Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone know of a site that ...

Anyone know of a site that ...

Old Jan 24th 2008, 6:01 pm
Forum Regular

ozzydreamer will become famous soon enoughozzydreamer will become famous soon enough
Default Anyone know of a site that ...

Does anyone know of a site to look for property rentals where you can type in 'within 5 miles of beach' in 'Cairns' etc.

Finding it hard to locate places when I dont know the areas very well. But I know that for instance I want to look at places within 10 miles of Cairns city and within 10 miles of beech etc.
Old Jan 24th 2008, 6:28 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone know of a site that ...

Originally Posted by ozzydreamer
Does anyone know of a site to look for property rentals where you can type in 'within 5 miles of beach' in 'Cairns' etc.

Finding it hard to locate places when I dont know the areas very well. But I know that for instance I want to look at places within 10 miles of Cairns city and within 10 miles of beech etc.
have you tried realestate.com you can specify a post code and distances as well as a raft of other stuff
Old Jan 24th 2008, 6:45 pm
Forum Regular

ozzydreamer will become famous soon enoughozzydreamer will become famous soon enough

Thats where I was looking but didnt see anything to do with distances, but will have another look
Old Jan 24th 2008, 6:56 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Thats where I was looking but didnt see anything to do with distances, but will have another look
put in the post code, click suburb ( right hand side ) then maps it`ll show you where all the properties listed in that suburb are
Old Jan 24th 2008, 7:47 pm
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

The sites are not that specific. If you find a place, contact the agent and see if they can give you distances. BTW, have you done a reccie of Cairns yet? Given up on Woollangong then?

Last edited by The Bloke; Jan 24th 2008 at 7:49 pm.
Old Jan 24th 2008, 7:55 pm
Forum Regular

Havent really given up on Wollongong - just the searches wernt coming up with many properties.

Didnt realise you could search by using the maps, so that helps!
Old Jan 24th 2008, 11:40 pm
Just Joined

CnG-OZ Bound will become famous soon enough

Download Google Earth (For free) - It is a really good mapping software package. & will give you a better indication of the City & its surrounds. You can see what housing or amenities are in the area. (Also see if there are things to avoid locally) Great piece of kit.

Down load found (Top left of Page) at - http://www.google.co.uk/earth/

Chris
Old Jan 24th 2008, 11:59 pm
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by CnG-OZ Bound
Download Google Earth (For free) - It is a really good mapping software package. & will give you a better indication of the City & its surrounds. You can see what housing or amenities are in the area. (Also see if there are things to avoid locally) Great piece of kit.

Chris
The realestate.com.au works great, but you could also try this:

www.whereis.com.au

Then type in Cairns, QLD. And then underneath it says "Also show on map" choose "myhome.com.au sales" or rentals if you prefer. Then click on "get map".

It will bring up a map of cairns and it will show you where all the houses are listed on the map. It's a good way to start because you can see the promity to house to the beach or wherever else you're looking. And, being a map you can navigate in/our or move up and down to find what you want.

Last edited by comet555; Jan 25th 2008 at 12:04 am.
Old Jan 25th 2008, 12:17 am

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

we use australian city streets v3 for good maps
Old Jan 25th 2008, 1:09 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Post 2.....
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...cairns+suburbs

Roughly speaking it's anywhere from Trinity Beach to Bayview Heights so plenty of choice.
Smithfield would be the prime location for midway between beaches and the CBD.
Old Jan 25th 2008, 1:24 pm
Forum Regular

Dreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really nice

Originally Posted by CnG-OZ Bound

Chris

I use Google Earth too, but even plain old google maps give good satellite pictures so you can take a look at the areas close to beach etc..
Old Jan 25th 2008, 7:56 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for everyone's sites, especially Bix's