Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone from Manchester moving to Oz??

Wikiposts

Anyone from Manchester moving to Oz??

Old Apr 9th 2005, 1:53 am
Forum Regular

rita is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Anyone from Manchester moving to Oz??

hi,
Im from Oldham-Gtr manchester. Must say i miss manchester whilst Im out there (home for holiday now-got spouse visa last month! Can work at last!!) dont' laugh! I miss the nightlife and its more exciting city than brisbane and never stop missing family and friends but you learn to live with it!!! Must say ive been there on and off for 2 years now and they're finally starting to come round to our (better!) sense of humour-the office etc thank god!! Can only take so much american sitcoms! My boyfriends actually is starting to get peter kay-took a while. Tried him on League of gentlemen that's a bit trickier.

Im going back may 1st too-anyone got any room in their container for a box or two and headin to Brisbane soon please PM me!!!

Last comment- i think and my boyfriend (aussie) noticed whilst he was over here the kids (with a few exceptions) seem a lot better behaved/more considerate over there. Don't ask me why-maybe they get outside more. But I have never seen kids drunk on back of buses or fighting in the streets or vandalising bus stops etc etc which I see regulary here. Maybe its just that I haven't seen it but you just don't hear about it as much. I reckon teaching might be easier out there?

Good luck and be prepared to have your ascent laughed at regulary( does anyone else say 'vegitubels' or is that just me?!)
Old Apr 9th 2005, 2:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Sue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Manc
I'm not in Australia.
But I'm from Sale originally.
so hello.
Plenty of us from Sale coming out. I'm flying to Brisbane 30th June with family to follow (hubby Jon, Dave (18) and Jake (12). Met another couple from Sale (Steve and Tracy, also coming out).
Old Apr 9th 2005, 2:54 am
Forum Regular

Hazel T has a brilliant futureHazel T has a brilliant futureHazel T has a brilliant futureHazel T has a brilliant futureHazel T has a brilliant futureHazel T has a brilliant futureHazel T has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by JJL family
hi were from manchester (gtr manchester) farnworth , bolton home of the world famous PHOENIX CLUB !!!

we are off to the goldcoast 16th june everything done and raring to go.

lesley, john and joe !!!!
Hi lesley, john and joe

we live just down the road from you in Walkden, we have visa just waiting for house sale to go through hoping to go end of April, all being well, we are going about 25 mins from the gold coast a place called springwood, where abouts are you heading to at the gold coast.. As for the phoenix club we have drove past there many a time to show the kids where it was filmed !!
would be nice to keep in touch and see how you get on when you get there?

Hazel, Gary, Brad & Cody
Old Apr 9th 2005, 4:51 am
Forum Regular

g-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Jessica Rabbit
Yes I am the police!! (only joking) We are hoping to go to Toowoomba in Queensland and no we dont have our visas yet as we only applied about a month ago so we are still in the early stages yet.

I feel the same about leaving this country. Me and my hubby dont have kids yet but when we do we dont want them living in this country as it is getting worse all of the time.
hi we are also in the early stages, TRA stage, we are not to far away from manchester we live in cumbria and Toowoomba is on our short list ( it is fav at the moment)

G-MAN
Old Apr 9th 2005, 10:23 am
Just Joined

mel n jay is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I am new to this and was just wondering if anyone from Manchester is on-line?

Me and my husbans are from Manchester and are 25 and 28 and are hoping to move to Queensland by next June.

Just wondered if anybody else is going through the same thing in the area??
Julie
I have just sent my application back to the agent 139 skilled designated area sponsored, if all goes well will be leavining sunny Rochdale soon with husband 34, two boys 13 & 12 for new life/adventure in Queensland.
Old Apr 9th 2005, 10:36 am
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Anyone from Manchester moving to Oz??

hiya mel n jay

we are also from rochdale, and just submitted our tra application, where abouts in rochdale are you? good luck to all from the north who are trying to get into aus......

michelle
Old Apr 9th 2005, 12:44 pm
wombat42

Hi, I am new to this and was just wondering if anyone from Manchester is on-line?

Me and my husbans are from Manchester and are 25 and 28 and are hoping to move to Queensland by next June.

Just wondered if anybody else is going through the same thing in the area??
Julie
Why would you want to leave the blue skies, sun, surf and golden sands of Manchester and move to Queensland.

Last edited by wombat42; Apr 9th 2005 at 12:48 pm.

Old Apr 9th 2005, 1:40 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, Sorry but no offers on the ticket. Just out of interest where do you live now??
Michigan USA.
good luck you guys on your move.
Old Apr 9th 2005, 9:08 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by bun
hiya mel n jay

we are also from rochdale, and just submitted our tra application, where abouts in rochdale are you? good luck to all from the north who are trying to get into aus......

michelle
Hi Michelle

We live in Newhey, I got my skill assessment back in just one month which shocked me, I have been hanging on to the main application for over a month and have only just got the courage up to post it think I was worried that it would all happen too quick!. Where abouts are you planning on moving too?
Old Apr 9th 2005, 9:43 pm
Forum Regular

The Hun is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by kiddij
Hi

Saw your post. We're from Davyhulme. Any luck selling your house yet? Ours has been on since September!

All the best.
Kind of. We've had a offer of asking price, trouble is the girl who wants it has a flat in Whalley Range and can't seem to sell it.

You go in the Moss?
Old Apr 9th 2005, 10:41 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

hi mel n jay

wow, a month!!!! that was quick!! what trade, was it done via the TRA? that is really quick, we were quoted 3 months. we are hoping to go to new south wales, my brother lives there, in a place called anna bay, it's meant to be really nice, with beaches etc (3 hour drive north of sydney). where abouts are you guys going? have you got kiddies, we've got 2, 7 and 3.

michelle
Old Apr 10th 2005, 7:46 am
crazy, sexy,cool member

Jessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=JJL family]
Wow, would love to hear how it all went when you come back.

Hi julie,] won't be coming back cause we're going for good but will let you know how we're going on as soon as we get settled

where are you heading too ???

lesley
Hi Lesley, We are moving to Toowoomba. Would be great to here from you once you are settled.

Good luck
Julie
Old Apr 10th 2005, 9:41 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by bun
hi mel n jay

wow, a month!!!! that was quick!! what trade, was it done via the TRA? that is really quick, we were quoted 3 months. we are hoping to go to new south wales, my brother lives there, in a place called anna bay, it's meant to be really nice, with beaches etc (3 hour drive north of sydney). where abouts are you guys going? have you got kiddies, we've got 2, 7 and 3.

michelle
Hi Michelle

I am a social worker/nurse in the UK but OZ do not recognise my qualification as a social worker which is the area I work in at the moment as I have a three year diploma not a degree, will have to do a conversion course in OZ if I wish to continue my line of work, it's frustrating but I think would be a bonus as not sure of their law's etc so will take a year out and study, will be a nice break!.

I had my skills assessed through the AIWCW as a welfare worker still gives me 60 points if I needed them. What is your area of work being assessed under tra?.

Which visa are you going for?,I have gone with the advice of the agent and gone for the 139 skilled designated area sponsored route, my mum's brother is my sponsor.

My husband and children have not been to Australia, I have and loved it but it was a holiday will be very different to live there, have you visited?

We are planning on settling in Queensland hopefully will be near my uncle who lives on Bribie Island, but I have family in Brisbane, Cairns and a couple of cousins who now live in Sydney so dont really mind it's all part of the adventure.

We have two boy's who are 13 & 12 who are not sure it's a good idea to move from Newhey never mind the UK!. How do your little one's feels about it, I wish we had thought of going while ours were little as they dont have a busy social life when they are very young.

I have not discussed my move with my family either as my sister cried at the thought of me thinking about going! she say's she doe's not blame me for wanting to go just does not want me to. Husband's family all ok about it but we only see them at Christmas, wedding's, funeral's and birthday's etc as they all live so far away.

Mel
Old Apr 10th 2005, 10:14 am
Now..just your usual Pom

C.Owen is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The Hun
Grew up on Norwich Road in Lostock, went to Lostock School. Now live in Gorse Hill, and i can't wait to get to Brisbane.
Well it couldn't be much closer ......

I grew up on Brompton Rd, in between Norwich Rd and Glastonbury Rd ..

What's your surname ?

If you want drop me a mial with details on if you don't want to stick it on here .... [email protected]
Old Apr 10th 2005, 9:44 pm
crazy, sexy,cool member

Jessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wombat42
Why would you want to leave the blue skies, sun, surf and golden sands of Manchester and move to Queensland.
te he. I have no idea, Manchester is so hot and beautiful. I might stay here instead of moving to Queensland, what do you think?? ...... I dont think so.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.