Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone moving to Adelaide??

Anyone moving to Adelaide??

Old Sep 11th 2007, 3:47 pm
Forum Regular

crankysid is just really nicecrankysid is just really nicecrankysid is just really nicecrankysid is just really nicecrankysid is just really nicecrankysid is just really nicecrankysid is just really nicecrankysid is just really nicecrankysid is just really nicecrankysid is just really nice
Default Re: Anyone moving to Adelaide??

Hi,

We are also hoping to be in Adelaide around Jan / Feb 2008. We are currently waiting to go for our x-rays / medicals.

We have 2 girls (6 years and 3 weeks).

House sold, should complete within the next 2 weeks. Won't be shipping that much, just sorting out quotes at the mo.

Just wish it was tomorrow!

Cheers, Cranky.
Old Sep 11th 2007, 4:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

mOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud of

hello!
i was just wondering ...

the ones who've sold their house already ... when did you put it on the market?? i mean 'when' as in the whole process

we are talking about getting the house ready - but we haven't even had acknowlowdment of our visa application yet.

was it hard for you to find something in renting???
and how did you do the move? i guess sort everything already of just take everything along?
Old Sep 11th 2007, 4:43 pm
Forum Regular

crankysid is just really nicecrankysid is just really nicecrankysid is just really nicecrankysid is just really nicecrankysid is just really nicecrankysid is just really nicecrankysid is just really nicecrankysid is just really nicecrankysid is just really nicecrankysid is just really nice

Originally Posted by mOZzy
hello!
i was just wondering ...

the ones who've sold their house already ... when did you put it on the market?? i mean 'when' as in the whole process

we are talking about getting the house ready - but we haven't even had acknowlowdment of our visa application yet.

was it hard for you to find something in renting???
and how did you do the move? i guess sort everything already of just take everything along?
Hi mOZzy,

We put our house on the market at Easter this year, first sale feel though and the second is still on track, should complete in the next 2 weeks.

We are not renting we are moving into the mother-in-laws (any mother-in-law jokes would be great, PLEASE!!)

We should get our visa around November time if everything goes to plan.

Cheers, Cranky.

Last edited by crankysid; Sep 11th 2007 at 4:48 pm.
Old Sep 11th 2007, 5:45 pm
broken but got a visa! :

katsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, were aiming at hitting adelaide in april next year - this has changed a few times due to sooo many unexpected hitches - breaking my leg being the newest one!
it will have been in the planning for 2 years by the time we get to go so family/friends cant accuse us of rushing into it!
we have friends in eden hills who want us to live nearby but we dont know about areas yet - will check it all out when we get there - were told to prioritise to live closer to work and travel to the beach as theres nothing worse than commuting for hours on end each week.
were going on oh toolmaker skills - i was a chef/got hospitality manager quals so shouldnt be too much trouble to get a job, got 4 kids, b16,g15,g9,b4
xxx
Old Sep 11th 2007, 6:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

We put our house on the market a year ago in May. It seems to finaly be going through now. I would put it on the market ASAP. It is better to have sold it and be renting that stuck in a house which isn't selling wishing you were gone.
Old Sep 11th 2007, 6:47 pm
Account Closed

Up To Late is an unknown quantity at this point

We put our house on the market in June. We hadn't even put our skills assessments in! We figured the market wasn't too good so it would take a while to sell. We did accept a good offer in July and were all prepared to move into rented when the buyers pulled out.

We put it back on the market in August and have not had a single query or viewing since! We are not stressing too much - YET. We plan to reduce the price a little every time we take a step on the visa ladder. Hopefully somebody will bite soon!

Good luck to all you Adelaide bound house sellers!
Old Sep 11th 2007, 6:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

pomgrrl is a jewel in the roughpomgrrl is a jewel in the roughpomgrrl is a jewel in the roughpomgrrl is a jewel in the roughpomgrrl is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by gabb9
Hi me and my family hope to move to Adelaide next year and even though we have met some nice people on here (hi tony & myrtle) I was hoping to make some friends. Anyone else going there? My husband is a Chef and we have two little girls. Preparing the TRA at the moment. It's all so exciting
this forum might be of interest
http://s2.invisionfree.com/Adelaidebrits/
Old Sep 11th 2007, 7:03 pm
Account Closed

Up To Late is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by pomgrrl
this forum might be of interest
http://s2.invisionfree.com/Adelaidebrits/
Thanks!!

I didn't know if I could post the link here.LOL.

I spend a lot of time in the custard court and find it really friendly. Although I have read threads which suggest otherwise. It's definitely worth looking at if you're headed to SA.
Old Sep 11th 2007, 11:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by weez75
We are on our way as well

we already have the visa and are going to validate at xmas , will be staying with my uncle in Para hills , going for good in November next year .
My OH is a brickie and i have 2 boys 10 & 7.

weez

That's where I live
Old Sep 12th 2007, 7:02 am
Forum Regular

weez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Wendy
That's where I live
OOOOOO small world

is it nice , we have never been before, my uncle loves it there , he married an ozzie and never wants to come back !! although he will be over here in a few weeks just to see family.

weez
Old Sep 12th 2007, 8:10 am
West is best!

oz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to all

Hi,

We are hoping to move to Adelaide Aug 2008 if all goes well, don't know what area yet busy researching just now but won't decide until we're there.

Theres me my hubby and 3 kids, 9,7,1 going on my hubby's skill as a fitter. Just applied last month so no news yet.

Went to Aus on holiday last year and visited Perth and Brisbane, but decided on Adelaide when we came back Loving what we've seen of the place on the net so far

ob
Old Sep 12th 2007, 8:15 am
wee irish girl

gabb9 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All
WOW guys, there are loads of us goin to Adelaide Will there be any room left for the Aussie's? Does anyone know if a UK/Irish driving licence will be acceptable over there? A friend told me we might have to sit another driving test.
Old Sep 12th 2007, 8:18 am
West is best!

oz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to all

Hi All
WOW guys, there are loads of us goin to Adelaide Will there be any room left for the Aussie's? Does anyone know if a UK/Irish driving licence will be acceptable over there? A friend told me we might have to sit another driving test.

I think I remember reading somewhere that in Adelaide you just exchange your licence, no test to sit but I think it needs to be done within 3 months.

Will have a look and let you know if this is wrong

ob
Old Sep 12th 2007, 8:30 am
Forum Regular

deano will become famous soon enoughdeano will become famous soon enough

Ooh we live in SA as well.......bloody great it is tooooooo:
Old Sep 12th 2007, 8:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by weez75
OOOOOO small world

is it nice , we have never been before, my uncle loves it there , he married an ozzie and never wants to come back !! although he will be over here in a few weeks just to see family.

weez
Am sending you a PM

Hi All
No test, straight swap

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.