Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone know about Emirates seats?

Anyone know about Emirates seats?

Old Jun 20th 2007, 9:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Anyone know about Emirates seats?

We want to prebook our seats and will be flying on a 777-300ER for five of the six legs. Having looked at seatguru.com - http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Emi...300_3class.php - it looks like 46 or 47 A and B or J and K would be best for a couple. However the chap on the Emirates helpline said that they don't recline or have only limited recline. There's no mention of this on Seatguru - can anyone confirm or deny what he said?

Ta muchly.

Louie (getting excited about the trip now it's booked!)
Old Jun 20th 2007, 9:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone know about Emirates seats?

According to that web site row 46 is 'be aware'. I know I have been in the very last row in planes which haven't reclined.

Good luck
Old Jun 20th 2007, 10:23 pm
Forum Regular

nev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to all

Originally Posted by pumpkin blossom
According to that web site row 46 is 'be aware'. I know I have been in the very last row in planes which haven't reclined.

Good luck
We flew Emirates a couple of years ago - no problems - didn't pre book seats - all seemed fine! It's Economy, but still managed to get good sleep!

Hubbie is 6ft and I'm 5ft 9, so we didn't fnd it a problem!

Angie
Old Jun 20th 2007, 10:32 pm
Hillarys, Perth

h2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by louie
We want to prebook our seats and will be flying on a 777-300ER for five of the six legs. Having looked at seatguru.com - http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Emi...300_3class.php - it looks like 46 or 47 A and B or J and K would be best for a couple. However the chap on the Emirates helpline said that they don't recline or have only limited recline. There's no mention of this on Seatguru - can anyone confirm or deny what he said?

Ta muchly.

I'm fairly sure you cannot pre book seats exept if you are disabled and need an aisle seat or you have a child need a bulkhead seat.
They are allocated automatically from the front to the rear.

We are frequent flyers with Emirates and our son gets a window seat automatically when ever we fly, (he's a Skysurfer member) but that's about it with regards to choosing a seat.

You can do an on-line check in between 2 and 12 hours before the flight and move your seat to an empty one (if available).

Neil.
Old Jun 20th 2007, 10:43 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by h2oskineil
I'm fairly sure you cannot pre book seats exept if you are disabled and need an aisle seat or you have a child need a bulkhead seat.
I dont think this is the case....any Skywards member is able to pre-select seats - the website says at the time of booking, but i'm sure it can also be done retrospectively. Also - the airline will not fill the cabin front to back for two reasons - firstly they will always try to accomodate premium frequent flyers at the front of the economy cabin so its likely that there will be a number of 'blocked' rows in the forward economy cabin and secondly weight has to be balanced.

I've never flown on Emirates before although I am doing on a trip back to the UK in Sept - I am a little concerned about their 10 across seating in the 777 - every airline I know and have flown on only has 9 so the seats must be narrower? I am aware they have generous legroom though.
Old Jun 20th 2007, 10:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

sassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by h2oskineil

We are frequent flyers with Emirates and our son gets a window seat automatically when ever we fly, (he's a Skysurfer member) but that's about it with regards to choosing a seat.

You can do an on-line check in between 2 and 12 hours before the flight and move your seat to an empty one (if available).

Neil.
on line check in is now between 2 and 24 hours before departure.
Old Jun 20th 2007, 11:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

sassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond repute

Ta muchly.

Hi we have just returned from Gatwick with Emirates and we got seats 46 J & K. We chose them ourselves on line as they had allocated us really awful seats (the middle 2 in the row of 4 in the middle section). We found these seats excellent and no trouble reclining. the only problem with these seats if is you can't rest your head against the window if you want to sleep.
If you go onto the emirates web site, you can have a look at the seat plan for the particular aircraft you will be on.
Old Jun 21st 2007, 12:24 am
Hillarys, Perth

h2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bcworld
I dont think this is the case....any Skywards member is able to pre-select seats - the website says at the time of booking, but i'm sure it can also be done retrospectively. Also - the airline will not fill the cabin front to back for two reasons - firstly they will always try to accomodate premium frequent flyers at the front of the economy cabin so its likely that there will be a number of 'blocked' rows in the forward economy cabin and secondly weight has to be balanced.

I've never flown on Emirates before although I am doing on a trip back to the UK in Sept - I am a little concerned about their 10 across seating in the 777 - every airline I know and have flown on only has 9 so the seats must be narrower? I am aware they have generous legroom though.

I'm guessing you would have to book direct with Emirates to pre select the seat then? I always use a travel agent and have not been able to pre book a seat to date and have had a number of flight of the past 3 years with them.

The reason I understodd they book from the front to the back is that I have been told that from Emirates both from the Melbourne office and at check-in.... perhaps they are wrong or the information I had is now out of date?
Old Jun 21st 2007, 12:54 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Are you a Skywards member?

See www.skywards.com

Best regards.
Old Jun 21st 2007, 2:19 am
Forum Regular

Muppett is a jewel in the roughMuppett is a jewel in the roughMuppett is a jewel in the roughMuppett is a jewel in the roughMuppett is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by sassie
Hi we have just returned from Gatwick with Emirates and we got seats 46 J & K. We chose them ourselves on line as they had allocated us really awful seats (the middle 2 in the row of 4 in the middle section). We found these seats excellent and no trouble reclining. the only problem with these seats if is you can't rest your head against the window if you want to sleep.
If you go onto the emirates web site, you can have a look at the seat plan for the particular aircraft you will be on.
We flew to the UK at Christmas with Emirates and booked the same seats as you. We even got up the allocated 12 hours before (2am UK time) for the return journey just to get these seats. You're right about not being able to rest your head on the window, but I think the advantage of not being sat next to some stranger outweighs all this. We booked direct via Emirates but I think you can reserve your seats either way. I would def go with them next time even though they are usually a bit more expensive.
Old Jun 21st 2007, 2:31 am

kez81 is an unknown quantity at this point

I dont think you can pre book seats now they allocate them beforehand recently had a friend over who tried to do this and was told they couldnt as seats have already been allocated

kezx
Old Jun 21st 2007, 2:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Muppett
We flew to the UK at Christmas with Emirates and booked the same seats as you. We even got up the allocated 12 hours before (2am UK time) for the return journey just to get these seats. You're right about not being able to rest your head on the window, but I think the advantage of not being sat next to some stranger outweighs all this. We booked direct via Emirates but I think you can reserve your seats either way. I would def go with them next time even though they are usually a bit more expensive.
On the way to Brisbane, we had a 4 day stopover in Singapore and wanted to check in online for our onward flight. Do you think we could find an internet café? Everyone seems to go everywhere with the laptops in Singapore, and there were very few internet cafes around. We did come across free internet access at a McDonalds, but it was about 3 stops away on the train. Even though we couldn’t check in until 9.00 pm it was well worth it, being able to chose your own seats and also to avoid the long queues at the airport.
Old Jun 21st 2007, 1:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

PoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to behold

Ta muchly.

Were kindly given back row seats to give hubby whose pretty tall and wide legs a bit more room. Terrible mistake. No recline mad it a very long flight!! Watch for seats just in front of bulkhead.

J
Old Jun 21st 2007, 5:43 pm
annebob st andrews

bobanne is an unknown quantity at this point

We flew out to Brisbane on 21 May from Glasgow and back on 5 June (validation trip). We booked online with Emirates as I thought that was the only way that I could definitely get the seats and I phoned them in London to book the seats we wanted - rows 45, 46 & 47 have the 2 seat combinations. Could only book seats online with the booking if it was business or first class so had to phone. We had flights in each row and found 46 was the best row as 47 didn`t recline and 45 had the A/C in a strange position, but they were all still better than the 3 or 4 seat option. They weren`t very keen to let me book these seats, something about them being saved for wheelchair passengers!
We are Skywards members, don`t know if this helped or not.
Anne
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 7:03 am
The Brains

ray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to all

Ta muchly.

As these seats are at the rear of the aircraft you could have a problem with people thinking there are several toilets there when in actual fact there are only two and congregating particularly on a long flight.

Some seats if they have a bulkhead behind them will not fully recline. They usually stick staff there!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.