Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone know how long???

Anyone know how long???

Old Jan 23rd 2003, 11:44 am
Just Joined

jaymek is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone know how long???

Has anyone from the bunch of us transfered from london been requested to do medicals and have then been requested to lodge an assurers bond(skilled designated area sponsored) if so how long did you wait after sending back the meds etc,any agents shed any light on this,sent back meds two weeks ago surely it can't be very long can it !!!!!!!
Old Jan 23rd 2003, 7:46 pm
Forum Regular

The Jacksons is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Applied Sept 01 transferred Oct 02 to Adelaide. Medicals done on request Jan 3rd and received back in Adelaide approx 1 week ago. Medicals then forwarded to Sydney to be assessed. I suppose it depends on how many medicals they have to process as to how long that will take. It says on the letter we got with medical request that you need to give them at least 3 months. We are also Australian sponsored but not designated area. We have not been contacted about the bond - have you??

I would have thought that they would not ask for the bond money until they are ready to issue the visa.

Good Luck

Sarah J
Old Jan 24th 2003, 3:19 am
Just Joined

Annette is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Medicals

Hi there.

We had our medicals done before they were requested and so when they came to looking at our application...as all the information was there...they issued immediately.

Otherwise we had been told by our solicitor that it would be about 3 months to process the medicals.

Hope this helps a little...not long to go now.

Annette
Old Jan 24th 2003, 11:28 am
Just Joined

No we have not been asked to lodge the bond yet i did e-mail adelaide last night to check if they got my meds etc but all i got back was a standard e-mail about applications so i shall ring tonight.
Do all medicals go to sydney i thought it was only if there was something on them that needed more attention
Mekayla
Old Jan 24th 2003, 11:38 am
BE Forum Addict

mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Medicals

Annette, congratulations! Can you advise when you did your medicals and what date have you got to enter by?

Thanks
Mash..

Originally posted by Annette
Hi there.

We had our medicals done before they were requested and so when they came to looking at our application...as all the information was there...they issued immediately.

Otherwise we had been told by our solicitor that it would be about 3 months to process the medicals.

Hope this helps a little...not long to go now.

Annette
Old Jan 24th 2003, 10:01 pm
Finally made it

Paul and Steph is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
We're new to the site but have been following with interest for quite some time.

Applied October 26 2002. Had request for medicals 16 Jan. Luckily we had pre empted request and went for medicals 31/12/02. Everything sent off now and just awaiting request for Bond.

We're heading for Perth, hopefully July time. (God and Adelaide willing!)

So, still waiting - but hopeful!!

Steph.

P.S. PB, you have provided us with so much entertainment in the last few months you are rapidly approaching cult status! Any chance of more posts from your wife?
Old Jan 24th 2003, 10:19 pm
Adelaide bound

fishyben is just really nicefishyben is just really nicefishyben is just really nicefishyben is just really nicefishyben is just really nicefishyben is just really nicefishyben is just really nicefishyben is just really nicefishyben is just really nicefishyben is just really nice

Hi paul/steph

you say you Applied October 26 2002. Had request for medicals 16 Jan. (just under 3 months) reading the other post about time scale on this site most people seem to wait 12 - 18 months, my wife and i are applying as 'skilled designated area sponsored' (adelaide) am i right in thinking this is the quicker than some other application i.e skilled independant? /

...,Ben,...

Last edited by fishyben; Jan 24th 2003 at 10:33 pm.
Old Jan 24th 2003, 10:31 pm
visa'd member oh yeah!

CROSSY is an unknown quantity at this point

We are going des area sponsored as well (adelaide), is that what you did? it seems very fast! what do you do? were you fast tracked? so many questions..... :scared:
Regards Gary n Mandy n Kids n Dog ( Oscar!)
Old Jan 24th 2003, 11:17 pm
Forum Regular

The Jacksons is an unknown quantity at this point

I think that they all get sent to Sydney - but not 100 % positive. It does actually say on the letter that we received that once medicals and x rays are received in Adelaide that they would be forwarded on to Sydney. I assume that some will be dealt with very quickly and others may need looking at in more detail before being returned back to Adelaide.

SJ
Old Jan 25th 2003, 10:56 am
Finally made it

Paul and Steph is an unknown quantity at this point

Oops! made a mistake in dates.

Originally applied Oct 2001 not 2002 as originally posted.

Sorry for any confusion

Steph
Old Jan 25th 2003, 6:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud of
Default Re Paul & Steph

What a bl**dy state we're all in!

We all panicked then because we thought you'd got in within 3 months!!

Congratulations on getting your bit of paper.

I hope somebody from immi actually looks at this site and realises how much grief they cause by not releasing information....I've not even had the standard reply to an email sent on 7th Jan. we all clutch at straws
Old Jan 26th 2003, 2:16 am
Just Joined

Annette is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Medicals

Originally posted by mashiraz
Annette, congratulations! Can you advise when you did your medicals and what date have you got to enter by?

Thanks
Mash..
Sorry for the delay. We did out Medicals in October 2002, we lodged our application in October 2001, our application was being 'looked at' Jan 03 and we were issued in Jan, to enter by July 2003. I think that once your meds and police report are in, you have to be in the country either by the date of the meds or police report, which ever is EARLIER. Thats what our solicitor told us.
Old Jan 26th 2003, 9:52 am
Just Joined

Did any of you get the medicals done off your own back only to be requested by adelaide before you returned your own nedicals i did and had to send my forms back along with the blank ones they sent (costly).
Jacksons did you send your x-rays back with meds we didn't doctor said not to unless they ask.
The 3 month wait is going to be longer than from time of application.
Mekayla