Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone from Manchester moving to Oz??

Wikiposts

Anyone from Manchester moving to Oz??

Old Apr 7th 2005, 3:22 am
Paul, Louise, Laura & Amy

gajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant future
Default Re: Anyone from Manchester moving to Oz??

Originally Posted by Jessica Rabbit
Hi, I am new to this and was just wondering if anyone from Manchester is on-line?

Me and my husbans are from Manchester and are 25 and 28 and are hoping to move to Queensland by next June.

Just wondered if anybody else is going through the same thing in the area??
Julie
Hi Julie,

I was born in Golborne near Wigan (down the East Lancs to Manchester), and lived there until I was 24 (1994), my parents and our Jane (sister) still live there.

Now live in Surrey with all these Southerners.

Just about to embark on a life changing experience and moving to Perth. We leave on 27th April!!!!

Good luck with your application and move. I'm sure it'll be well worth it.
Old Apr 7th 2005, 3:26 am
crazy, sexy,cool member

Jessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by threlly
Hi,
i am nervous about the flight but thats all. i cant wait to get over there, travel and then start my new life. we will look for jobs once in sydney. i am a teacher and bf is in IT, we r planning on having a baby (i have just turned 33) soon after we get there, so i plan to spend my life on the beach. have u been to Toowoomba? i am not sure if i have been there, the name sounds familiar though
cheers

have
Hi threlly, No we have never even been to Oz before. We have friends that live there so we are hoping to live near them in Towoomba. They went last year and like us they never visited Oz before they went there to live. I like the sound of spending time on the beach though, it makes me jealous boo hoo!!. Are you going to teach when you get there?? Good luck with having a baby.
Old Apr 7th 2005, 3:30 am
crazy, sexy,cool member

Jessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gajjitt
Hi Julie,

I was born in Golborne near Wigan (down the East Lancs to Manchester), and lived there until I was 24 (1994), my parents and our Jane (sister) still live there.

Now live in Surrey with all these Southerners.

Just about to embark on a life changing experience and moving to Perth. We leave on 27th April!!!!

Good luck with your application and move. I'm sure it'll be well worth it.
Hi Gajjitt, Thanks very much, So you are going to Perth, thats great, Are you all packed up and ready to go now then? Any last minute changes of heart?? Yeah right, and stay here in lovely England ha ha
Old Apr 7th 2005, 3:48 am
Paul, Louise, Laura & Amy

gajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant future
Talking Re: Anyone from Manchester moving to Oz??

Hi Gajjitt, Thanks very much, So you are going to Perth, thats great, Are you all packed up and ready to go now then? Any last minute changes of heart?? Yeah right, and stay here in lovely England ha ha
Hi Julie,

Nope not packed at all yet. We just have piles of stuff, one for car boot sale, one for shippers, one for the luggage, and one we're not sure of. Probably offload some stuff on family, and the buyers of our flat are interesting in some stuff.

It hasn't been too hectic yet, though I'm sure it's gonna get heaps worse yet.

Nope, absolutely no last minute changes of heart. Try living in Surrey for 7 years, that's enough to make you wanna get out of here. Thought of moving back up North, but somehow Australia seemed better What lovely weather we have here in blighty, the only good thing about Surrey is that they had marginally less rain than back home. That's about it. No way, I'm a going, and nothing is gonna stop me.

All the best Julie, take care

Paul
Old Apr 7th 2005, 3:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Manchester UK to Sydney, then decided Gold Coast, stayed there for 8 months and now back in sydney
threlly is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: Anyone from Manchester moving to Oz??

Hi,
i dont really want to teach when i get to oz, i fancy a change but dont know what work to do-i fancy a job with no stress. teaching is hard work and there are too many disruptive kids who stop u from teaching. i think there are the same probs in oz. i will only do teaching to earn money while deciding what to do. i suppose it all depends on whether we have a baby as well-my bf wants 3 or 4 kids. i will see how i feel after having 1 then decide
cheers

Hi threlly, No we have never even been to Oz before. We have friends that live there so we are hoping to live near them in Towoomba. They went last year and like us they never visited Oz before they went there to live. I like the sound of spending time on the beach though, it makes me jealous boo hoo!!. Are you going to teach when you get there?? Good luck with having a baby.
Old Apr 7th 2005, 6:00 am
Forum Regular

MarkO'G is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I am new to this and was just wondering if anyone from Manchester is on-line?

Me and my husbans are from Manchester and are 25 and 28 and are hoping to move to Queensland by next June.

Julie

Hi Julie,

I'm a Mancunian in exile down on the South Coast. Not lived there for a few years now, but all my family are still up there. We get up there a good few times a year to see the family, watch United and visit the Curry mile!!! (God do I miss Rusholme - always make a bee line there when at home .

We have our visa (Hooray!!!) and are off on a validation trip at the end of this month. Still undecided where to live and when to make the move.

Good luck in the process. We are spending a couple of weeks in the Brisbane area on our validation trip. We have visited before when backpacking, but now we want to check out places and areas to live.

Cheers

Mark
Old Apr 7th 2005, 9:30 am
crazy, sexy,cool member

Originally Posted by MarkO'G
Hi Julie,

I'm a Mancunian in exile down on the South Coast. Not lived there for a few years now, but all my family are still up there. We get up there a good few times a year to see the family, watch United and visit the Curry mile!!! (God do I miss Rusholme - always make a bee line there when at home .

We have our visa (Hooray!!!) and are off on a validation trip at the end of this month. Still undecided where to live and when to make the move.

Good luck in the process. We are spending a couple of weeks in the Brisbane area on our validation trip. We have visited before when backpacking, but now we want to check out places and areas to live.

Cheers

Mark
Hi Mark, nice to here from a fellow mancunian. What did you think of it last time you visited? Will you be logging on the forum when you come back so you can let us know how your trip went? It would be great to here how it all went.
Good luck with your trip, hope you have a great time
Julie
Old Apr 7th 2005, 10:07 am
Cleveland, Bayside

Rich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 4500 Times
We're hoping to be out in Brisbane later this year

Debs has a job offer @ Greenslopes Hospital.

Reason for going ???? Hmmmmmmm let me think ???????

WOW we are exactly the same.... we are off to Brisbane too hopefully August but we would go tomorrow if we could.

Also hubby Rich has a job @ Greenslopes Private Hospital
He is an acute respiratory nurse in non invasive ventilation.
What does Debs doand when is she supposed to be starting work.

Good Luck
Ang & Rich
Old Apr 8th 2005, 12:18 am
Forum Regular

Hi Mark, nice to here from a fellow mancunian. What did you think of it last time you visited? Will you be logging on the forum when you come back so you can let us know how your trip went? It would be great to here how it all went.
Good luck with your trip, hope you have a great time
Julie

Cheers Julie,

Yes, really looking forward to the trip. We are going for three weeks. First week in Melbourne, then staying with a mate on The Gold Coast and going to check out suburbs of Brisbane and then spend the final few days up in Noosa.

We were over on a working holiday visa last time for about 10 months. We both loved the Country. I have been planning my route back in to Australia since the wheels left the ground on our flight out of Brisbane almost 5 years ago. We just can't decide where to live, and when we make the move!!! Perth is our favourite (We spent a few months there working). We are spending more time in Brisbane this time to have a better look around and Melbourne is third choice. However, I felt comfortable in all the Cities.

I will post an update upon my return. I am currently annoying everyone at work now by counting down the days

Mark
Old Apr 8th 2005, 12:32 am
crazy, sexy,cool member

Unhappy Re: Anyone from Manchester moving to Oz??

Cheers Julie,

Yes, really looking forward to the trip. We are going for three weeks. First week in Melbourne, then staying with a mate on The Gold Coast and going to check out suburbs of Brisbane and then spend the final few days up in Noosa.

We were over on a working holiday visa last time for about 10 months. We both loved the Country. I have been planning my route back in to Australia since the wheels left the ground on our flight out of Brisbane almost 5 years ago. We just can't decide where to live, and when we make the move!!! Perth is our favourite (We spent a few months there working). We are spending more time in Brisbane this time to have a better look around and Melbourne is third choice. However, I felt comfortable in all the Cities.

I will post an update upon my return. I am currently annoying everyone at work now by counting down the days

Mark
Hi Mark, It would be great to see how you get on so I will look forward to hearing from you. I know what you mean about bugging people. All I talk about in work is oz and I am sure everyone is sick of listenning to me. It is permanently on my mind though so it is hard to talk about other things but I have to try and not let it take over my life. I really enjoy the forum because there are so many people having the same experiences and I can give my family and friends a break ha ha
HAve a great trip Mark
Julie
Old Apr 8th 2005, 2:18 am
Just Joined

Darren Gilbert is an unknown quantity at this point

Julie
hi,we mancunians do get around dont we,we have been here 18 months living in central coast nsw 1 hours drive from sydney,live 2 mins walk to the beach its a far cry from sunny gorton manchester,best move we ever made.hope everyone makes a home here
Old Apr 8th 2005, 2:32 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Darren Gilbert
hi,we mancunians do get around dont we,we have been here 18 months living in central coast nsw 1 hours drive from sydney,live 2 mins walk to the beach its a far cry from sunny gorton manchester,best move we ever made.hope everyone makes a home here

Hi Darren,

Gorton is similar to Australia with its sub tropical climate and laid back beach lifestyle. I spent the first few months of my life there before moving a bit further out to Hattersley (near Hyde). Still have a lot of relatives living off Mount Rd.

If you miss it, try and catch Shameless on SBS (I think) as that was filmed on the estate by the old ICL building.

Cheers

Mark
Old Apr 8th 2005, 2:45 am
Just Joined

Darren Gilbert is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Darren,

Gorton is similar to Australia with its sub tropical climate and laid back beach lifestyle. I spent the first few months of my life there before moving a bit further out to Hattersley (near Hyde). Still have a lot of relatives living off Mount Rd.

If you miss it, try and catch Shameless on SBS (I think) as that was filmed on the estate by the old ICL building.

Cheers

Mark
hi mark when is it on,do u know i lived 5 mins from icl wouldnt mind seeing it
Old Apr 8th 2005, 2:52 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Darren Gilbert
hi mark when is it on,do u know i lived 5 mins from icl wouldnt mind seeing it

Hi Darren,

Don't know as unfortunately I am stuck here in the UK. There was a thread on here the other week about the programme, try doing a search. I'll try have a look in a while.

Bloody work is getting in the way of spending more time on here this afternoon!! Never mind soon be time for a beer

Mark
Old Apr 8th 2005, 2:56 am
crazy, sexy,cool member

Hi Darren,

Don't know as unfortunately I am stuck here in the UK. There was a thread on here the other week about the programme, try doing a search. I'll try have a look in a while.

Bloody work is getting in the way of spending more time on here this afternoon!! Never mind soon be time for a beer

Mark
AMEN!!!!! TO that beer, I am in the same boat as you, will have a glass of wine in my hand later

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.