Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone in maroochy?

Anyone in maroochy?

Old Oct 13th 2005, 8:27 am
BE Enthusiast

vikk will become famous soon enoughvikk will become famous soon enough
Default Anyone in maroochy?

Hello I moved to Maroochydore on Tuesday and was wondering if there were any other expats around the area. It'd be good to get in touch for a good chat if you are.
Old Oct 13th 2005, 9:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone in maroochy?

Originally Posted by vikk
Hello I moved to Maroochydore on Tuesday and was wondering if there were any other expats around the area. It'd be good to get in touch for a good chat if you are.
sorry vik, i'm not there but thought i'd bump this for you because its one of the places we are maybe looking to move too next year. it looks and sounds wonderful, i know its early days for you but what are your first impressions?

good luck and congratulations on making the move. hope you get some replies soon, keep us posted.

debbie
Old Oct 13th 2005, 11:09 pm
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

I'm gonna give you a bump as well, as I know there's plenty of people round that way.

Paul.
Old Oct 13th 2005, 11:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Loads of people have been asking about sunshine coast meet ups, I'll start a thread for the newbies and see what happens.

Oldies welcome too
Old Oct 13th 2005, 11:46 pm
Cleveland, Bayside

Rich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Vikk

I am so pleased for you mate havin your own place and making the BIG move up there. I hope that you have settled in and have chairs without spiders :scared:
We have been having cockroaches in the house the past few ays and gettin me all nervous!!!!

We will come and see ya just not sure when yet cos of Rich's shifts at work.

Don't fprget the BBQ on the 19th Nov (for yours and Aimee's birthday) either, invited some expats just need to get in touch with the pilot for you
You can stay overnight if you like save driving back up.

See you soon and take care of yourself hun
Ang & co xx
Old Oct 15th 2005, 1:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by debbiemc
sorry vik, i'm not there but thought i'd bump this for you because its one of the places we are maybe looking to move too next year. it looks and sounds wonderful, i know its early days for you but what are your first impressions?

good luck and congratulations on making the move. hope you get some replies soon, keep us posted.

debbie
Hiya Debbie, Well I can honestly say I have no friends, no family, no job, or a house of my own here but I have never been happier. I wake up with a really nice feeling in my stomach every morning like you used to get as a kid waking up on christmas morning. I keep thinking 'Oh my God I live here!' I keep giggling to myself. Just get yourselves over here!! Its hard work starting out again but so so so worth it. I cant imagine living anywhere more beautiful. Where exactly on the Sunshine Coast are you thinking of, or are you still undecided? Good luck x let me know how it goes. Vikk
Old Oct 15th 2005, 1:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by diddy
I'm gonna give you a bump as well, as I know there's plenty of people round that way.

Paul.
Thanks Paul, Where are you?
Old Oct 15th 2005, 1:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Thank you Jad n Rich. I got your PM so I'll do a search for it now. How long have you been here? Are you still loving it? Hope to catch up with you pretty soon. Vikk
Old Oct 15th 2005, 1:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks Ange, I'll give you a call later.
Old Oct 15th 2005, 6:49 am
now just Shaun...

Shaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant future

We intend to move to Maroochy in the summer 06, we are waiting for the visa to come through at the moment..., will join in a meet when we are there. Do you know what the job situation is like there for Quantity Surveyors by any chance? I know there are a few there but not many. Maroochy is a lovely place and I'm glad your enjying it. Good choice.
Good luck
Shaun
Old Oct 15th 2005, 7:04 am
BE Enthusiast

cantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to all

Hi Vikk.

Glad to see your havinf a fab time, see you next month i will PM you when we have a date.

Good luck with the job hunting.

Paula.
Old Oct 15th 2005, 7:57 am
BE Enthusiast

RAG62 will become famous soon enoughRAG62 will become famous soon enough

Hi Vikk

Sorry we did not say goodbye before you left but we have not been on the forum much lately.
Pleased to see you made it okay Maroochy was one of the places we fancied.
We got our visa last month and are planning on a trip out to validate next year.

I am sure that you will make lots of friends - just don't tell them you are scouse!!!
Rich & Gill
Old Oct 15th 2005, 8:02 am
Account Closed

ROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really nice

Maroochy is also very high on our list of possible places to settle in!!

Our agent said it was possibly one of the most beautiful spots on the Sunshine Coast!! (subjective of course).

Would be great to hear what it's like to live there........bit worried about work though......what with it being so quiet n'all that!
Old Oct 15th 2005, 2:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya Debbie, Well I can honestly say I have no friends, no family, no job, or a house of my own here but I have never been happier. I wake up with a really nice feeling in my stomach every morning like you used to get as a kid waking up on christmas morning. I keep thinking 'Oh my God I live here!' I keep giggling to myself. Just get yourselves over here!! Its hard work starting out again but so so so worth it. I cant imagine living anywhere more beautiful. Where exactly on the Sunshine Coast are you thinking of, or are you still undecided? Good luck x let me know how it goes. Vikk
hiya vikk,

thanks for replying. you sound really happy, good or you and i hope it it lasts for ever.

i have just sent off for my QLD registration (nursing) and then will do the modified skills assessment. go matilda are starting our application but unfortunately, we are having to get a court order to remove my kids, 1st court date 7th nov! so that could take months.

me and my daughter travelled from sydney to rainbow beach, noosa a couple of years ago and loved it up there. we have been looking at the redland area mainly because i could commute to mater childrens but i really dont want to work in a big teaching hospital again and am looking to work in a district general or community.

maroochy looks wonderful, and by the looks of it, others think so too. anyway vikk, keep us posted and if by any chance you know of a hospital in the area, see if theres a kids ward for me please

good luck and be happy debbie x
Old Oct 15th 2005, 11:23 pm
Cleveland, Bayside

Rich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond repute

Well I can honestly say I have no friends, no family, no job, or a house of my own here but I have never been happier. Vikk
Hey Billy no mates you have plenty of friends here you just they are expats and not your school mates or drinkin mates.....

There's us, Mary & co, Tracey & co, karen & Mick, Donna & co and when you come to the BBQ you will meet more.

Try to be a bit more positive Vikk please cos hey we even ordered a sofa bed yesterday that will be here for the 19th.

Work will happen it just takes a bit longer cos of the protocol...... your family will come for a visit to see what a beautiful place you live in.

See you next weekend MATEY

Ang, Rich & girls x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.