Reload this Page >

Anyone Living in Mackay?

Anyone Living in Mackay?

Old Nov 23rd 2007, 9:48 pm
Just Joined

Into Oz we hope is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone Living in Mackay?

Hello, We are a family of four (two kids 7 and 3). Hopefully moving to Mackay
next year. Wondering if anyone living, or been there could tell us anything about this area. We do know that it will be very hot in the summer. Any other info would be appreicated.
Regards Gary
Old Nov 23rd 2007, 10:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone Living in Mackay?

Originally Posted by Into Oz we hope
next year. Wondering if anyone living, or been there could tell us anything about this area. We do know that it will be very hot in the summer. Any other info would be appreicated.
Regards Gary
Have a search (box up top) lots of mixed threads on it.
Old Nov 24th 2007, 4:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

hollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud of

Hi
We are hopefully migrating to Mackay in April 2008 subject to visas!
There are few folk on here who live in Mackay. I guess you have seen the Mackay Council Website and Mackay Region website? Both very good.
Keep in touch....we might be neighbours!
Alan and Kim
Old Nov 25th 2007, 1:58 pm
joke c

john channon has a spectacular aura aboutjohn channon has a spectacular aura aboutjohn channon has a spectacular aura about

Regards Gary
we are moving out there in april 2008,with 3 kids ,house prices are growing every day,i have family out there we live in scotland and we cannot wait to move over there,i thought mackay was a great place,and best of all very very warm ,not like scotland.
Old Nov 25th 2007, 2:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

hollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud of

Hi John,
We are in Scotland too and are planning to go in April 2008.
Are you flying with Emirates? You get a free hotel room with them..kind of handy for folk like us with kids!
You are right about house prices...we want a house in Mount Pleasant or near north Mackay and they are going up all the time...just hope we sell ours at a good price.
It's a small world!
HKA
X
Old Nov 25th 2007, 5:06 pm
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

Regards Gary
As temps go, Mackay is no hotter than anywhere else in the Summer really... Up here in Cairns (where it's usually a bit hotter) I find the current temps/humidity absolutely fine; love it in fact....

Melb'n way down south is often hotter than both places at this time of year; it got up to, I think 38 down there a few days back! Both Cairns and Mackay are considered parts of the 'Wet Tropics' as opposed to Townsville which is between the two which is in the 'Dry Tropics'. The main difference however between Melb'n and North Qld, is the summer humidity which is way higher up here, and the more consistently high temps. Most rainfall falls in the summer. Our winter temps are much milder too, which is why both Cairns and Mackay are tropical. You will rarely be out of shorts at any time of year (until you acclimatise at least...) whilst in winter down south they'll be in warm woollies and jackets!

A good friend of mine who's lived up here for over 30 years and has lived in both Cairns and Mackay said she liked the place. Never been there myself (though I've been through it at about 4am in he morning!) so I can't comment.

Hope this helps a bit (t least re: climate)
Old Nov 25th 2007, 9:10 pm
Just Joined

Thumbs up Re: Anyone Living in Mackay?

Hello, We are hoping to move early(ish) in the new year, got our visa's ,just A small matter of trying to sell the house.
thanks for info ,
hope to see you soon.
Old Nov 25th 2007, 9:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

LINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Into Oz we hope

I live in Mackay if you need any information just drop us a pm and i will gladly send you some information on things here.

Lindzi
Old Nov 25th 2007, 10:06 pm
Just Joined

Hello Linzi, Any particulars area of Mackay suitable for a family of four, ie school for a 7 year old, houses, suitable beaches nearby, etc. We don't know exactly when we will be coming (sooner the better) . I believe there is plenty to do for the kids. I think I would be working in Mackay so I dont know how far it would be to drive from any places outside Mackay. Any advice would be useful,thankyou
Gary
Old Nov 25th 2007, 10:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

LINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Into Oz we hope

I have sent you a Pm

Lindzi
Old Nov 26th 2007, 8:31 am
Forum Regular

Latona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud of

Hello Linzi, Any particulars area of Mackay suitable for a family of four, ie school for a 7 year old, houses, suitable beaches nearby, etc. We don't know exactly when we will be coming (sooner the better) . I believe there is plenty to do for the kids. I think I would be working in Mackay so I dont know how far it would be to drive from any places outside Mackay. Any advice would be useful,thankyou
Gary
hi gary
hope all goes well ,if theres any info you need just ask out as we have three kids 6 , 12, and 14 and we have now been in mackay for just over a year
peter and denise
Old Nov 26th 2007, 10:39 am
Aussie in Hertfordshire

moocow has a brilliant futuremoocow has a brilliant futuremoocow has a brilliant futuremoocow has a brilliant futuremoocow has a brilliant futuremoocow has a brilliant future

one of the first things you must go and see is the platypus's at Eungella national park. their are not many places you can see them as well as here. it makes for a nice day out and if the weather is clear you can see all the way to Mackay and the coast.
Old Nov 26th 2007, 11:00 am
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moocow
one of the first things you must go and see is the platypus's at Eungella national park. their are not many places you can see them as well as here. it makes for a nice day out and if the weather is clear you can see all the way to Mackay and the coast.
Eungella's famous for them...
Old Nov 26th 2007, 9:12 pm
Just Joined

[QUOTE=Latona;5601120]hi gary
hope all goes well ,if theres any info you need just ask out as we have three kids 6 , 12, and 14 and we have now been in mackay for just over a year
peter and denise[/thanks for help ,regards Gary]
Old Nov 26th 2007, 9:16 pm
Forum Regular

j and k has a spectacular aura aboutj and k has a spectacular aura aboutj and k has a spectacular aura about

ANY CROCS IN MACKAY OR ARE THEY FURTHER UP? NOT SCARED JUST WONDERING! HONESTLY!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.