Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone near Sheffield want a cat?

Anyone near Sheffield want a cat?

Old Jun 12th 2005, 12:18 pm
GC family day carer

68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute
Default Anyone near Sheffield want a cat?

Hi everyone, I'm hoping one of you can help me greatly.
This is aimed at people living around the Sheffield area but if I can get to you all areas are considered.
I have a 9 year old part Siamese female cat called Sassy, who is black tortoiseshell in colour who I am unable to take to Oz with us purely because we don't have the money.
I have been desperately trying to find her a new home but no friends or family or friends of friends are able to have her so I am now stuck so I thought I'd try on here. I have phoned a few Cat homes based locally and have her name down on a waiting list at one of them but I really want this to be a last resort as I don't want to see her put in a home. I'd rather she go straight to someones house.
I have had her since she was 6 weeks old, she was a present for my 16th birthday, which coincedently was when she was born.
I am seriously finding it emotionally difficult getting rid of her but I have no choice, if I could somehow raise the money for her to come with us then I would.
She has been spayed and is fine with kids (I have a 3 year old who pulls her about and has never been bitten or scratched) We have a dog and although they don't particularly get on together they put up with each other. She also doesn't have a problem with other cats (I used to have 3 others).
If anyone knows anyone who would like a cat could you please let me know.
We plan to be in Oz early September if the visas are here by then.
Thanks,
Marie
Old Jun 12th 2005, 12:22 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone near Sheffield want a cat?

Originally Posted by 68MEVY
Hi everyone, I'm hoping one of you can help me greatly.
This is aimed at people living around the Sheffield area but if I can get to you all areas are considered.
I have a 9 year old part Siamese female cat called Sassy, who is black tortoiseshell in colour who I am unable to take to Oz with us purely because we don't have the money.
I have been desperately trying to find her a new home but no friends or family or friends of friends are able to have her so I am now stuck so I thought I'd try on here. I have phoned a few Cat homes based locally and have her name down on a waiting list at one of them but I really want this to be a last resort as I don't want to see her put in a home. I'd rather she go straight to someones house.
I have had her since she was 6 weeks old, she was a present for my 16th birthday, which coincedently was when she was born.
I am seriously finding it emotionally difficult getting rid of her but I have no choice, if I could somehow raise the money for her to come with us then I would.
She has been spayed and is fine with kids (I have a 3 year old who pulls her about and has never been bitten or scratched) We have a dog and although they don't particularly get on together they put up with each other. She also doesn't have a problem with other cats (I used to have 3 others).
If anyone knows anyone who would like a cat could you please let me know.
We plan to be in Oz early September if the visas are here by then.
Thanks,
Marie

hiya marie,
we dont have room, but will ask around and at work for you.

suex
Old Jun 12th 2005, 12:36 pm
GC family day carer

68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
hiya marie,
we dont have room, but will ask around and at work for you.

suex
Thanks Sue.
I'm a hairdresser amd I've even asked the old ladies that come in weekly if they want one. I'm getting desperate but have got to exhaust all other options before I put her in a cats home, I really don't want that to happen.
Marie
Old Jun 12th 2005, 12:50 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Sue.
I'm a hairdresser amd I've even asked the old ladies that come in weekly if they want one. I'm getting desperate but have got to exhaust all other options before I put her in a cats home, I really don't want that to happen.
Marie

You could try Wongs chinese takeaway
Old Jun 12th 2005, 12:53 pm
GC family day carer

Originally Posted by fraser
You could try Wongs chinese takeaway
lol, trust you Fraser you insensitive bugger.(I could think of harsher words but I better not)
This is really serious, I need a good home for my cat.
Marie
Old Jun 12th 2005, 1:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Wave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there,
I really feel for you. I left 3 Burmese cats back in the UK and I cried more each time one of them left than I did saying godbye to family, oh dear
We were all set to bring them and had contqacted the shippers etc, but in the end had to ask oursleves who we were doing it for.
2 weren't getting on so to put them through the journey, find a rental that would accept, cope with quarantine etc etc well it all got too much
I rehomed 2 of them through the Burmese Cat Club, they were AMAZING. I had homes within 24 hours which had been fully vetted. I'm still in touch with one of the new owners and she's gaga about my Male!!! And vice versa, fickle little ****** The lady had been on a Rehoming Waiting List. Yes, such things exist. She travelled a really long way to come and get him too.
Just did a quick search for you on Google and came up with this:
www.siamesecatclub.co.uk
and the contact is:
[email protected]
I would have a dig around the site and start networking.

Here are some others that may be able to help:
www.oldstylesiamese.co.uk

www.siameserescue.org.uk This is a specific rehoming service

Hope this helps, let us know how you get on.

Mrs J

PS I should probably put in a disclaimer!!!!!
Old Jun 12th 2005, 4:02 pm
GC family day carer

Originally Posted by The Jones Family
Hi there,
I really feel for you. I left 3 Burmese cats back in the UK and I cried more each time one of them left than I did saying godbye to family, oh dear
We were all set to bring them and had contqacted the shippers etc, but in the end had to ask oursleves who we were doing it for.
2 weren't getting on so to put them through the journey, find a rental that would accept, cope with quarantine etc etc well it all got too much
I rehomed 2 of them through the Burmese Cat Club, they were AMAZING. I had homes within 24 hours which had been fully vetted. I'm still in touch with one of the new owners and she's gaga about my Male!!! And vice versa, fickle little ****** The lady had been on a Rehoming Waiting List. Yes, such things exist. She travelled a really long way to come and get him too.
Just did a quick search for you on Google and came up with this:
www.siamesecatclub.co.uk
and the contact is:
[email protected]
I would have a dig around the site and start networking.

Here are some others that may be able to help:
www.oldstylesiamese.co.uk

www.siameserescue.org.uk This is a specific rehoming service

Hope this helps, let us know how you get on.

Mrs J

PS I should probably put in a disclaimer!!!!!
Thanks for that Mrs J, I've made a few phonecalls but it doesn't look likely as she's only partially siamese.
Old Jun 13th 2005, 5:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Wave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that Mrs J, I've made a few phonecalls but it doesn't look likely as she's only partially siamese.
Well that's very shallow of them!!

Can you take a picture and make up flyers to take to the local vets. Pin them up on the walls. Might help??

Speak to the Vets Receptionists personally rather than on the phone. One on one emotional blackmail. Sadly, people do 'lose' their cats and often can't bear to replace them immediately. However, when faced with a 'this cat is desperate for a home otherwise the poor owner will have to take to the Cat Protection league' will often be more than willing..........

Alternatively, take same flyers and pin on village shop notice boards. Tend to get nice people with big gardens and not so busy roads out in the countryside.

Mrs J

PS Good job you aren't posting this message over here in Oz or I would be very hard pressed to say no!!
Old Jun 13th 2005, 6:09 am
Kingscliff NSW/QLD border

the plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to all

Now lets see.....i remember giving advise to a similar post to this, some time back........

Oh thats it......

For god sake it's only a cat........put it on ebay......or make your self a new Davey Crockett hat........

all the best plum

ps cat lover.....
Old Jun 13th 2005, 6:12 am
forever hopeful

louise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the plumber
Now lets see.....i remember giving advise to a similar post to this, some time back........

Oh thats it......

For god sake it's only a cat........put it on ebay......or make your self a new Davey Crockett hat........

all the best plum

ps cat lover.....
i hope your wearing armoured plating, you might need it