British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Anyone know where Whiskeys restaurant is? I want to visit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/anyone-know-where-whiskeys-restaurant-i-want-visit-215938/)

janeyray Mar 9th 2004 11:27 am

Anyone know where Whiskeys restaurant is? I want to visit

Just wondered if anyone was still in contact with Whiskey? I wanted to go and visit the new restaurant she opened or is opening? Does anyone know where abouts in Rockingham it is?

I think it's called 'Stones Throw' but I may be wrong?

Anyone?:confused:

ABCDiamond Mar 9th 2004 11:34 am

Re: Anyone know where Whiskeys restaurant is? I want to visit

Originally posted by janeyray
Just wondered if anyone was still in contact with Whiskey? I wanted to go and visit the new restaurant she opened or is opening? Does anyone know where abouts in Rockingham it is?

Is this any use ?

Stones Throw Cafe
Shop 3/7 Railway Terrace ROCKINGHAM WA 6168.

I found it in a liquor licence approval listing. :)

janeyray Mar 9th 2004 11:37 am

Oh Yes, this could be it! Thanks a lot!:D

hutchy Mar 9th 2004 12:34 pm

Re: Anyone know where Whiskeys restaurant is? I want to visit

Originally posted by janeyray

Yes it is and it is right next to the beach next door to an italian restaurant,on the main strip in rockingham, popped in a few times for a lovely latte but not had a meal yet, it always looks busy though..Must try it 1 of these days...I live 5 mins away from there...Jan Hutchyxx

Pollyana Mar 14th 2004 1:49 am

Just had an e-mail from Whiskey - the restaurant is Stone's Throw in Railway Terrace, she says its on the seafront, and they are open 7 days a week.
The business is doing really well, and they are rushed off their feet with no time for anything else - including expats!! However, she would love people to call in and have a meal or whatever - bit if a trek from Brissie, so I can't go, but anyone whos over that way - make sure you go in and see her!

She sent her best wishes to anyone who remembers her, and if anyone wants to get in touch, pm me and I'll pass your e-mail address on to her. :)

whisky Mar 16th 2004 4:11 am

Originally posted by Pollyana
Just had an e-mail from Whiskey - the restaurant is Stone's Throw in Railway Terrace, she says its on the seafront, and they are open 7 days a week.
The business is doing really well, and they are rushed off their feet with no time for anything else - including expats!! However, she would love people to call in and have a meal or whatever - bit if a trek from Brissie, so I can't go, but anyone whos over that way - make sure you go in and see her!

She sent her best wishes to anyone who remembers her, and if anyone wants to get in touch, pm me and I'll pass your e-mail address on to her. :)
Hello Peeps,
Yes thats us. 'Stones Throw' Railway Terrace Rockingham.
Things are going very well, a lot better than we expected, but we or one of us is there most of the time.
I now remember why we came out of catering before. 14 and 15 hour days, but hey, at least we aren't sitting on our backsides worrying that we haven't got any customers.

You are all very welcome, but please introduce yourselves, it would be great to meet you all.

I must say, the Latte is good, and the girls make one of the best coffees around here. Foods not bad either.

If anyone wants to browse the menu before they come we can email it to you.

Janeyray, hope you all make it on Sunday. Look forward to meeting you.

Whisky

whisky Mar 16th 2004 4:13 am

Originally posted by whisky
Hello Peeps,
Yes thats us. 'Stones Throw' Railway Terrace Rockingham.
Things are going very well, a lot better than we expected, but we or one of us is there most of the time.
I now remember why we came out of catering before. 14 and 15 hour days, but hey, at least we aren't sitting on our backsides worrying that we haven't got any customers.

You are all very welcome, but please introduce yourselves, it would be great to meet you all.

I must say, the Latte is good, and the girls make one of the best coffees around here. Foods not bad either.

If anyone wants to browse the menu before they come we can email it to you.

Whisky
Oh and if you are thinking of a Friday or Saturday night its best to book as we are pretty busy.

janeyray Mar 16th 2004 11:57 am

Originally posted by whisky

Whisky
How do you know I'am coming on Sunday!!!
:scared: Have you got 'the power' !!!:eek:

Yes we are ALL looking forward to it! Maybe we should book as there might be a few of us!!!:D