British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Anyone Living in Townsville (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/anyone-living-townsville-498073/)

drdan Dec 28th 2007 6:37 pm

Re: Anyone Living in Townsville

I have Katy (10) and Isaac (6).

Danny

Originally Posted by iwilldoit (Post 5710016)
Hi All
Im up for a meetup in a couple of weeks, anyone with children as i have a 5year old.............
sharon and david:thumbup: and just to sound really thick here, what day is aussie day.........?

ireland Dec 30th 2007 6:37 pm

Hi All

We are heading to Townsville on the 30/01/08, cant wait looking forward to meeting up with old friends (Jim and Trish) and meeting new friends .

MORCPOM1 Jan 1st 2008 2:22 pm

HI TO ALL LIVING IN TOWNSVILLE
HOPE YOU DON'T MIND ME JOINING IN YOUR THREAD. WE ARE HOPING TO MOVE TO TOWNSVILLE SOMETIME IN APRIL 08. WOULD LOVE SOME FEED BACK FROM PEOPLE ALREADY THERE. WE ARE APPLYING UNDER THE SPOUSE VISA ME BEING THE AUSTRALIAN. HAVE A LITTLE GIRL OF 9. WOULD LOVE TO KNOW ANY INFO ON RENTING HOUSES OR WHAT AREA. SHOULD I ORGANIZE SCHOOLS BEFORE COMING OR WAIT? SOZ FOR ALL THE QUESTIONS THINK NERVES ARE KICKING IN NOW. ALTHOUGH AN OZZIE BEEN AWAY FOR OVER 13 YEARS. WOULD LOVE TO MEET UP WITH PEOPLE FOR A BBQ ON THE BEACH WHEN WE ARRIVE.:thumbsup::thumbsup: WE HAVE BEEN LIVING IN LANCASHIRE UK.

iwilldoit Jan 8th 2008 11:26 pm

Originally Posted by MORCPOM1 (Post 5725985)
HI TO ALL LIVING IN TOWNSVILLE
HOPE YOU DON'T MIND ME JOINING IN YOUR THREAD. WE ARE HOPING TO MOVE TO TOWNSVILLE SOMETIME IN APRIL 08. WOULD LOVE SOME FEED BACK FROM PEOPLE ALREADY THERE. WE ARE APPLYING UNDER THE SPOUSE VISA ME BEING THE AUSTRALIAN. HAVE A LITTLE GIRL OF 9. WOULD LOVE TO KNOW ANY INFO ON RENTING HOUSES OR WHAT AREA. SHOULD I ORGANIZE SCHOOLS BEFORE COMING OR WAIT? SOZ FOR ALL THE QUESTIONS THINK NERVES ARE KICKING IN NOW. ALTHOUGH AN OZZIE BEEN AWAY FOR OVER 13 YEARS. WOULD LOVE TO MEET UP WITH PEOPLE FOR A BBQ ON THE BEACH WHEN WE ARRIVE.:thumbsup::thumbsup: WE HAVE BEEN LIVING IN LANCASHIRE UK.

Hi
Sorry for the late reply...but better late than never, we have been here now for nearly 4 weeks........i should imagine things have risen slightly in price since you were here, we are renting at the moment and paying 370 per week, that allows you a nice house bungalow style on a nice estate, we are in Douglas and its lovely and clean, anything less than this you will e looking at the older properties in the older parts of town, not really to my liking, townsville is wonderfull everything is about 15 mins away. the beach the shops, the people are really helpfull and friendly, i did look into getting my daughter into a school prior to us arriving, but they have catchment areas for each school, so unless you know your address ect it will impossible to get your children in. if you have any further questions i will be happy to try and help out, and we will always be looking for new friends here soooooooo barby on the beach sounds good...
sharon:thumbsup:

pasty legs Jan 9th 2008 1:15 pm

Hi Sharon

Glad you are settling in well and enjoying Townsville. We have two little girls aged 3 and 5, so if we all get together at least they can play with each other.

PM me if you want to meet up for a coffee.

Sara x

MORCPOM1 Jan 10th 2008 11:13 am

Originally Posted by iwilldoit (Post 5760683)
Hi
Sorry for the late reply...but better late than never, we have been here now for nearly 4 weeks........i should imagine things have risen slightly in price since you were here, we are renting at the moment and paying 370 per week, that allows you a nice house bungalow style on a nice estate, we are in Douglas and its lovely and clean, anything less than this you will e looking at the older properties in the older parts of town, not really to my liking, townsville is wonderfull everything is about 15 mins away. the beach the shops, the people are really helpfull and friendly, i did look into getting my daughter into a school prior to us arriving, but they have catchment areas for each school, so unless you know your address ect it will impossible to get your children in. if you have any further questions i will be happy to try and help out, and we will always be looking for new friends here soooooooo barby on the beach sounds good...
sharon:thumbsup:

Hi Sharon thanks for your reply, Douglas sounds like an ideal area. What age are your children we have girl of 9 going on 29 sometimes!!! Thanks for information on schools thats one thing I can cross of the list. What are the schools like in Douglas, looking for a school no larger than 500 children (junior).

Can you give us any advice on what things your shipped with you. Not sure if we should buy new beds ect. and ship them whilst the sales are on over here. Or is it cheaper to get them over there? Sorry for all the questions hope you don't mind. Would love to meet up when we arrive would be nice to have a BBQ on the Strand. We are from sunny Morecambe where are you originally from?