Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone for jolly hockey sticks in Brisbane area??

Anyone for jolly hockey sticks in Brisbane area??

Old Mar 23rd 2005, 6:46 pm
Life is sweet in Brisbane

rima+kids is just really nicerima+kids is just really nicerima+kids is just really nicerima+kids is just really nicerima+kids is just really nicerima+kids is just really nicerima+kids is just really nicerima+kids is just really nicerima+kids is just really nicerima+kids is just really nice
Talking Anyone for jolly hockey sticks in Brisbane area??

G'Day, we are in the process of deciding if a move to OZ is for us. My son has a few reservations at the mo as he is trying hard to further his hockey career (if only they paid him to play!!). He is 17 and has represented the south of England and been to England trials, but would like to know what hockey is available in the Brisbane area. He has found it a great way to make friends and his life revolves around it at the mo. Anyone out there who plays in the Brizzy area with some info??

Hockey playing dad.(vets)
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 7:14 pm
Cheesy Member

DagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone for jolly hockey sticks in Brisbane area??

Originally Posted by rima+kids
G'Day, we are in the process of deciding if a move to OZ is for us. My son has a few reservations at the mo as he is trying hard to further his hockey career (if only they paid him to play!!). He is 17 and has represented the south of England and been to England trials, but would like to know what hockey is available in the Brisbane area. He has found it a great way to make friends and his life revolves around it at the mo. Anyone out there who plays in the Brizzy area with some info??

Hockey playing dad.(vets)
One of my colleagues plays (vet). I will try and find out some info/links.

Cheers,

DagBoy
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 7:43 pm

rima+kids is just really nicerima+kids is just really nicerima+kids is just really nicerima+kids is just really nicerima+kids is just really nicerima+kids is just really nicerima+kids is just really nicerima+kids is just really nicerima+kids is just really nicerima+kids is just really nice

Thanks very much appreciated
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 9:34 pm
Cheesy Member

DagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.bha.org.au for the Brisbane mens hockey association.
http://www.bwha.com.au for the womens.

Cheers,

DagBoy
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 10:28 pm
Drunken Aussie

brisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nice

i know someone who plays (or played) at least up until two weeks ago when he got a stick in the mouth and lost 9 teeth.

cost to fix? $40,000 :scared:
amount covered by private medical insurance? $6,000 :scared:

if he does come and play, make sure his dental work is fuly covered. you don't want to be faced with a $34,000 bill!!!
Old Aug 24th 2005, 9:52 am

well cheers guys sorry it took such a long time to reply i couldn't find the thread i don't think by the amount of replys many people like hockey out there but i suppose not everyone is a member

anyway cheers for replying guys

rima+kids