Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone know anything about washing machines?

Anyone know anything about washing machines?

Old Dec 6th 2011, 7:51 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone know anything about washing machines?

Originally Posted by moores2525
Oh and the lead isn't completely severed - 3/4 of the way through, although it does look like it has been cut. The machine looks spotless, and has an invoice dated March 2011 and a 2 year warranty.

Sounds like the lead got cut in moving etc... put a new plug on it and wash away your problems.
Old Dec 11th 2011, 9:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

slipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Anyone know anything about washing machines?

Originally Posted by Siren & Brian
Sounds like the lead got cut in moving etc... put a new plug on it and wash away your problems.
Hang on....

So you have what you believe to be a fully working washing machine, that has a cut cable and there's all this talk of dumping it. I'm guessing many have more money than I do then?

Very easy to just get some cable and join it up to the old cable which as you say has been severed, rather than cut. Different ways of doing it, depending on how much cable you have left coming out from the machine, but if it were me, I'd get some connector blocks, and some more cable, strip the ends of the wires, match the colours (it's a fairly new machine so they will match) so the colours will be the same, then wrap this connector block in insulating tape, wire a plug on the other end and off you go.

If you are not sure about doing this, an electrician could EASILY replace the cable inside the machine, which will only be wired in much as the plug end would.

This is machine that other than a small issue would work perfectly fine. Why throw away a perfectly good machine that you have spent money on for a dead cheap and easy repair?