Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone interested in another North East meet up?

Anyone interested in another North East meet up?

Old Apr 18th 2007, 8:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone interested in another North East meet up?

[QUOTE=deeandrob;4662401]
Originally Posted by tracey.d
we validated in 2004 so mine only has until May 2009 which isnt long

thats one of my main worries, neither of them has a good job and are struggling a bit now. I would feel a lot happier if at least one of them had a good job

for good? thats when I'm going. where are you heading?

hi Tracey

we are just in the first stages i.e. not even applied for visas yet. OH is plumber/gas fitter and i am trying to find out plenty of info first before we apply. i know he will need to attend college to apply for license before he can get any work but we need to make sure he will be able to get some sort of work once he gets this. have beenr eading loads of threads and am getting soooooo confused - people saying "go here theres loads of work" and then others telling you to avoid that area!! i know we need to apply before 1st Sept (I think) to avoid having to sit the english tests (wouldn't bother me but OH not too clever at times with the old spelling!) does anybody therefore have any idea what the best place would be. am swaying towards Adalaide (cheaper house prices etc.) but we do have distant relatives in Darwin but it seems that theres not that much work up there at the moment.

Any ideas???

how did you choose which area - was it work firstly and then house prices, schools etc.???
We looked at Geelong area then Perth first off. Then considered everything such as climate, things for the kids to do etc. then decided on Brisbane.

I visited a hospital while I was there and ended up getting a job there. Was meant to go 2 years ago but a lot has happened since hence me going so long after validating.

Have waited so long I can't wait. I just hope we all settle
Old Apr 18th 2007, 8:40 pm
Just Joined

deeandrob is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=tracey.d;4662570]
Originally Posted by deeandrob

We looked at Geelong area then Perth first off. Then considered everything such as climate, things for the kids to do etc. then decided on Brisbane.

I visited a hospital while I was there and ended up getting a job there. Was meant to go 2 years ago but a lot has happened since hence me going so long after validating.

Have waited so long I can't wait. I just hope we all settle
i'm sure you will.
i have that worry also - i just wonder if i am that determined to go will it all be a big let down and will we end up coming home with no house and jobs etc. but then i think well you only live once and i wouldn't want to regret it in years to come.
Old Apr 18th 2007, 9:08 pm
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by smoggieswilltravel
Hi

We'll keep our eyes peeled for you all. We'll let you know how we get on and there are alot of expats already in Cleveland (Oz) as brother in law plays footy with a few of them.

Good luck to you.
doesn't play for Redlands United football club does he, we are looking at them for our lads.

Sounds like there may well be a few of us in Cleveland.

Kaye
Old Apr 19th 2007, 8:00 am
The Northener

burno has a spectacular aura aboutburno has a spectacular aura aboutburno has a spectacular aura about

hi every one put me down plus 2 children (11 and 13) for the sunday meet please. OH cant come as at work. looking 4ward to it c u all there
Karen
Old Apr 19th 2007, 7:00 pm
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

bloomin heck, where do you live?

I think that was the problem for a few of us before, the ones held in Newcastle would be an hour or mores drive from here and although I would have driven up if there was ever one on my day off its a bit far for others.

Thats why I chose Hartlepool although its a bit of a drive from here its not too far and is more accessible to some.

It's a shame you can't make it, it would have been nice to meet you.

Tracey
we are north of the tyne - would not have been a problem if it was just the 2 of us but too far with toddlers!!

we keep missing each other at these meets

Adele
Old Apr 19th 2007, 7:18 pm
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kev9672jedi
Hi Adele,

We live in Killingworth and are going to the meet up but if you want we could try and organise a one after based in Newcastle. I know what you mean about the kids ours are 8 and 5 and all they do is fight!!!

But we will suffer as we hav'nt been to a meet up before and are really excited about it!

Let me know if you are interested in organising one in Newcastle

Hope to hear from you soon Julie
Hi Julie
We are just just along the road from you in seaton delaval

A newcastle meet sounds like a great idea. As far as i know there hasnt been a newcastle meet for ages - all the ones we have been too have been durham or sunderland.

We will definitely have to arrange something for may/june.

i love these meets - you get the chance to spend a whole afternoon talking about all things australian with a group of people who are just as happy with the topic as you!

Adele
Old Apr 19th 2007, 7:56 pm
UK to Brissy - August 07

smoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nice

Originally Posted by wardy2
doesn't play for Redlands United football club does he, we are looking at them for our lads.

Sounds like there may well be a few of us in Cleveland.

Kaye
No, he plays for Capalaba but all the clubs have great facilities with floodlights and great club houses. Nothing like here, friday night seems to be the night when most games go ahead, starting with the kids and finishing with the 1st team. Redlands is a good set up but Capalaba takes some beating.
Old Apr 19th 2007, 8:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Tracey,

Dan and I will definitely be there, but as I said before, we won't be bringing little one
Old Apr 19th 2007, 8:48 pm
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by smoggieswilltravel
No, he plays for Capalaba but all the clubs have great facilities with floodlights and great club houses. Nothing like here, friday night seems to be the night when most games go ahead, starting with the kids and finishing with the 1st team. Redlands is a good set up but Capalaba takes some beating.
Hi

We had a look throught the windows at Capalaba it is one of the ones we were considering. It was all locked up when we went for a quick tour.

Are you just being loyal or is Capalaba the better option and if so why any info greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Kaye
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 6:17 pm
UK to Brissy - August 07

smoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nice

Hi

We had a look throught the windows at Capalaba it is one of the ones we were considering. It was all locked up when we went for a quick tour.

Are you just being loyal or is Capalaba the better option and if so why any info greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Kaye
Hi Kaye,

I think both clubs are fine, its my OH who plays the football so he will have a better idea but I think that he will go to Capalaba as I know that they have a good senior team and he's played football at a resonable level over here. When he was over there last year and played there. I'll ask my brother in law to see if he can get some info on Redlands but there are quite a few expats playing at Capalaba.
Old Apr 24th 2007, 5:56 pm
The Marriott's

kev9672jedi will become famous soon enough

It's a while since we held a meet up here.

All those who used to go to them have gone to Aus now (except me )

So, not to be feeling left out I thought I'd try and arrange another as there seems to be a few newer members from up here.

Anyone interested?
Tracey.
Hope everyone is still going on Saturday see you there!!!

Julie&Kev
Old Apr 24th 2007, 6:19 pm
aka DORIS

Are you just trying to keep me on my toes its Sunday isn't it 29th April

Kaye
Old Apr 24th 2007, 6:31 pm
The Marriott's

kev9672jedi will become famous soon enough

OH its been one of those days !!!

Yes its Sunday, so is any one still going on SUNDAY 29TH April

Thats better

Oh
Are you just trying to keep me on my toes its Sunday isn't it 29th April

Kaye
Old Apr 24th 2007, 6:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, we are, and really looking forward to it
Old Apr 24th 2007, 6:56 pm
aka DORIS

Originally Posted by kev9672jedi
OH its been one of those days !!!

Yes its Sunday, so is any one still going on SUNDAY 29TH April

Thats better

Oh
yes will be there I was hoping to get there at 1pm for early drink but will be more around 2pm.

Looking forward to meeting everyone

Kaye

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.