Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone from Manchester moving to Oz??

Wikiposts

Anyone from Manchester moving to Oz??

Old Apr 6th 2005, 7:58 am
Kidd Family

kiddij will become famous soon enoughkiddij will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Anyone from Manchester moving to Oz??

My brother is in Strathpine, just north of Brisbane.

Not sure on the house selling front. We really need the money to buy a property in Oz. We would consider renting as we've done it before, but it's not a long term solution for us.

We are just hoping that someone will come along soon. Because we are doing the validation visit in August we have five years to go so in theory we can wait until it is sold. However I'm having trouble holding him indoors down until we go already so lord knows what he'll be like by December.

Good luck with your plans.
Old Apr 6th 2005, 8:04 am
crazy, sexy,cool member

Jessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kiddij
My brother is in Strathpine, just north of Brisbane.

Not sure on the house selling front. We really need the money to buy a property in Oz. We would consider renting as we've done it before, but it's not a long term solution for us.

We are just hoping that someone will come along soon. Because we are doing the validation visit in August we have five years to go so in theory we can wait until it is sold. However I'm having trouble holding him indoors down until we go already so lord knows what he'll be like by December.

Good luck with your plans.
Good luck to you too.
Old Apr 6th 2005, 11:42 am
BE Enthusiast

marysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nice

Hi Jessica
we are off to Brisbane on June 30th !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

House unsold
I have a job but Stu doesnt
reason for going easy
Life is to short to regret what we didnt do

cant wait

Sidey clan
Old Apr 6th 2005, 8:32 pm
PommieLeague

I came out here last august and married a Cheshire born Aussie in October.
Manchester born, Salford bred.
C'mon Salford Reds!

Old Apr 6th 2005, 9:16 pm
crazy, sexy,cool member

Jessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: Anyone from Manchester moving to Oz??

Originally Posted by marysidey
Hi Jessica
we are off to Brisbane on June 30th !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

House unsold
I have a job but Stu doesnt
reason for going easy
Life is to short to regret what we didnt do

cant wait

Sidey clan
Hi, I couldnt of put it better myself. Will you still be coming on the forum when you get to Brisbane?? It would be nice to find out how you are settling in.
Good luck to you!!
Old Apr 6th 2005, 9:18 pm
crazy, sexy,cool member

Originally Posted by PommieLeague
I came out here last august and married a Cheshire born Aussie in October.
Manchester born, Salford bred.
C'mon Salford Reds!
Do you have any regrets about moving atall??
Old Apr 7th 2005, 2:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Manchester UK to Sydney, then decided Gold Coast, stayed there for 8 months and now back in sydney
threlly is on a distinguished road

Hi Jessica Rabbit,
good luck with the whole process, hope it works out for you. I am in Manchester with my bf and we fly out to Oz on may 1st. we fly to cairns and travel down the east coast for about 10 weeks till we get to sydney. once in sydney we r staying with aussie friends while we look for an apartment by or near the sea and jobs etc. i have been planning this move since 1999 and cant wait to get over there. i am originally from Boston in Lincs, but bf is from manchester.
good luck

Originally Posted by Jessica Rabbit
Hi, I am new to this and was just wondering if anyone from Manchester is on-line?

Me and my husbans are from Manchester and are 25 and 28 and are hoping to move to Queensland by next June.

Just wondered if anybody else is going through the same thing in the area??
Julie
Old Apr 7th 2005, 2:43 am
Lets Rock !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute

We're hoping to be out in Brisbane later this year

Debs has a job offer @ Greenslopes Hospital.

Reason for going ???? Hmmmmmmm let me think ???????

Old Apr 7th 2005, 2:49 am
crazy, sexy,cool member

Talking Re: Anyone from Manchester moving to Oz??

Originally Posted by threlly
Hi Jessica Rabbit,
good luck with the whole process, hope it works out for you. I am in Manchester with my bf and we fly out to Oz on may 1st. we fly to cairns and travel down the east coast for about 10 weeks till we get to sydney. once in sydney we r staying with aussie friends while we look for an apartment by or near the sea and jobs etc. i have been planning this move since 1999 and cant wait to get over there. i am originally from Boston in Lincs, but bf is from manchester.
good luck

Hi, thanks very much, Are you nervous atall about leaving yet? What are you going to do for a living when you get there? It is all very exciting. We only sent our application off about a month ago so we are still in the early stages but we are hoping to go to Toowoomba in Queensland. I am so scared and excited at the same time, we have ages to wait yet but its not lon for you now.
Old Apr 7th 2005, 2:53 am
crazy, sexy,cool member

Originally Posted by 4500 Times
We're hoping to be out in Brisbane later this year

Debs has a job offer @ Greenslopes Hospital.

Reason for going ???? Hmmmmmmm let me think ???????

I know what you mean, good luck to you
Old Apr 7th 2005, 2:57 am
BE Enthusiast

matt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, I am new to this and was just wondering if anyone from Manchester is on-line?

Me and my husbans are from Manchester and are 25 and 28 and are hoping to move to Queensland by next June.

Just wondered if anybody else is going through the same thing in the area??
Julie
Hi there, me and Matt are from Bradford, (but we consider Manchester our adopted city, we both did uni there). We are 25/26 and are moving to Brisbane on April 25th. We've just had our last weekend out in Manchester. We went out to the Gurka Grill on Burton Road (West Didsbury, where we used to live) and the Music Box on Oxford Road.
I'm an Aussie permanent Resident, and Matt has been over to Oz before, and now he's emigrating.
Good Luck with your move!
Old Apr 7th 2005, 2:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Manchester UK to Sydney, then decided Gold Coast, stayed there for 8 months and now back in sydney
Smile Re: Anyone from Manchester moving to Oz??

Hi,
i am nervous about the flight but thats all. i cant wait to get over there, travel and then start my new life. we will look for jobs once in sydney. i am a teacher and bf is in IT, we r planning on having a baby (i have just turned 33) soon after we get there, so i plan to spend my life on the beach. have u been to Toowoomba? i am not sure if i have been there, the name sounds familiar though
cheers

have
Hi, thanks very much, Are you nervous atall about leaving yet? What are you going to do for a living when you get there? It is all very exciting. We only sent our application off about a month ago so we are still in the early stages but we are hoping to go to Toowoomba in Queensland. I am so scared and excited at the same time, we have ages to wait yet but its not lon for you now.
Old Apr 7th 2005, 3:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Smile Re: Anyone from Manchester moving to Oz??

Hi matt-and-jenny,
just read your thread. we live just down the road from the gurka grill. we eat there a lot and will defo be going again b4 we leave manchester on may 1st. did u go in the metropolitan as well. its a bit too pricey there, as is the assembly.
good luck with your new life
cheers

Originally Posted by matt-and-jenny
Hi there, me and Matt are from Bradford, (but we consider Manchester our adopted city, we both did uni there). We are 25/26 and are moving to Brisbane on April 25th. We've just had our last weekend out in Manchester. We went out to the Gurka Grill on Burton Road (West Didsbury, where we used to live) and the Music Box on Oxford Road.
I'm an Aussie permanent Resident, and Matt has been over to Oz before, and now he's emigrating.
Old Apr 7th 2005, 3:11 am
BE Enthusiast

matt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by threlly
Hi matt-and-jenny,
just read your thread. we live just down the road from the gurka grill. we eat there a lot and will defo be going again b4 we leave manchester on may 1st. did u go in the metropolitan as well. its a bit too pricey there, as is the assembly.
good luck with your new life
cheers
Hi
Yeah, we used to drink in the Met and the Woodstock - when we felt flush! We lived inbetween them on Burton Road. A lot of the restaurants changed down there haven't they? When I lived there it was Felix and Cachumba... Gurka Grill is v. nice though! If we were staying in the UK, I would like to move back to West Didsbury.
Old Apr 7th 2005, 3:16 am
crazy, sexy,cool member

Wink Re: Anyone from Manchester moving to Oz??

Originally Posted by matt-and-jenny
Hi, we have never been to Oz before and we will not be going until it is time for us to go and live there. Not long to go now then for you. Do you still have family there? I hope you have a great life there and good luck with the move.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.