Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone living in ADELAIDE ???

Anyone living in ADELAIDE ???

Old Apr 3rd 2005, 12:52 am
BE Enthusiast

65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice
Question Anyone living in ADELAIDE ???

Hi All,

My wife and I have been renting in Melbourne now since December, were struggling to get jobs and its seems just as much a rat-race here as the UK.
Were thinking of relocating to Adelaide. Were willing to do most jobs, Is anyone areadly living there, whats the job scene like, what do you make of the place?

Would really appreciate some feedback.
Many thanks,
65KK
Old Apr 3rd 2005, 3:09 am
Forum Regular

chew is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone living in ADELAIDE ???

try this site first

http://s2.invisionfree.com/Adelaideb...hp?showforum=1
Old Apr 3rd 2005, 8:12 am
BE Enthusiast

65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice

Thanks Chew for the link, we have registered and posted our question there.

Cheers
65KK
Old Apr 3rd 2005, 9:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Ialibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 65 million
Hi All,

My wife and I have been renting in Melbourne now since December, were struggling to get jobs and its seems just as much a rat-race here as the UK.
Were thinking of relocating to Adelaide. Were willing to do most jobs, Is anyone areadly living there, whats the job scene like, what do you make of the place?

Would really appreciate some feedback.
Many thanks,
65KK
If you ask the average Sydneysider or Melburnian, the answer will be "Not very many" :-))
Old Apr 3rd 2005, 11:29 am

Flying Banana is an unknown quantity at this point

Adelaide was actually my first choice as I have friends there and lived there for a year some time ago. I chose Melbourne too as job situation here seemed better but not haing much luck so far. I still like Melbourne but the pace of life in Adelaide is much slower.

What trade/occupation are you in just out of interest?

Also one thing, have you signed a longer lease on a rental property? If so and you come out of it early you could be liable for penalties.

For jobs search on www.seek.com.au www.mycareer.com.au www.careerone.com.au

I'm including Adelaide in my job searches now but am going to stay put in Melbourne until something comes up, relocating won't take too long and I reckon most employers would wait a few weeks as they would probably expect someone to have to give notice if they were already working. Seems silly to spend the money relocating and then face the same problem all over again.