Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone with kids in the Bundaberg area?

Anyone with kids in the Bundaberg area?

Old Aug 7th 2008, 12:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Bundaberg the land of Rum from south wales the land of song!
bundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nice
Default Re: Anyone with kids in the Bundaberg area?

Originally Posted by egghead4
we are probably going to be leaving the last week of august so we wont be far behind the murrays, its gonna be great putting some names to faces when we get there.
bec
ok then egghead and murrays we will have to arrange a meet up then.

Millsey,
when do you want to meet? do you want to let the paper know more are coming out end August should we meet then ?? or shall us lot already here meet then meet again begin sept for the newcomers
what does everyone else think??

God im glad i replied to the first post on here and kept it going never dreamt so many people would be heading to good old bundy. I will speak to Jullette at the hospital [kevnew1]

Shari,
sorry to hear you house sale fell through!
off to sugarland then to pick friends up from airport they come back from wales today
Old Aug 7th 2008, 6:58 am
Forum Regular

millsey is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bundybell
ok then egghead and murrays we will have to arrange a meet up then.

Millsey,
when do you want to meet? do you want to let the paper know more are coming out end August should we meet then ?? or shall us lot already here meet then meet again begin sept for the newcomers
what does everyone else think??

God im glad i replied to the first post on here and kept it going never dreamt so many people would be heading to good old bundy. I will speak to Jullette at the hospital [kevnew1]

Shari,
sorry to hear you house sale fell through!
off to sugarland then to pick friends up from airport they come back from wales today
speak to the paper and see what they think
we are easy either way
let us know as we are gonna book up to go whale watching
Old Aug 7th 2008, 12:20 pm
Forum Regular

Shari68 will become famous soon enough

Hi all,

Yes, as Teryna mentioned, our buyer decided to pull out....apparently didn't like the area!!! GRRRRRR! but, hey every cloud has a silver lining, I was offered a job today....whooop!

Shari
Old Aug 7th 2008, 3:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

the murrays is a jewel in the roughthe murrays is a jewel in the roughthe murrays is a jewel in the roughthe murrays is a jewel in the roughthe murrays is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Shari68
Hi all,

Yes, as Teryna mentioned, our buyer decided to pull out....apparently didn't like the area!!! GRRRRRR! but, hey every cloud has a silver lining, I was offered a job today....whooop!

Shari
Good news about the Job Shari, What do you do? Thats awful about the house, dont worry, youll sell it soon, and if things pick up, youll get more money. Dont reduce it anyway.
see you soon
siobhan
Old Aug 8th 2008, 6:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Bundaberg the land of Rum from south wales the land of song!
bundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nice

Originally Posted by millsey
speak to the paper and see what they think
we are easy either way
let us know as we are gonna book up to go whale watching
oooow whale watching thats ace we are going in sept when friens visit from uk
Teryna
Old Aug 8th 2008, 10:47 am
Forum Regular

kevnew1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Anyone with kids in the Bundaberg area?

Hi all,
Sorry we haven't been on for a while. Time just flies by. I've been here for a year now and have no regrets about choosing Bundy as home, it is so friendly here. I found work very frustrating for a while and wanted to quit but now I enjoy the challenge of working the 'Ozzie' way.
Kev & I are waiting for our house to be built in Bargara, it has a roof on and we hope to be in by Oct. Good luck to those still trying to get out to Oz, it's definately worth the wait and the effort and the money and the tears........

Juliette & Kev
Old Aug 11th 2008, 9:25 am
BE Enthusiast

the murrays is a jewel in the roughthe murrays is a jewel in the roughthe murrays is a jewel in the roughthe murrays is a jewel in the roughthe murrays is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by kevnew1
Hi all,
Sorry we haven't been on for a while. Time just flies by. I've been here for a year now and have no regrets about choosing Bundy as home, it is so friendly here. I found work very frustrating for a while and wanted to quit but now I enjoy the challenge of working the 'Ozzie' way.
Kev & I are waiting for our house to be built in Bargara, it has a roof on and we hope to be in by Oct. Good luck to those still trying to get out to Oz, it's definately worth the wait and the effort and the money and the tears........

Juliette & Kev
Nice to hear you are still enjoying it, bet you cant wait till your house is finished in October, just in time for xmas. Wish I was you, really loved Bargarra, we plan to stay there the first week we arrive.
Hope to meet you soon
siobhan

9 more sleeps, and were finally out of here, its been a long wait and cant wait!
Old Aug 11th 2008, 10:08 am
Forum Regular

Shari68 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by the murrays
Good news about the Job Shari, What do you do? Thats awful about the house, dont worry, youll sell it soon, and if things pick up, youll get more money. Dont reduce it anyway.
see you soon
siobhan

Hi Siobhan,

Not planning on any price reduction yet! hope things are going well for you! my job is a secretarial position so all my ICT qualifications are finally coming in handy!! I was a Teaching Assistant in the UK.

take care Shari
Old Aug 11th 2008, 12:23 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bundybell
oooow whale watching thats ace we are going in sept when friens visit from uk
Teryna
what was the verdict on the news article ?
Old Aug 11th 2008, 12:25 pm
Forum Regular

can reccomend a trip to woodgate at the moment
lots of joey's in mums pouch

cool
Old Aug 11th 2008, 11:08 pm
Forum Regular

karen-and-alan is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Guys,
We recieved an email and a phone call from the newsmail yesterday, this is the email

Hi Karen,
Thanks for helping put this together for me at short notice.

Some questions...
1. Is the forum via the internet - did you meet the other members before or after coming to Australia? What is the forum called? How did you access it?
2. Is it good having friends from the old country that you can talk to about things that might not seem strange or unusual to Australians?
3. What nationalities are part of the forum?
4. When did you arrive in Australia (and with who? Hubby? etc) Why did you come to Australia?
5. What are the thing you miss most about your old country (England?)? What are the things you don't miss?
6. What do you love about Australia? What do you still find strange or amusing about Australia or Australians or the Australian way of life?
7. Do you eat vegemite?
8. What do you discuss at your get-togethers?
9. Are the get-togethers stepped with nostalgia? Do you miss your home country more when you're with ex-pats, or does it bring your old home to Australia?
10. Did you have problems with Australia's slang when you first arrived? What aspects of the Australian language do you love/hate?
11. Is it harder it easier for ex-pats' children's?
12. Are there ex-pat groups like this across the world (I've heard there are but don't know anything about them!)
13. Are there any special traditions that you still observe in Australia that ordinary Australians would not?

.... and..... anything else you'd like to say/add for the feature.
Thanks Karen, and I'll talk to you soon,
kind regards,
cherie
Her editor wants to have it in this Saturday's paper, and she would like to meet us on Wednesday night............ short notice or what!!!
She wants props things like flags etc. Personally I think that is a bit off, but that's only me.
Some of the questions seem a bit naff as well, I didn't eat marmite in blighty so why am I gonna start eating vegemite here

Anyway thats the lowdown are we up for it?

Shari sorry we didn't get back to you at the weekend, I'm sure karen will tell you all about it

Alan
Old Aug 12th 2008, 11:20 am
Forum Regular

karen-and-alan is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Everyone,
I talked to Shari a couple of times today and she has kindly done some phoning around. Thanks to everybody who is coming to the Brothers Sports Club tomorrow night, it will be fantastic to catch up with you all again .The more the merrier, 8pm in the cafe area.
I appolpgise for the short notice but I gather Cherie (Newsmail person) is being pushed by her editor. If anybody would like to answer some or all of the list of questions she has asked by tomorrow afternoon, her email address is:
[email protected]
I think her article has to be in by Thursday pm,so I'm not sure if or how we get to proof it?!
See you tomorrow night
Karen
Old Aug 12th 2008, 11:32 am
BE Enthusiast

markandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant future

Hi everyone......not been on here in a while.......have been on the 'other' site lol.........the darkside

Glad to hear things are moving along with the house build Teryna.....bet you can't wait for it to be finished eh?

Shari, so sorry to hear about house sale falling through.......and a big congrats with the new job

Siobhan........I suppose you are really excited now.....not long to go now

For us the move may be forced a little sooner..........Basically Gillian has been told today that she may be made redundant as her company has been closing a lot of franchises recently and now hers is next on the list

If this happens it may just force our hand and we may be forced into renting out our house here and looking for new jobs in and around Bundy........we were always planning on selling the house first but this may leave us with no, or little, choice.

I suppose we will know , either way, in a few weeks what will be happenning

Mark and Gill
Old Aug 12th 2008, 1:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by markandgill
Hi everyone......not been on here in a while.......have been on the 'other' site lol.........the darkside

Glad to hear things are moving along with the house build Teryna.....bet you can't wait for it to be finished eh?

Shari, so sorry to hear about house sale falling through.......and a big congrats with the new job

Siobhan........I suppose you are really excited now.....not long to go now

For us the move may be forced a little sooner..........Basically Gillian has been told today that she may be made redundant as her company has been closing a lot of franchises recently and now hers is next on the list

If this happens it may just force our hand and we may be forced into renting out our house here and looking for new jobs in and around Bundy........we were always planning on selling the house first but this may leave us with no, or little, choice.

I suppose we will know , either way, in a few weeks what will be happenning

Mark and Gill
How are you all, was wondering where you have been lately, sorry to hear about the redundancy, hope you get a big pay out though, a lot of people seem to be being made redundant here, especially in the construction trade.
Really hope you are in the position to rent so you can be in bundy for xmas.
Id love to been given redundancy, I asked for it but they would have just sent me somewhere else.
Try your best, get that house up for rent and get over to us as soon as possible. All these things seem to happen for a reason, and hopefully thats a sign that you have to go to oz.
Talk soon
siobhan
Old Aug 12th 2008, 1:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

markandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by the murrays
How are you all, was wondering where you have been lately, sorry to hear about the redundancy, hope you get a big pay out though, a lot of people seem to be being made redundant here, especially in the construction trade.
Really hope you are in the position to rent so you can be in bundy for xmas.
Id love to been given redundancy, I asked for it but they would have just sent me somewhere else.
Try your best, get that house up for rent and get over to us as soon as possible. All these things seem to happen for a reason, and hopefully thats a sign that you have to go to oz.
Talk soon
siobhan
Hi Siobhan,

Unfortunately Gillian will only get a weeks wages for every year worked . . . .basically the legal minimum

Would love to be there for xmas........the rent would not cover our mortgage so we would prefer to sell......but hey, as you said, maybe this is a sign that we MUST go to Bundy as soon as

Mark

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.