Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone interested in another North East meet up?

Anyone interested in another North East meet up?

Old Apr 28th 2007, 6:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone interested in another North East meet up?

I rang the pub earlier today to confirm numbers. It looks like there are going to be 30+ people coming

The thing is that 1-3 is their busiest time so they cant book a table for that many. 20 is the most they can book for.

It shouldnt be a problem because we can always commandeer another table

Last time we all headed out for a drink anyway.

Tracey.

Looking forward to meeting you all. Well done to Tiredwithtwins for heading all the way from sheffield with a car full of kids
Old Apr 28th 2007, 6:31 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tracey.d
Well done to Tiredwithtwins for heading all the way from sheffield with a car full of kids

i havent got there yet!!!

should be ok ... got sat nav now too!

Old Apr 28th 2007, 6:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
i havent got there yet!!!

should be ok ... got sat nav now too!

At least you're having a go. I bottled it when I came down to your Sheffield meet. Got the train
Old Apr 29th 2007, 5:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Well I had a great afternoon

Thanks to everyone who turned up, there was more than I expected

Special thanks to Tired with twins for travelling all the way from Sheffield

and

kiki and alimal who post on ******** but heard about the meet from wardy who posted it on there

It was great to see the kids getting along so well too. Josh has already added his new friends addys to msn

Looking forward to having another before I go

Tracey
Old Apr 29th 2007, 5:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

How bizarre I posted another forums name and it was deleted can't be allowed to mention other forums on here
Old Apr 30th 2007, 9:12 am
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Tracey

Thanks for organising yesterday it was great to meet most of you, unfortunately didnt get to chat to everyone, maybe see you next time.

Thanks again

Kaye
Old Apr 30th 2007, 12:38 pm
The Marriott's

kev9672jedi will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: Anyone interested in another North East meet up?

Hi Tracey,

just to say thanks for organising the meet, had a really nice afternoon meeting every one

Hope we can do it again soon!!!

Julie
Old Apr 30th 2007, 6:42 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

hi guys,
just wanted to say thanks to everyone for making me feel so welcome! I had a lovely time, sorry i didnt really chat to everyone ...
tracey, it was so lovely to see you again - you look fantastic!! lucy was a bit in awe of your daughter ... she wanted to do her hair just like your daughters when we got home lol!
it took us just over 2 hours to get home .... we nearly got squished by a truck on the m1 who decided (as i was doing about 90 in the fast lane) that he wanted to come into our lane too - now i know my car is only small, but it aint that small!! anyway, lots of horn blasting and one fingered salutes were given and we all got on fine
see you at the next one!!!!
sue xxx
Old Apr 30th 2007, 8:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
hi guys,
just wanted to say thanks to everyone for making me feel so welcome! I had a lovely time, sorry i didnt really chat to everyone ...
tracey, it was so lovely to see you again - you look fantastic!! lucy was a bit in awe of your daughter ... she wanted to do her hair just like your daughters when we got home lol!
it took us just over 2 hours to get home .... we nearly got squished by a truck on the m1 who decided (as i was doing about 90 in the fast lane) that he wanted to come into our lane too - now i know my car is only small, but it aint that small!! anyway, lots of horn blasting and one fingered salutes were given and we all got on fine
see you at the next one!!!!
sue xxx
I'm sure you sorted him out.

Younger girls do tend to look up to the older girls. I wont tell her what you said because her head might swell

There was a few people wanting to meet you who never got the chance. Asked which one was you but you had just left so we'll defo have to have another!

Thanks again everyone for coming. I was really pleased with the amount of people who came and was especially pleased with how well the kids got on. I agree with Lorna that it's good for the kids to meet other kids as I feel that they often get overlooked and dont have anyone to talk to who understands what they're thinking.

Speaking of Lorna, Natalie was laughing her head off at me and how thick I am. I asked Lorna what she done and she told me. Then 5 minutes later I asked her if she worked . Was taking the mick because she learnt more than me

In my defence: I am working full time shifts, doing a university course, trying to organise 1 daughters 18th birthday and anothers school leavers prom whilst trying to arrange to move my family and 2 dogs to the other side of the world so my heads up my a*** half the time

So, I think I'll try and organise one for June when kelli 28s over (if she's still coming) if not we'll have 1 anyway.

Tracey
Old Apr 30th 2007, 8:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

kaye and julie, was great to meet you too.

I have to say julie, your boys are really funny. They had my kids in stitches I think your oldest could be a comedian.

Give me a shout if you arrange one up your end and I'll try and come.

Tracey
Old Apr 30th 2007, 8:39 pm
The Northener

burno has a spectacular aura aboutburno has a spectacular aura aboutburno has a spectacular aura about

hi nice to meet everyone on Sunday, its nice to be able to put faces to names. thanks Tracey for taking the time out and organising the meet
Karen
Old Apr 30th 2007, 8:45 pm
Forum Regular

Lornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to all

kaye and julie, was great to meet you too.

I have to say julie, your boys are really funny. They had my kids in stitches I think your oldest could be a comedian.

Give me a shout if you arrange one up your end and I'll try and come.

Tracey
Hi Tracey

Thanks very much for organising it on sunday derek me and the boys had a great time it was really good to talk to so many people who r in the same boat as us and hopefully we have made friends that will carry over to australia and continue to meet when we all arrive there. Kyle already been on msn to yr lad so hopefully all the kids will get something out of it as well.

Lorna
Old Apr 30th 2007, 8:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by burno
hi nice to meet everyone on Sunday, its nice to be able to put faces to names. thanks Tracey for taking the time out and organising the meet
Karen
Hi, you just finished a 12 hour shift too? Had to have a 6 mile hike to pathology this afternoon (at least it seems that long) was half expecting to bump into you on the way
Old Apr 30th 2007, 8:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Lornagoingtobrissy
Hi Tracey

Thanks very much for organising it on sunday derek me and the boys had a great time it was really good to talk to so many people who r in the same boat as us and hopefully we have made friends that will carry over to australia and continue to meet when we all arrive there. Kyle already been on msn to yr lad so hopefully all the kids will get something out of it as well.

Lorna
He was on msn when I got home from work. He's only just started going on it and is becoming addicted already, lol.

If you fancy it we could meet up some time with the boys

that goes for everyone else who was there with the kids, they all got on well

We could have the first expats kids meet
Old Apr 30th 2007, 8:52 pm
Forum Regular

Lornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to all

He was on msn when I got home from work. He's only just started going on it and is becoming addicted already, lol.

If you fancy it we could meet up some time with the boys

that goes for everyone else who was there with the kids, they all got on well

We could have the first expats kids meet
Yes Tracey that would be good

Lorna

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.