Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone miss good old British tv SOAPS?!

Anyone miss good old British tv SOAPS?!

Old Jul 2nd 2004, 7:58 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Anyone miss good old British tv SOAPS?!

Hi All,
Does anyone think they will miss there favourite tv soaps?
I have a cousin who lives in Perth,has done for over 20years & we still have to send tapes of Coronation St & she sits for hours & catches up!
Recently sent her a taping of River City & she loved it!(the tv must be bad!!)
In saying that i do watch it myself ,not a lover of Coronation Street or Eastenders but i do love Casualty & Holby City!
Once our new life settles down to what we class as normality! i think i may miss watchin them,but i dont think i will miss it that bad to still get tapings 20yrs later!!

Donna.
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 8:01 pm
Just Joined

DBASS is an unknown quantity at this point

im so glad youve asked this - as a new member I didnt want everyone thinking i was really sad by asking this one!!! i found out you can watch them on uktv (i think you need to pay) but its quite a way behind the uk.
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 8:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

andy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant future
Default Re: Anyone miss good old British tv SOAPS?!

Originally posted by madsad
Hi All,
Does anyone think they will miss there favourite tv soaps?
I have a cousin who lives in Perth,has done for over 20years & we still have to send tapes of Coronation St & she sits for hours & catches up!
Recently sent her a taping of River City & she loved it!(the tv must be bad!!)
In saying that i do watch it myself ,not a lover of Coronation Street or Eastenders but i do love Casualty & Holby City!
Once our new life settles down to what we class as normality! i think i may miss watchin them,but i dont think i will miss it that bad to still get tapings 20yrs later!!

Donna.
TV soaps, I hope I never see another one after I leave, what a load of sh*te, same plots all the time going round in circles, does my head in. Buts thats just my opinion and it probably aint worth much. Now Donna, how did you choose your expats nickname?

Andy (soap hater)
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 9:10 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by andy thomas
TV soaps, I hope I never see another one after I leave, what a load of sh*te, same plots all the time going round in circles, does my head in. Buts thats just my opinion and it probably aint worth much. Now Donna, how did you choose your expats nickname?

Andy (soap hater)
Hello Andy!
Madsad is the first letter from each of our names!
Donna.
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 9:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

andy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant future

Hello Andy!
Madsad is the first letter from each of our names!
Donna.
and heres me thinking it was because you really are sad and mad about soaps, no offence intended. good to know its not
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 9:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

and heres me thinking it was because you really are sad and mad about soaps, no offence intended. good to know its not
just had a thought, if that means there are 6 of you and four of those are kids, you really must be mad. lol
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 9:32 pm

just had a thought, if that means there are 6 of you and four of those are kids, you really must be mad. lol
Mathematical genius!!
Although one a is an &!
But i still do have 4 kids!
YES....I am mad but alas came to that conclusion to many years TOO late!!
Donna.
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 9:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mathematical genius!!
Although one a is an &!
But i still do have 4 kids!
YES....I am mad but alas came to that conclusion to many years TOO late!!
Donna.
English genius, I bet its the second A

blimey 4 kids on ya tod then, I take it all back, you're obviously a workaholic.

respect.
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 9:52 pm

English genius, I bet its the second A

blimey 4 kids on ya tod then, I take it all back, you're obviously a workaholic.

respect.
Yes,second one is the &!
But im not on my tod,have a hubby but maybe you could class him as kid no.5!!
Confused?......Yeah so am i!!
Donna.
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 9:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

[QUOTE]Originally posted by madsad
Yes,second one is the &!
Donna. [/

so when you set up your name which poor buggar got left out if there are 6 of you and 1 A is an and
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 10:24 pm

[QUOTE]Originally posted by andy thomas
Yes,second one is the &!
Donna. [/

so when you set up your name which poor buggar got left out if there are 6 of you and 1 A is an and
My youngest daughter,shes only two,madsad was made up before she was even thought of!
But my eldest has left home & if we change the name now it will be madlad!!
Still mad!:scared:
Donna.
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 10:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

My youngest daughter,shes only two,madsad was made up before she was even thought of!
But my eldest has left home & if we change the name now it will be madlad!!
Still mad!:scared:
Donna.
now im really confused, you only registered in march, take it the madsad name has been around a bit longer to give you enough time to create your fourth. jesus Ive got 2 and 4 dont bear thinking about, give this girl a medal
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 10:45 pm

now im really confused, you only registered in march, take it the madsad name has been around a bit longer to give you enough time to create your fourth. jesus Ive got 2 and 4 dont bear thinking about, give this girl a medal
Yeah,slowly created letter by letter over the last 15yrs!!:scared:
Donna.
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 11:00 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah alot of the Uk crap is on Foxtel
and alot of the Yank crap is on Foxtel
and alot of the Aussie crap is on Foxtel

Siren's better half
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 11:04 pm

Originally posted by Siren
Yeah alot of the Uk crap is on Foxtel
and alot of the Yank crap is on Foxtel
and alot of the Aussie crap is on Foxtel

Siren's better half
OK,...
I wont watch Foxtel. !
Donna.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.