Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

ANYONE FROM HULL AREA IN PROCESS OF MIGRATING???

Wikiposts

ANYONE FROM HULL AREA IN PROCESS OF MIGRATING???

Old May 28th 2008, 6:45 am
Forum Regular

Steveclare is a jewel in the roughSteveclare is a jewel in the roughSteveclare is a jewel in the roughSteveclare is a jewel in the roughSteveclare is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: ANYONE FROM HULL AREA IN PROCESS OF MIGRATING???

Hi
We live in Pocklington and I work at Hull Royal Infirmary as a nurse, we are hoping to move to Townsville QLD at the end of the year. I noticed from some of the posts that someone in Barmby Moor is moving out to QLD, sometimes its nice to hear people nearby who are going through the same things.
I am also taking along my husband and a 9 year old daughter.

Clare
Old May 28th 2008, 7:05 am
Forum Regular

sutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Steveclare
Hi
We live in Pocklington and I work at Hull Royal Infirmary as a nurse, we are hoping to move to Townsville QLD at the end of the year. I noticed from some of the posts that someone in Barmby Moor is moving out to QLD, sometimes its nice to hear people nearby who are going through the same things.
I am also taking along my husband and a 9 year old daughter.

Clare
Hi Clare
I work at hull royal infirmary too, auxilary nurse. I live in withernsea at mo with hubby who is a builder and 3 daughters 11, 9 and 7months.
Old May 28th 2008, 7:42 am
Forum Regular

Steveclare is a jewel in the roughSteveclare is a jewel in the roughSteveclare is a jewel in the roughSteveclare is a jewel in the roughSteveclare is a jewel in the rough

Mandy
I have sent you a PM.

Clare
Old May 28th 2008, 8:49 am
Forum Regular

sutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Steveclare
Mandy
I have sent you a PM.

Clare
Hi Clare
Have sent you pm.
Mandy
Old May 28th 2008, 11:23 am
Forum Regular

clairer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sutty77
Hi Claire
I,m from withernsea, use to live in east Hull a few years back. We are hoping to come over early next year to the gold coast area. My hubby is a builder and have 3 daughters, 11, 9 and 7months. What area are you in oz?
mandy
we're in Brisbane, its great we love it! my husband in simular trade and is rushed off his feet so you should be right for work!
Old May 28th 2008, 11:35 am
Forum Regular

clairer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dougy Stu
Hi All,

We are from Cottingham and are in the process at the moment and are hoping to move out there next year. My sister and brother in law were from Sutton Park and moved out 6-7 weeks ago. I am 31 and Jenni is 28 I am a car sales manager and Jenni is an hairdresser. We have a 2 year old and another due at the end of July. We are in a state of limbo at the momment because we can not go for medicals due to the xrays.

Let us know if there are any meet ups planned.

Go on the Tigers, premiership here we come

Troy
I have friends just waiting for paperwork to flyu out, they are from sutton Park too! Im see you what you mean about the xrays tut, i suppose it will work out well though time wise! Im 28 and hubby is 31, were southwest suburbs, whats your yor sister/in law called, where abouts are they- do they know anyone here?
Old May 28th 2008, 6:19 pm
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold

Hi

We are from York so not too far from Hull. We are ping pong pom's having migrated in 2003 and returned in 2006. Hubby has just landed a job in Brisbane (never been previously lived Nr Melbourne) and we get a relocation package and we are aiming to fly beginning of Aug as I will be 32 wks pregnant and dont want to leave it much later to fly.

I am going out while on maternity leave hubby has handed in his notice at work so its all happening rather fast. We are Aussie citizens which makes the move this time so much easier.

Jo
Old May 28th 2008, 8:30 pm
Just Joined

Dougy Stu is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Carl England
Hi
Carl here i live in bridlington and i am also a hairdresser i have worked for myself for 14 years owned 2 salon but sold them both earlier this year. i have also worked in training for the last six years in the hull area.
were does Jenni work?

we are just about to book our medicals and police checks hoping to get our visa at the end of the year.
were are you planning on moving to?
we are looking to go to brissie Redcliffe area i think?
we are off on holiday tonight for 3 weeks so wont be on but please do reply and we can keep each other up dated maybe meet up one day
regards Carl
ps. my wife is also a hairdresser but is now a full time mum since selling our businesses we have three kids 10, 9, 2 too eldest girls youngest boy
Hi Carl,

Jenni is only working part time as she looks after our son, she works at Dizzy's in Cottingham.

Regards Troy
Old Jun 29th 2008, 3:30 am
Forum Regular

Carl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really nice

Hi Carl,

Jenni is only working part time as she looks after our son, she works at Dizzy's in Cottingham.

Regards Troy
Hi Troy
Carl here from Bridlington
How are things going with you?
wont be long before your next one is due how does that affect your visa application.
what part of Oz are you planning to go to?
and at what stage of the process are you up to?
Regards Carl
Old Jun 29th 2008, 8:54 am
Forum Regular

lazylou123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all

We are in Hull, the o/h did his practical in April (mechanic) and we applied for the visa in May, so now for the long wait. I am a nursery nurse and we have 2 girls aged 10 and 8. Not sure yet where we are headed either Perth or Brisbane and hoping to get out there some time after xmas.

If anyone would like to meet up then let me know when and where and we will try to make it (o/h works shifts and nights)

Louisa
Old Jun 29th 2008, 9:04 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by lazylou123
Hi all

We are in Hull, the o/h did his practical in April (mechanic) and we applied for the visa in May, so now for the long wait. I am a nursery nurse and we have 2 girls aged 10 and 8. Not sure yet where we are headed either Perth or Brisbane and hoping to get out there some time after xmas.

If anyone would like to meet up then let me know when and where and we will try to make it (o/h works shifts and nights)

Louisa
Hi Louisa

I,m mandy from withernsea and have 3 girls aged 11, 9 and 9months. were heading for brisbane early next year hopefully. My hubby a builder and doing practical in couple of weeks. If you fancy meeting up, just pm me. I,m only half hour drive from hull.

Mandy
Old Jan 1st 2009, 6:00 am
Forum Regular

Carl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really nice

Originally Posted by Carl England
Hi
Carl here i live in bridlington and i am also a hairdresser i have worked for myself for 14 years owned 2 salon but sold them both earlier this year. i have also worked in training for the last six years in the hull area.
were does Jenni work?

we are just about to book our medicals and police checks hoping to get our visa at the end of the year.
were are you planning on moving to?
we are looking to go to brissie Redcliffe area i think?
we are off on holiday tonight for 3 weeks so wont be on but please do reply and we can keep each other up dated maybe meet up one day
regards Carl
ps. my wife is also a hairdresser but is now a full time mum since selling our businesses we have three kids 10, 9, 2 too eldest girls youngest boy
Hello how is it going?
we spoke on hear earlier last year i am a hairdresser like your wife
have you got your visa yet?
we are still waiting but cant wait
Old Jan 1st 2009, 8:09 pm
Just Joined

Dougy Stu is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Carl,

Still a long way off, we had our little girl Gracie May on 02nd August but then decided it would be better to get married here before we move to Oz. We thought we would be a tighter nit family if all four of us had the same surname. We are now waiting for Gracie's and Jen passports coming back so that we can get them validated. When everything is validated we can then send everything off to apply for the visa. We are praying it will still happen in 2009, how about you when do you think you will be going?

Regards Troy
Old Jan 2nd 2009, 4:30 am
Forum Regular

Hi Carl,

Still a long way off, we had our little girl Gracie May on 02nd August but then decided it would be better to get married here before we move to Oz. We thought we would be a tighter nit family if all four of us had the same surname. We are now waiting for Gracie's and Jen passports coming back so that we can get them validated. When everything is validated we can then send everything off to apply for the visa. We are praying it will still happen in 2009, how about you when do you think you will be going?

Regards Troy

Congratulation Troy on ur little girl

We are hoping to go at the end of the year but have had a delay. we are expecting our 4th child (must be mad) so that has now held things up are due in may so as soon as it is born we are full steam ahead. like you hoping to be this year.

will keep it tough to see how you are doing

what part are you planning to go to ?

We are planning to go to brisbane in the redcliffe area
Old Jan 4th 2009, 4:05 am
Just Joined

jomaspirit is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there, we are Jo, Steve, Ryan 13 and Katie 10. We moved to Perth from Hull, UK on July 14th 2008. Still very different and trying very hard to settle. Had a lot of blips happen with lots of unlucky stuff. Will explain when we start chatting lol its boring. We really want to stay here and dont want to go back but things keep happening that jeopordising it. xxx Speak soon

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.