Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone interested in my ongoing Study to PR mission ?

Anyone interested in my ongoing Study to PR mission ?

Old Jun 7th 2005, 3:29 am
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all
Default Anyone interested in my ongoing Study to PR mission ?

Well I've had a breakthrough and it's been posted over on the Immigration side of British Expat, so thought it would be easier to post the link here

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=307228

Link will explain all. I'm off to bed now, gonna sleep well, which is a good thing as I'm sure the post will be shot to pieces by the time I wake but at least I will sleep well for tonight as I'm well chuffed! bordering on over the moon! ...

To explain a lil b4 you read (if you do!), to study in Oz and get PR after, you have to satisfy the relevant Assessing body as well as DIMIA. For me most likely it will be the TRA. Now from July this year, the TRA will be wanting 900 hours work experience along with your minimum 2 yr study, and your Minimum Cert III qualification.

Now for quite a while it looked like the TRA wanted this work experience to be 'paid' work experience! ...... and quite a few pro's thought this would be VERY hard to get when Employers can have someone with either PR or Citizenship, be qualified etc over someone on a PR mission!

BUT!!!! ...... I now know this work experience CAN be for free!

Whole new ballgame if you ask me!

If your interested, feel free to check the link and let me know if I'm STILL clutching at straws ?!

Cheers

I'm off to dream about getting to Oz one day!
Old Jun 7th 2005, 12:12 pm
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all
Default Re: Anyone interested in my ongoing Study to PR mission ?

Oh boooo! ..... no one is interested!

50 odd viewings, but no replies!

oh well, not to worry.

You know I've winged b4 about how NO ONE seems to reply about my 'student visa' related posts, and someone once said it was because most ppl go to Oz via Trade skills etc, they DON'T go via Student Route, which is fine! ..... but it DON'T stop showing support does it!

I just wonder if you lot frown upon Study to PR ??

All I can say is I DID try with previous skills thru the blasted TRA! but they blew me out!

I'm planning to take myself and family (oh and dog too!) out to Oz on a 'No Guarantee' mission of studying to get PR. This is probably gonna cost me at least £60k which woulda been a nice deposit on a house lots of ppl seem to have from their house sale profits back home!

Myself & partner are willing to throw all this money away, study for at least 2 years, plus take (some would say) ridiculous risks to get to Oz! ....... but for fear of repeating myself, I ONLY have this option!

Am I such a bad person?

I do wonder at times ....... altho I don't step on spiders in the garden. Take that into account please if you decide to reply, but this'll no doubt be another by the Thread killer Extraoidinaire!
Old Jun 7th 2005, 12:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

swissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Jim2004
Oh boooo! ..... no one is interested!

50 odd viewings, but no replies!

oh well, not to worry.

You know I've winged b4 about how NO ONE seems to reply about my 'student visa' related posts, and someone once said it was because most ppl go to Oz via Trade skills etc, they DON'T go via Student Route, which is fine! ..... but it DON'T stop showing support does it!

I just wonder if you lot frown upon Study to PR ??

All I can say is I DID try with previous skills thru the blasted TRA! but they blew me out!

I'm planning to take myself and family (oh and dog too!) out to Oz on a 'No Guarantee' mission of studying to get PR. This is probably gonna cost me at least £60k which woulda been a nice deposit on a house lots of ppl seem to have from their house sale profits back home!

Myself & partner are willing to throw all this money away, study for at least 2 years, plus take (some would say) ridiculous risks to get to Oz! ....... but for fear of repeating myself, I ONLY have this option!

Am I such a bad person?

I do wonder at times ....... altho I don't step on spiders in the garden. Take that into account please if you decide to reply, but this'll no doubt be another by the Thread killer Extraoidinaire!

Jim!

Hope it all works out. every glimpse of hope is worth taking!!!

fabie
Old Jun 7th 2005, 12:39 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by swissfabs
Jim!

Hope it all works out. every glimpse of hope is worth taking!!!

fabie
Thanks Fabie

I HATE to rant, but I'm not asking for a whip around to pay for the study ...lol, I/we're happy to pay for PR (oh and not to forget a new career path, lets not forget that!)

I just dunno at times. Maybe the Study to PR IS frowned upon by most on here, I know some do!

If things stay as they are (?!?!?) I'll be putting my house on the market, and upping ship and goin for my mission to PR in Jan 2006, regardless of what ppl think!

Call me stupid (please don't! ...lol) but I think, it's worth a shot!
Old Jun 7th 2005, 12:47 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

I just dunno at times. Maybe the Study to PR IS frowned upon by most on here, I know some do!
cant see it being frowned upon. Just a big gamble but you know that.
A few on here went that route am sure you have done a search to see what they posted and how they got on.
Old Jun 7th 2005, 12:51 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by seang
cant see it being frowned upon. Just a big gamble but you know that.
A few on here went that route am sure you have done a search to see what they posted and how they got on.
I HAVE searched, and see many posts about ppl going/doing it, but not a lot of follow ups, especially ones mentioning success! ?!

I do know it works for some tho, it must do!

Risky? - yes!

expensive? - yes!

guarantee - no!

only shot? - yup!

gonna go? - probably!
Old Jun 7th 2005, 12:53 pm
Forum Regular

brutus has a brilliant futurebrutus has a brilliant futurebrutus has a brilliant futurebrutus has a brilliant futurebrutus has a brilliant futurebrutus has a brilliant future

Thanks Fabie

I HATE to rant, but I'm not asking for a whip around to pay for the study ...lol, I/we're happy to pay for PR (oh and not to forget a new career path, lets not forget that!)

If things stay as they are (?!?!?) I'll be putting my house on the market, and upping ship and goin for my mission to PR in Jan 2006, regardless of what ppl think!

Call me stupid (please don't! ...lol) but I think, it's worth a shot!
I wouldn't say its frowned upon Jim, I think many people don't have the money to support themselves through a course, and its seem to be increasingly difficult to convert these courses into PR status, at least it will with the ACS in the future.

If you have a dream, you've done the research, double checked its the best and sure way and have the capability to support yourself then go for it.

No-one can knock that

All the best
Old Jun 7th 2005, 1:02 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by brutus
I wouldn't say its frowned upon Jim, I think many people don't have the money to support themselves through a course, and its seem to be increasingly difficult to convert these courses into PR status, at least it will with the ACS in the future.

If you have a dream, you've done the research, double checked its the best and sure way and have the capability to support yourself then go for it.

No-one can knock that

All the best

Thanks
Old Jun 7th 2005, 1:32 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Jim,

You are an impatient sod at times. Give us a chance to read your thread. We aint all sitting around here waiting for you to post you know

I think the lack of response is twofold...

1) Most people including me have no idea about the route you are taking so can't easily comment on it.

2) People shy off a bit as you are taking such a risky route and if it fails they would feel bad about encouraging you.

Well, you have shown the characteristics of a rat up a drainpipe as soon as any chink in the DIMIA armour appears and Robert the Bruces spider would be proud of you that's for sure.

Mate, if you have the balls to do it, I have the balls to wish you every bit of luck that comes your way.

Buy a lottery ticket on Saturday....you never know your luck may be a changin
Old Jun 7th 2005, 2:44 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Bix
Jim,

You are an impatient sod at times. Give us a chance to read your thread. We aint all sitting around here waiting for you to post you know
Sorry, I am impatient, and I know you aint all sittin round waiting! ..... but! ...... ahhh

It's just I posted the info on the Immigragtion side, and on here a short while after. I went to sleep, woke and checked to see if JAJ had blown my findings to pieces, and see if there was any advice / support / whatever! in the Aus side.

ONLY JAJ doing his stuff! ... which is fine. I DO NOT dislike the guy altho he often does 'blow to pieces' my idea's, but I'd sooner know now before I go selling my house and all. I respect the guy a lot, but he does knock me over most of the time! ...lol

Anyway,

Originally Posted by Bix
1) Most people including me have no idea about the route you are taking so can't easily comment on it.

2) People shy off a bit as you are taking such a risky route and if it fails they would feel bad about encouraging you.
Yeah I spose I can appreciate this, but Study to PR was not my first choice, just my last choice! Even then over the last year or so has been 'up & down' as to whether even this is a goer!

Contrary to other beliefs, with this new info, I reckon it IS a goer again, and was just looking for support I guess

I WILL try and learn to be more partient tho!

Sowwy
Old Jun 7th 2005, 4:34 pm
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

I think that they should let you in for sheer determination alone
This avenue seems as though it could be posative for you but don't start living that dream before you hear something a bit more concrete

Good luck

Gillian
Old Jun 7th 2005, 5:01 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Paul.

I think most people who know your story are just concerned you're not building youself up for a fall again.

Hope this line works for you. It is really hard doing this life change thing when you have kids, but if they are all behind you, you go for it.

Friends of ours are making the move in two weeks. He turned 45 last August and they got their application in in June with her (26) going to study pastry chef or something equally bizarre. They have a two year temp visa but have sold everything and are having a house built. They have no kids though.

If you really really want something, I hope you find some light at the end of the tunnel soon.

Penny
Old Jun 7th 2005, 5:27 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Hi Paul.

I think most people who know your story are just concerned you're not building youself up for a fall again.

Hope this line works for you. It is really hard doing this life change thing when you have kids, but if they are all behind you, you go for it.

Friends of ours are making the move in two weeks. He turned 45 last August and they got their application in in June with her (26) going to study pastry chef or something equally bizarre. They have a two year temp visa but have sold everything and are having a house built. They have no kids though.

If you really really want something, I hope you find some light at the end of the tunnel soon.

Penny
Hi Penny. yeah maybe I am getting carried away but this new info I have been given a breath of fresh air!

As to the kids, well thankfully both of mine are as much as up for it as me! My daughter was gutted when it was looking iffy b4. Thy're almost 15 & 13 so aint young, they can make their own decisions no prob, and as I say ARE up for it all! As keen as I prob come across, I've always said if one of us wasn't happy, then we DON'T go! ....... simple as that, but because we all do want it, I'm jsut doin everything in my power (which aint a lot!) to make the dream a reality

Also, we ALL are aware this could be a 2 yr holiday in Oz if it don't work. After all, there is EVERY chance it won't! ..... but we're happy to find the best chance of success, and go with that!

Figures REALLY need to be tightened now, but with ball park ones, we could have a decent lump sum still to return to the UK with if it falls flat. I can work the day the plane arrives so we HAVE tried our best to research returning if it comes to that! Current biggest prob is losing the dog for 6 months upon returning! ... :scared: yeah Quarantine this way is a lot worse than that way! .... but all gotta be looked into!

Anyway! I've got a house to sell first if you know anyone? ....lol
Old Jun 7th 2005, 6:28 pm

NKSK is an unknown quantity at this point

My goodness you really want to go don't you?!

What is it about the place that makes you want to go so badly?

I suppose we're lucky in that we have the skills and we really fancy giving it a go. But that's it - we really fancy giving it a go!

I could never risk what you are doing financially. I'd just say "Sod it!" and turn towards something else. I think I'm risking things by possibly having to say two years down the line "Well we gave it a shot and it didn't work" and then dragging the family back here. But what you are doing takes the breath away.

I'm not for a minute saying that you are wrong - you're probably the type of risk taker who would become a millionaire whereas I'd just plod through life but....I'm interested to know what actually drives you to such lengths...?

Is the UK so bad and Australia so good or is it to do with other aspects of life?
Old Jun 7th 2005, 7:17 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by NKSK
My goodness you really want to go don't you?!

What is it about the place that makes you want to go so badly?

I suppose we're lucky in that we have the skills and we really fancy giving it a go. But that's it - we really fancy giving it a go!

I could never risk what you are doing financially. I'd just say "Sod it!" and turn towards something else. I think I'm risking things by possibly having to say two years down the line "Well we gave it a shot and it didn't work" and then dragging the family back here. But what you are doing takes the breath away.

I'm not for a minute saying that you are wrong - you're probably the type of risk taker who would become a millionaire whereas I'd just plod through life but....I'm interested to know what actually drives you to such lengths...?

Is the UK so bad and Australia so good or is it to do with other aspects of life?
Hi, and not the first time I've been asked! I have no problem replying so here goes!

1) Like many fed up with the UK, fed up with London and all it's surroundings! I won't go into detail, but I think many on here would have similar opinions (from what I read).

2) Medical reasons. I suffer with Psoriasis (skin problem) which I know SOME ppl on here (have seen it) find that a funny skin problem, but believe me it isn't! The UVA & UVB rays in the sun help with it ... big time! After a holiday in the sun for 2 weeks I am clear! Summers in the UK are better than winters for me. I once asked my Specialist "how do I get rid if this damm thing for good?" ........ her reply was simply "move to Australia!" Regular sun will basically rid the problem for me. I've had it since I was 19!

My partner suffers with Depression + SADS. She HATES the Winters here, and blooms (normally) in the Summer! We aint under NO impression that Oz will be stress free, sure it will have it's own problems, but for us, Sun is a BIG bonus

Kids. My kids are doing very well in a good school. We all know upping now ISN'T the best time for them, but is there ever a 'best time' ??? We've moved from London - Watford a few year back. I appreciate this ISN'T to the other side of the world, but all the same it IS leaving friends, school etc etc. I'm just saying they have half a clue of what upping ship is all about, and are both still keen!

My job. Ok, I can change this without going to Oz, but all the same a career change fits in, so it makes sense. I drive a cab round London for a living now. I hate it! ...... my partner could write books about how much I hate it. Big problem trho, is the money is VERY good. I am free (to a degree) to do as many hours as I want, whenever I want etc etc. So do I go out and work loads?? ......... NO! ...... cos i hate it! I feel as long as I am within commuting distance of London, as much as I hate it, I'd rather do it than many things. I'm sure that makes no sense, but I just feel I am 'tied in' and cannot get out. To earn the same money, I would have to study here for a long time!!

Money isn't everything tho!

Ahhhhh, I'm off on the waffle so will try and finish off.

Basically me and the missus just want a laid back lifestyle (on goes rose tinted glasses!), a better climate, an English speaking country (so kids don't get bogged down with new language at this time in their schooling career), and friendly people (aghhh, another paragraph to do!) We're BOTH happy to work full time to make ends meet, and if all goes well, we could be studying together at the same time! (extra 5 points for spouse skills won't go a miss!)

Oh and people. As I say I drive a cab round London now for a living. I will Guaranteed have at least 2 fares a night that will be Aussies (a lot more normally!). Also a lot of Kiwi's, but anyway. I've NEVER fell out with ONE! ..... not even a heated debate! .... altho they do like to wind you up! ...lol. I find them ALL very laid back and up for a laugh! ...... All the time! My partner doesn't come into contact with as many, but agrees she's never fell out with any she's worked with or met over the years. I know this sounds like I'm a right creep, but it's just how it is! Ok, maybe had a good run and tonight I'll get knocked by one, but bad apples I'd say!

That's prob too much text, and probably only half of it, but all the same might give you an indication as to why we ALL want Oz!

Oh and most important!!! ....... the missus aint good driving on the other side of the road! ...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.