Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone near to Coogee WA

Anyone near to Coogee WA

Old Jan 6th 2008, 11:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Broadbeach/Surfers Paradise depending which side of the house you stand
yellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to all
Default Anyone near to Coogee WA

Hi all,

We arrived from the UK on the 18th Dec, and so far are really enjoying our new life down under, apart from we need to make some friends, in getting really bored as i dont drive and dont know anyone, and My son who is 3 is missing his old friends, school and toys. Is anyone from this area? or am i alone? lol if anyone would like to meet up to take the kids out to the park and meet for a coffee just let me know.

Becky xx
Old Jan 7th 2008, 4:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone near to Coogee WA

Originally Posted by yellowmellow
Hi all,

We arrived from the UK on the 18th Dec, and so far are really enjoying our new life down under, apart from we need to make some friends, in getting really bored as i dont drive and dont know anyone, and My son who is 3 is missing his old friends, school and toys. Is anyone from this area? or am i alone? lol if anyone would like to meet up to take the kids out to the park and meet for a coffee just let me know.

Becky xx
Don't forget the Kings Park gathering this Sunday............... there may be someone from down your way at the event?
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 6:40 pm
Australia here we come

Location: Sheffield, UK in body but not in mind! Perth on the horizon
chopperlamb is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Becky,

We have just seen your post, we are looking at visiting the Perth area and we are looking at holiday parks. We have found one in Coogee and we were wondering if you could tell us what it is like there now you have been there a while. Are there any good pubs or shopping centres etc. Also is it safe to swim in the sea?

Any info. you can give would be great.

Many thanks.

Chris, Julie and Katie.
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 10:11 pm
you lucky, lucky b'stard!

tomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud of

of course it is safe to swim in the sea!

Occasionally in this particularly area there are small jellyfish called stingers, but they're more of a nuisance than a threat.

Remember, you hats, sunblock, long sleave rashvests and plenty water
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 11:48 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chopperlamb
Hi Becky,

We have just seen your post, we are looking at visiting the Perth area and we are looking at holiday parks. We have found one in Coogee and we were wondering if you could tell us what it is like there now you have been there a while. Are there any good pubs or shopping centres etc. Also is it safe to swim in the sea?

Any info. you can give would be great.

Many thanks.

Chris, Julie and Katie.
Perfectly safe to swim in the sea. Always swim between the flags, respect it and you will all be fine.