Reload this Page >

Anyone in Melbourne??

Wikiposts

Anyone in Melbourne??

Old Oct 12th 2006, 6:20 pm
Just Joined

dadofmimi is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Anyone in Melbourne??

Hello all, Just thought I'd post and say hello! We moved to Williamstown in January and keep hearing how there are soooo many english people. And we haven't met any of them!

Lots of Italians, lots of Greeks and not a single British person! So I thought I'd see if there are any hiding in the closet on this forum (so to speak!!) We are a youngish couple with a small child - doing all the childreny type stuff but really need to start meeting other people apart from the ones we already know!

So hello if you are out there!

I noticed a few people posting from Elsternwick and Beaumaris - we were thinking about moving to Beaumaris and wondered how you were liking it?

Anyway, nice to meet you all, Victoria
Old Oct 12th 2006, 6:46 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Anyone in Melbourne??

Originally Posted by dadofmimi
Hello all, Just thought I'd post and say hello! We moved to Williamstown in January and keep hearing how there are soooo many english people. And we haven't met any of them!

Lots of Italians, lots of Greeks and not a single British person! So I thought I'd see if there are any hiding in the closet on this forum (so to speak!!) We are a youngish couple with a small child - doing all the childreny type stuff but really need to start meeting other people apart from the ones we already know!

I noticed a few people posting from Elsternwick and Beaumaris - we were thinking about moving to Beaumaris and wondered how you were liking it?

You should check out the BritVics site for fellow Melburnians.
Old Oct 12th 2006, 7:26 pm
Just Joined

dadofmimi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bordy
You should check out the BritVics site for fellow Melburnians.
Thank you - I will - I've spent all afternoon typing in english/british/melbourne and all that came up was english language courses!!!! Thanks Bordy - much appreciated! Victoria
Old Oct 12th 2006, 7:48 pm
Just Joined

Crumpers will become famous soon enoughCrumpers will become famous soon enough

Hi dadofmimi,

We're here in Melbourne too, also over in the west, Altona Meadows to be precise.

I was wondering the same as you, not having come across anyone from England as yet!

Steve and I arrived in June this year. Staying with my Dad at the moment, whilst getting settled, finding work etc. then going to decide what area we would like to live in more permanently.

I really like Williamstown, cycle there now and again when its not too windy!

I only found this site after arriving, think it would have been very useful back in the UK, with all the great information.

So where are you from in the UK? Are you feeling settled yet - I'm still getting a bit homesick.

Good to meet you.
Claire
Old Oct 12th 2006, 8:22 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm an Elsternwick person...here with husband....and a few friends knocking around too
Old Oct 12th 2006, 8:23 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Anyone in Melbourne??

Excellent!

Your name and the place you live are the same!!!

Now we are looking for a rare person with the Christian name Tasmania.

Why not come along to one of the meets - there's one on Frankston beach on 2nd December, you can find details in the "meet ups" section. I think we have about 50 people coming at the mo!

Buzzy
Old Oct 12th 2006, 8:41 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
Excellent!

Your name and the place you live are the same!!!

Now we are looking for a rare person with the Christian name Tasmania.

Why not come along to one of the meets - there's one on Frankston beach on 2nd December, you can find details in the "meet ups" section. I think we have about 50 people coming at the mo!

Buzzy

Oh...good
Old Oct 12th 2006, 8:47 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CasG
Oh...good
Or one of the excellent and much recommended curry nights which CasG organises.

Buzzy
Old Oct 12th 2006, 8:55 pm
Account Closed

Or one of the excellent and much recommended curry nights which CasG organises.

Buzzy
Yep

Next one down Brunswick Street on the 4th of November

Are you coming??
Old Oct 12th 2006, 9:04 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Yep

Next one down Brunswick Street on the 4th of November

Are you coming??
No. I will be in London. Any chance of organizing one for 25th November? I'm going out with a couple of peeps then anyway for one - but would love it if others could come too.

Buzzy
Old Oct 12th 2006, 9:07 pm
Account Closed

No. I will be in London. Any chance of organizing one for 25th November? I'm going out with a couple of peeps then anyway for one - but would love it if others could come too.

Buzzy
London....? that's no damn good !!

My Mum arrives on the 25th...

Could do a week or to after??
Old Oct 12th 2006, 11:34 pm
That's Dr Bitch to you

Sass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond repute

We could have pre-pre-Xmas drinks
then pre-xmas drinks
then xmas drinks

there's a theme running here

G'day to Vic and Claire.
Just down the road from Cas

Could do a week or to after??
Old Oct 12th 2006, 11:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Crumpers
Hi dadofmimi,

We're here in Melbourne too, also over in the west, Altona Meadows to be precise.

I was wondering the same as you, not having come across anyone from England as yet!

Steve and I arrived in June this year. Staying with my Dad at the moment, whilst getting settled, finding work etc. then going to decide what area we would like to live in more permanently.

I really like Williamstown, cycle there now and again when its not too windy!

I only found this site after arriving, think it would have been very useful back in the UK, with all the great information.

So where are you from in the UK? Are you feeling settled yet - I'm still getting a bit homesick.

Good to meet you.
Claire

Hello Claire

I'm not in Oz, but Melbourne is 1st on our list should we get the visa. Was looking at Altona on the realestate.com.au site, and was wondering what it was like. How do you find it for travelling into Melbourne CBD? Was also looking at Williamstown, any info would be appreciated.
Old Oct 13th 2006, 12:30 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

My Mum arrives on the 25th...

Poor Poor Carl.
Old Oct 13th 2006, 1:00 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Sass73
We could have pre-pre-Xmas drinks
then pre-xmas drinks
then xmas drinks

there's a theme running here

G'day to Vic and Claire.
Just down the road from Cas

Drinks
Xmas

Delete as applicable

Hello Vic and Claire.

Yes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.