Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone know what Singleton/Golden Bay, W.A are like ?

Anyone know what Singleton/Golden Bay, W.A are like ?

Old Aug 25th 2006, 3:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: In the tree across the road, watching you with binoculars.
elmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond repute
Default Anyone know what Singleton/Golden Bay, W.A are like ?

With regard to housing, schools, safety, etc ??
Old Aug 25th 2006, 5:55 pm

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone know what Singleton/Golden Bay, W.A are like ?

Originally Posted by elmtree
With regard to housing, schools, safety, etc ??
Only flew thru briefly on a reccie trip but looked very nice indeed!
Old Aug 25th 2006, 9:58 pm
Just Joined

Beachbumz has a spectacular aura aboutBeachbumz has a spectacular aura aboutBeachbumz has a spectacular aura about

Hi
I live in Singleton and its beautiful! here's a link to our local newsletter which will give you info on area etc
www.singletonwa.com
if you need any further info just ask away...
Old Aug 25th 2006, 11:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: In the tree across the road, watching you with binoculars.
elmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond repute

Looks lovely ! Nice and quiet.

We're hoping to be heading out in the next few months and are trying to find somewhere a bit outside Perth that has a community spirit ans is a nice safe place to bring up our daughter.

Thanks for the website.

John.
Old Aug 26th 2006, 1:46 am
Just Joined

Jokat will become famous soon enoughJokat will become famous soon enough

Been on a drive round both places and they look really nice, but I'm of that opinion of most (not all) of the suburbs in and around Mandurah! More or less everywhere I go I like! Went with my hubbie on a job in Golden Bay, and I really liked the feel of it - a bit of a mix of housing styles, lots of older brick and tile and beach shack type houses - I liked the more earthy atmosphere! Liked the steep hills too, makes it more interesting.Very quiet - you'd probably hear a pin drop. Nice for adults - living somewhere quiet isn't a restriction when you can drive and you're close to most things anyway, and probably perfect for young kids, but maybe too quiet for teenagers. Cant see too many buses making their way round there! Not heard any negative comments about Singleton Primary School, not sure which high school you would go to from that area.
Old Aug 26th 2006, 7:37 am
BE Forum Addict

sunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jokat
not sure which high school you would go to from that area.
Probably Comet Bay High.