Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone know the Caboolture (Brisbane) area?

Anyone know the Caboolture (Brisbane) area?

Old Apr 16th 2006, 5:24 pm
We're here and it's fab

Mark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to all
Default Anyone know the Caboolture (Brisbane) area?

Hiya

We're in the process of applying for our 139 Visa, to be sponsored by my brother who lives in the Caboolture, QLD area. Has anyone been to the Caboolture/surrounding area? Would be interested in hearing your thoughts.

Ali X
Old Apr 16th 2006, 5:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone know the Caboolture (Brisbane) area?

Apparently Aly my sister lived there and she says it is lovely hun

lace x
Old Apr 16th 2006, 6:48 pm
We're here and it's fab

Mark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to all

Originally Posted by lacey21
Apparently Aly my sister lived there and she says it is lovely hun

lace x
Thanks Lace. Reassuring to know.

Ali X
Old Apr 16th 2006, 9:29 pm

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: Anyone know the Caboolture (Brisbane) area?

Caboolture nice especially Upper Caboolture. If you go out of main town you can pick up a nice house for reasonable price with pool the lot and a few acres. It is still close to beaches at Caloundra and Bribie Island as they are under 30mins from there and it's just at the beginning of the Sunshine Coast.
Some of the hillsides/cattle country in Upper Caboolture quite reminds us of UK.

It is similar to Darlington I would say but without the historic bit and not quite as busy. It's a well established place with cinemas etc. so you are not ending up in back of beyond. To be honest, it does have a couple of Ferrel streets most of which start with men’s names, these areas are best avoided as some people in these are druggy or dodgy people or just low income renters. If you find those on the map and then buy/rent well away from them you would be fine.

It's nice and close to highway so if you weren't working in Caboolture you could get to Brisbane in just over an hour in work time traffic of quicker outside normal work times. If you find the threads with the man from the sunshine bakery in he used to live in Caboolture.

We do go shopping in the Morayfield shopping centre... Oh! If you could get a rental in Morayfield that is attached to Caboolture you would find it slightly quieter and nice area. Taking it you have been on www.realestate.com.au and www.domain.com.au.

We will be 20 mins up the road just above Petrie and as Northerners quite like the whole area.
Old Apr 17th 2006, 8:09 am
We're here and it's fab

Originally Posted by annqldau
Caboolture nice especially Upper Caboolture. If you go out of main town you can pick up a nice house for reasonable price with pool the lot and a few acres. It is still close to beaches at Caloundra and Bribie Island as they are under 30mins from there and it's just at the beginning of the Sunshine Coast.
Some of the hillsides/cattle country in Upper Caboolture quite reminds us of UK.

It is similar to Darlington I would say but without the historic bit and not quite as busy. It's a well established place with cinemas etc. so you are not ending up in back of beyond. To be honest, it does have a couple of Ferrel streets most of which start with men’s names, these areas are best avoided as some people in these are druggy or dodgy people or just low income renters. If you find those on the map and then buy/rent well away from them you would be fine.

It's nice and close to highway so if you weren't working in Caboolture you could get to Brisbane in just over an hour in work time traffic of quicker outside normal work times. If you find the threads with the man from the sunshine bakery in he used to live in Caboolture.

We do go shopping in the Morayfield shopping centre... Oh! If you could get a rental in Morayfield that is attached to Caboolture you would find it slightly quieter and nice area. Taking it you have been on www.realestate.com.au and www.domain.com.au.

We will be 20 mins up the road just above Petrie and as Northerners quite like the whole area.
Many thanks for this. Really useful. My brother has given me a similar impression, but I just wanted to check he was not being biased!!!

Where in the North East do you originate from?

Ali X
Old Apr 17th 2006, 11:34 am

Originally Posted by Mark & Ali
Many thanks for this. Really useful. My brother has given me a similar impression, but I just wanted to check he was not being biased!!!

Where in the North East do you originate from?

Ali X
Easington in County Durham near Peterlee inbetween Hartlepool and Sunderland on the coast. Have sent you a long PM about general area that I had done for others.
Old Apr 17th 2006, 11:55 am
We're here and it's fab

Easington in County Durham near Peterlee inbetween Hartlepool and Sunderland on the coast. Have sent you a long PM about general area that I had done for others.
Thanks for the email, really informative. The more I read the more I can't wait to get out there!

How long have you been in Oz. Although the North East is nice, I'm sure you'll find there's more to do in Oz? My brother has been in the Caboolture area for 20 years - he comes back to the Uk every 2-3 years but I know after 2/3 weeks he can't wait to get back. He's a real outdoors person and gets bored over here!
Old Apr 17th 2006, 12:00 pm

We have only been here 6 months plus 1 month holiday a month before that for visa validation.

We had 40 yrs of doing everything we wanted in UK so now 40 yrs of something different fingers crossed although Aus has ups and downs like UK it is a very similar country with lots of new stuff to do and my overall feeling is a much better place at present to bring your child up if you have one.

We see lots off bbq's in one piece in public places that would have been stolen in UK and free massive lagoons to swim in which would have been full of shopping trolleys and stolen cars in UK. Haven't seen the major beer lout behaviour here that UK has, but don't get me wrong I like a beer.

Aus is not all perfect speed limits lower and they are buggers with speed cameras and very fill the form in orientated/anal retentive but overall a good place to live and a lot less snow and cold just the odd cyclone or two... .
Old Apr 17th 2006, 12:05 pm
We're here and it's fab

We have only been here 6 months plus 1 month holiday a month before that for visa validation.

We had 40 yrs of doing everything we wanted in UK so now 40 yrs of something different fingers crossed although Aus has ups and downs like UK it is a very similar country with lots of new stuff to do and my overall feeling is a much better place at present to bring your child up if you have one.

We see lots off bbq's in one piece in public places that would have been stolen in UK and free massive lagoons to swim in which would have been full of shopping trolleys and stolen cars in UK. Haven't seen the major beer lout behaviour here that UK has, but don't get me wrong I like a beer.

Aus is not all perfect speed limits lower and they are buggers with speed cameras and very fill the form in orientated/anal retentive but overall a good place to live and a lot less snow and cold just the odd cyclone or two... .
We have the same thoughts. I have just turned 41, they say life begins at 40 so I intend to grab every opportunity! I'm being made redundant in September (after 23 years), can't wait. Couldn't have happened at a better time!!!
Old Apr 17th 2006, 9:33 pm

We have the same thoughts. I have just turned 41, they say life begins at 40 so I intend to grab every opportunity! I'm being made redundant in September (after 23 years), can't wait. Couldn't have happened at a better time!!!
We ended up doing the same jobs as uk but that's not a problem as both enjoying them so far and plenty to do and see around Caboolture area. We have sussed out the local nice UK style pubs as much prefer them to Aus clubs which are very like workmens clubs in UK but plenty of them if you like them.
Old Apr 18th 2006, 10:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Mandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to all

We ended up doing the same jobs as uk but that's not a problem as both enjoying them so far and plenty to do and see around Caboolture area. We have sussed out the local nice UK style pubs as much prefer them to Aus clubs which are very like workmens clubs in UK but plenty of them if you like them.
Could you please list the local nice UK style pubs that you have found, I know we are a bit further North but anything is better that the RSL.
Old Apr 18th 2006, 1:48 pm

Smile Re: Anyone know the Caboolture (Brisbane) area?

Here goes for the pubs and then I'm going to start a new thread called Nice Pubs in Brisbane Area so watch for that.

Montville up in the hills not far from you the Penny Farthing does live music on a Sunday afternoon and sells some UK beers including Newcastle Brown Ale out of a pump...that's just wrong doesn't taste right. Have been very nice. You can pick your steak buy it then cook yourself on bbq in beer garden or they do it for you.

Dayboro Hotel nice pint, nice food rustic nowt flash pub... like it.

Samford pub/hotel... posher than Dayboro and do nice steaks pick it and they cook it. Nice pub and eating area nice beer it's in the top 10 at the moment.

Not quite a pub but very nice Restaurant and serves beer and very good food... Picnics at the rocks on the Yandina - Coolum Road it's on a bend with big sign board on road side then you need to go up track... but it's worth it. They do lunch every day from 11.30 Dinner Fri and Sat from 6pm and Sunset Happy Hours Thur to Sat. It's not to far from you.

The Belvedere at Woody Point near hornibrook bridge nice pub plus cracking steak bar and also very good eat as much as you want buffet. WE ARE HAVING MEET THERE ON THE 6TH OF MAY AT 2PM IF YOU WANT TO COME... .

Gilhooleys Irish Pub & Restaurant - Westfield Chermside Shopping Centre
nice pub but they lose points for not letting you wear shorts or thongs after 9pm and kicking the 15 yr old out at 10pm, apparently they are building new one at Strathpine.

Mick O'Mally's irish pub down some stairs just inside the Wintergarden Centre Queen Street Mall in Brisbane.

Canugra Hotel at Canugra near Mt Tamborine but think that is quite a ride out for you, if you are up that way the http://www.canungravineyards.com.au/...s_FromBrisbane has nice food and wine and can have picnic in grounds if you phone day before so they can get basket ready.

Mapelton the The Mapleton Tavern www.mapletontavern.com.au
was recommended by Cresta 57 but when we tried to go Good Friday all pubs shut so didn't get chance to try.

The Landsbourgh pub has also been recommended but haven't had chance to try that yet.

The Spotted Cow Hotel at Toowomba was recommended on TV programme at weekend for doing Aus, Foreign and English beers, it's on the list to try.

That's it for now or will start to sound like alcoholic... .
Old Apr 19th 2006, 12:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Mandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to all

Here goes for the pubs and then I'm going to start a new thread called Nice Pubs in Brisbane Area so watch for that.

The Landsbourgh pub has also been recommended but haven't had chance to try that yet.

That's it for now or will start to sound like alcoholic... .
Thanks for the list, I have been to the pub at Landsborough a few times but never had a drink there, been there whilst at work so not one I would go back too, maybe Ok now havent been for about 2 yrs.
Old Apr 23rd 2006, 11:41 am

Sure there are plenty of hidden treasures we are yet to find... who needs beaches... .
Old Apr 23rd 2006, 12:00 pm
Living in Oz & loving it

rick07 has a spectacular aura aboutrick07 has a spectacular aura aboutrick07 has a spectacular aura about

Hiya

We're in the process of applying for our 139 Visa, to be sponsored by my brother who lives in the Caboolture, QLD area. Has anyone been to the Caboolture/surrounding area? Would be interested in hearing your thoughts.

Ali X
Hi we live on Bribie Island which is about 25 mins from caboolture, the area is really good, it is central for the sunshine coast and brisbane. We have 2 girls who have just started school and the people seem really friendly. We are really enjoying living on Bribie and think it's a nice place to bring children up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.