Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone moving to Perth?

Anyone moving to Perth?

Old May 25th 2007, 9:07 am
BE Enthusiast

midwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Anyone moving to Perth?

Thanks for the pics, SH looks gorgeous, might just have to suffer the commute to Subiaco after all

PS. Whats wrong with poms?
Old May 25th 2007, 9:16 am
Just Joined

busaturbo is an unknown quantity at this point

HI ALL
This my first post on this site what a good site, we have owned a house in Warnbro two streets back from the beach for three years although we have never lived in it, we hope to get to perth this year permanently.
I lived in Brisbane and Tasi for seven years then meet my wife back in the uk and now have two great kids. we both feel it is now time to move on for our kids sake i have no doubt we will find it hard to settle in oz but as the saying goes (lifes what you make it)
my kids just cant wait to go now we are talking about it

andy/sarah
Old May 25th 2007, 9:25 am

julesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by midwife2be
Thanks for the pics, SH looks gorgeous, might just have to suffer the commute to Subiaco after all

PS. Whats wrong with poms?
Nothing at all - happen to be one meself

SH is lovely, but I wouldn't fancy that commute everyday. Hubby was in hospital in Freo a while back and that journey was a nightmare! Subi's about twice as far!

Couldn't you look into the possibility of nearer hospitals, or are you being sponsored?

Jules x
Old May 25th 2007, 9:26 am

julesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busaturbo
HI ALL
This my first post on this site what a good site, we have owned a house in Warnbro two streets back from the beach for three years although we have never lived in it, we hope to get to perth this year permanently.
I lived in Brisbane and Tasi for seven years then meet my wife back in the uk and now have two great kids. we both feel it is now time to move on for our kids sake i have no doubt we will find it hard to settle in oz but as the saying goes (lifes what you make it)
my kids just cant wait to go now we are talking about it

andy/sarah

Welcome aboard! Good luck with your journey. Do you already have your visas sorted?

Jules x
Old May 25th 2007, 9:35 am
Forum Regular

suki is an unknown quantity at this point

we are moving to Perth, initially we looked at Secret Harbour it is beautiful, however the commute to the CBD has put us off as hubby would spend most of his time commuting to work, we are now looking up North around Butler and Mindarie - any comments on these places would be greatfully received
Old May 25th 2007, 10:11 am
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tambo
hi all

top place secret ahrbour i have lived in many suburbs -mindarie, clarkson, quinns rocks, carrama, tapping, edgewater, scarborough, warnbro and now secret harbour.

i can tell you Secret Harbour is by far the best, everything is close, great beach great golf course and a nice feel about the community.

I live 200m to the water in fact you can see the water from my balcony, im in the process of selling, click the link below

http://www.goprivate.com.au/properti...ge=2&id=213229

email if you are interested

Tambo
thats some house mate..

well done..

ast
Old May 25th 2007, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by suki
we are moving to Perth, initially we looked at Secret Harbour it is beautiful, however the commute to the CBD has put us off as hubby would spend most of his time commuting to work, we are now looking up North around Butler and Mindarie - any comments on these places would be greatfully received
I wouldn't of thought that the commute from Butler is much better than from SH. The Freeway's a nightmare at peak times too so it may well be closer in terms of distance, but travel time would be just as bad as travelling to and from SH I would think (if not worse!). At least travelling from the south you are going against the traffic a little more.

Butler is very similar to Secret Harbour in terms of 'up and coming-ness'.

Jules x
Old May 25th 2007, 10:21 am
BE Enthusiast

midwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Jules

I am being sponsored, yes!! Its at the KEMH so a nice big hospital to get lots of experience (I hope!)

I've been waiting for what has felt like forever since my job offer and have just got the long awaited email but the offer is for a 457 visa which some on here dont think is advisable - so feeling a bit crap now

xx
Old May 25th 2007, 10:30 am

Originally Posted by midwife2be
Hi Jules

I am being sponsored, yes!! Its at the KEMH so a nice big hospital to get lots of experience (I hope!)

I've been waiting for what has felt like forever since my job offer and have just got the long awaited email but the offer is for a 457 visa which some on here dont think is advisable - so feeling a bit crap now

xx

I know what you mean as our visa is a temp one too. It'll all work out though, hopefully

Jules x
Old May 25th 2007, 10:36 am
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute

we stayed up on quinns when we did our reckie last week
we are looking at rockingham/s-bay area when we come back out
we found the drive either way ie down from quinns to perth or up from rockingham the same amount of time.

ps what did i miss about s- harbour ???
Old May 25th 2007, 10:40 am

Originally Posted by hitchcock71
we found the drive either way ie down from quinns to perth or up from rockingham the same amount of time.

What do you mean - what did you miss?
Old May 25th 2007, 10:48 am
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute

sorry we went down to sh it seemed to us like a big housing estate but maybe iam wrong

dont mean to offend anyone
Old May 25th 2007, 11:08 am

sorry we went down to sh it seemed to us like a big housing estate but maybe iam wrong

dont mean to offend anyone
No, you're right, it is

We're been here too long now and we've lost the 'WOW' factor. Houses that we first thought were great, we now just think are OK.

It's OK, but I do think there are nicer places around. Budget dictates really.

I take it the 'sh it' was purely coincidental in your post?

Jules c
Old May 25th 2007, 1:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Evelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of light

I live in the area. May I ask why you chose Rockingham/Safety Bay?
Old May 25th 2007, 1:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

oops yes sh it was an oversite on my part

because rockingham has older houses and larger plots etc which is what we are after we dont really want a new build

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.