thought? Then Santa will arrive and deliver more!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.