Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

ANYONE FROM HULL AREA IN PROCESS OF MIGRATING???

ANYONE FROM HULL AREA IN PROCESS OF MIGRATING???

Old May 18th 2008, 8:10 pm
Forum Regular

sutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to all
Default Re: ANYONE FROM HULL AREA IN PROCESS OF MIGRATING???

Originally Posted by Carl England
Hi Mandy
today is our 12 wedding aniversary(been at a christening today) and we have 3 kids 2 girls aged 9,10 and a boy 2 1/2. i am a hairdresser and just awaiting for our last stage to go through. just had the info pack for police check and medicals. we are wanting to go to Brisbane. think we might go summer next year when our eldest leaves priamry school in this country but she will have another year to do in oz at primary school. we have never been to ox before and are really looking forward to the move , but we are also thinking what are we doing. how far have you got? we are using an agent for our emmigration process are you?
we stil have to find out own temp accomadation when we get to oz and work. I have been using the seek job site in oz to look for work and have been in contact with a half dozen salons explaining my situation. we not told family yet!! waiting till we got somthing concrete to tell the. But having said that we have sold both our businesses and are about to put our house on the market, this we were not going to do, but think it would be better to do when not in the country. what are you doing with your's?.
Hi Carl
Congratulations on ur anniversary. I,ll have been married 11 years in august.
Well your 2 girls are about same age as mine so thats good. Just waiting for my hubby to do his practical in july then can submit our main application. were with an agent called access migration, there very very good, really helpful. We are putting our house on market in the next couple of weeks, abit ahead of ourselves, yes i no but when we get visas we want to go without having hassle of selling our house. So we want money ready for us.
We are hoping to go early summer next year, maybe a bit before. Just depends on when we get visas. Our agent has told us we should have them january time, fingers crossed. We are looking at Gold Coast, seems a very popular area for brits to move to. Suppose to be new residential area which looks very nice on the housing websites. Are you hoping to run your own hairdressing business in oz then?
Mandy
Old May 18th 2008, 9:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

jollyswagman has a spectacular aura aboutjollyswagman has a spectacular aura aboutjollyswagman has a spectacular aura about

Hi again Mandy, never asked what do you do as i am a hairdresser aswell as Carl! I only work part time here and i am mobile as it fits in well with the kids!
i really don,t know how people afford to work when they have paid for their childcare!
We found hays a really good site for construction jobs if you are looking at the moment!
Debbie
Old May 19th 2008, 4:42 pm
Forum Regular

Carl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really nice

Originally Posted by jollyswagman
Hi again Mandy, never asked what do you do as i am a hairdresser aswell as Carl! I only work part time here and i am mobile as it fits in well with the kids!
i really don,t know how people afford to work when they have paid for their childcare!
We found hays a really good site for construction jobs if you are looking at the moment!
Debbie
Hi Debbie
are you in the hull area?
are you wating to carry on with hairdressing when you move?
what part are you going to as in some areas you have to register to practice as a hairdresser.
Old May 19th 2008, 4:49 pm
Forum Regular

Carl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really nice

Originally Posted by sutty77
Hi Carl
Congratulations on ur anniversary. I,ll have been married 11 years in august.
Well your 2 girls are about same age as mine so thats good. Just waiting for my hubby to do his practical in july then can submit our main application. were with an agent called access migration, there very very good, really helpful. We are putting our house on market in the next couple of weeks, abit ahead of ourselves, yes i no but when we get visas we want to go without having hassle of selling our house. So we want money ready for us.
We are hoping to go early summer next year, maybe a bit before. Just depends on when we get visas. Our agent has told us we should have them january time, fingers crossed. We are looking at Gold Coast, seems a very popular area for brits to move to. Suppose to be new residential area which looks very nice on the housing websites. Are you hoping to run your own hairdressing business in oz then?
Mandy
Hi Mandy
yes i am wanting to set up my own business again.
We are hoping to get our visa aroung october/november it has flown through no waiting. We are also going to put our house on the market, we were not going to but have decided that it would be for the best.. i doin't think that we will be going before next summer as i would like my kids to finish the school year out and then start a new term in a new country.
Is the Gold Coast in Brissbane i think it is but not sure.
Does your agent find you temp accommadation over there or do you have to find your own?
Old May 19th 2008, 5:25 pm
Forum Regular

sutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to all

Hi Mandy
yes i am wanting to set up my own business again.
We are hoping to get our visa aroung october/november it has flown through no waiting. We are also going to put our house on the market, we were not going to but have decided that it would be for the best.. i doin't think that we will be going before next summer as i would like my kids to finish the school year out and then start a new term in a new country.
Is the Gold Coast in Brissbane i think it is but not sure.
Does your agent find you temp accommadation over there or do you have to find your own?
Hi Carl
The gold coast is all surrounding suburbs outside brissie. I no that pacific pines which is were we are looking at is about 45min - 1hr drive to brissie.
Dont know about temp accommodation, havent got that far yet.
You never know, if we end up going same time we can find somewhere together, I,m sure we,d have fun with all 6 of our kids together!lol
I,m an auxilary nurse at Hull royal, but am qualified in business administration so maybe when you get set up, i could be your receptionist at your new salon!!lol
Anyway, just tidying up, so will keep chatting as i moving along at home.
Mandy
Old May 20th 2008, 7:12 pm
Forum Regular

HullyBullys is a jewel in the roughHullyBullys is a jewel in the roughHullyBullys is a jewel in the roughHullyBullys is a jewel in the rough

Hi all

We are from Hull and plan to migrate around December time.

The kids and i now have ozzy passports (I was born there as a child of my £10 pom parents) so the missus just needs her spouses visa.

Planning on Brisbane area.

I am in Computer Programming and the wife is a childcare assistant.

Really looking forward to it.
Old May 20th 2008, 7:17 pm
Forum Regular

LUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to all

Do I count?
I married a Hull lass, she's from Anlaby, we're going to Brisbane around the end of July begginning od August, with our 3 kids 19,17 & 13 and our 3 legged dog!

Best of luck to you all, see you when you get there

The Clarkies
Old May 28th 2008, 12:58 pm
Forum Regular

clairer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sutty77
Hi
Is there anyone in the Hull area that is in the process of migrating?

If so, would be great to exchange notes and maybe meet up for chats etc.

Mandy
Hi Mandy, Im in OZ from Hull!!! When are you coming over here?
Old May 28th 2008, 1:06 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Lee&Jade
Hi there,
We'are from hull, holderness road and have been here a week
Lee&jade
Hi Jade & Lee, thought I should say hello, Im an East Hull girl too from sutton, we moved out here in Jan08, how old are you both? just curious as to whether or not we may have met? Im 28 and hubby is 31 (he's an east huller too)
Old May 28th 2008, 1:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Red_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond repute

I believe Hull RLFC have just signed Crocker from Australian Rugby League - poor bugger he's having to go the other way.
Old May 28th 2008, 1:42 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Red_V_Roger
I believe Hull RLFC have just signed Crocker from Australian Rugby League - poor bugger he's having to go the other way.
there's two Hull team FC (my team) and Hull KR (rovers) which is he going to, do you know? FC arent doing too good this season where as KR (promoted to superleague last year) arent doing too bad tut ?!?!?!
Old May 28th 2008, 2:56 pm
Just Joined

Dougy Stu is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

We are from Cottingham and are in the process at the moment and are hoping to move out there next year. My sister and brother in law were from Sutton Park and moved out 6-7 weeks ago. I am 31 and Jenni is 28 I am a car sales manager and Jenni is an hairdresser. We have a 2 year old and another due at the end of July. We are in a state of limbo at the momment because we can not go for medicals due to the xrays.

Let us know if there are any meet ups planned.

Go on the Tigers, premiership here we come

Troy
Old May 28th 2008, 3:03 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by clairer
Hi Mandy, Im in OZ from Hull!!! When are you coming over here?
Hi Claire
I,m from withernsea, use to live in east Hull a few years back. We are hoping to come over early next year to the gold coast area. My hubby is a builder and have 3 daughters, 11, 9 and 7months. What area are you in oz?
mandy
Old May 28th 2008, 5:20 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Dougy Stu
Hi All,

We are from Cottingham and are in the process at the moment and are hoping to move out there next year. My sister and brother in law were from Sutton Park and moved out 6-7 weeks ago. I am 31 and Jenni is 28 I am a car sales manager and Jenni is an hairdresser. We have a 2 year old and another due at the end of July. We are in a state of limbo at the momment because we can not go for medicals due to the xrays.

Let us know if there are any meet ups planned.

Go on the Tigers, premiership here we come

Troy
Hi
Carl here i live in bridlington and i am also a hairdresser i have worked for myself for 14 years owned 2 salon but sold them both earlier this year. i have also worked in training for the last six years in the hull area.
were does Jenni work?

we are just about to book our medicals and police checks hoping to get our visa at the end of the year.
were are you planning on moving to?
we are looking to go to brissie Redcliffe area i think?
we are off on holiday tonight for 3 weeks so wont be on but please do reply and we can keep each other up dated maybe meet up one day
regards Carl
ps. my wife is also a hairdresser but is now a full time mum since selling our businesses we have three kids 10, 9, 2 too eldest girls youngest boy
Old May 28th 2008, 5:49 pm
Forum Regular

Hi
Carl here i live in bridlington and i am also a hairdresser i have worked for myself for 14 years owned 2 salon but sold them both earlier this year. i have also worked in training for the last six years in the hull area.
were does Jenni work?

we are just about to book our medicals and police checks hoping to get our visa at the end of the year.
were are you planning on moving to?
we are looking to go to brissie Redcliffe area i think?
we are off on holiday tonight for 3 weeks so wont be on but please do reply and we can keep each other up dated maybe meet up one day
regards Carl
ps. my wife is also a hairdresser but is now a full time mum since selling our businesses we have three kids 10, 9, 2 too eldest girls youngest boy
Hi Carl
Mandy here.
Just wanted to say have a nice hol, i think i get back off mine same time as you so will chat then. Maybe we could meet up when we get back off our hols as were not far from you.
Mandy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.